next dvd in blu-ray?

soonerdeadsoonerdead Posts: 117
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Of course it should/will be...but will it be better than the poor man's SVT, Immagine In Cornice. Surely they boys can do better, right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    yea please... 1080/24p
    i like sound...
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I would love to see the next one in blu-ray. That said, Immagine In Cornice looks pretty damn nice. I could only imagine what some of those shots would look like on blu-ray :o
  • soonerdeadsoonerdead Posts: 117
    I would love to see the next one in blu-ray. That said, Immagine In Cornice looks pretty damn nice. I could only imagine what some of those shots would look like on blu-ray :o

nice shots, just didn't like the content. to me it's nothing compared to all the other videos
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    soonerdead wrote:

nice shots, just didn't like the content. to me it's nothing compared to all the other videos

Immagine in Cornice was great IMO. Content and all. Ed sound checking Immortality leading into the real deal was awesome along with the entire "behind" the scenes "documentory".
  • soonerdead wrote:

what? it may possibly be the best music dvd ever made and Im not saying that because of the pearl jam bias and my wife and a bunch of friends are one it.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • soonerdeadsoonerdead Posts: 117
    soonerdead wrote:

what? it may possibly be the best music dvd ever made and Im not saying that because of the pearl jam bias and my wife and a bunch of friends are one it.

i'm just saying as far as documentary styling goes i'd take SVT before IIC
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    if tb2k could somehow be tweaked and redone in bluray.. well...
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424

Yeah, you are.
    It's good, but the setlist is a little weak to be considered best MUSIC dvd ever.

It doesn't touch Led Zeppelin S/T dvd or Live at Pompeii, imo.

I don't really think it's even close to the Showbox or Garden dvd's.

David Gilmour's, Remember That Night is awesome, as well. It's an amazing performance and the Italian tour doc is pretty awesome too.

Rush In Rio is ridiculously good too.

Some others come to mind that just have superior performances by the bands.

Black Crowes-Freak nRol
    MMJ-Okokokos
    Pink Floyd-Pulse
    Alice In Chains-Unplugged

To the op........... Bluray is a must. There's really been a lack of releases, so far. Toward the end of dvd's reign it seemed like everybody was releasing dvd's.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    mmmm ... listening to pearl jam via dolby true hd audio bluray style ...

Homer_drools.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,278
    demetrios wrote:
    mmmm ... listening to pearl jam via dolby true hd audio bluray style ...

Homer_drools.jpg

LOL! :D

PJ on Blu would be incredible!!!

And the last DVD was very nice looking for a DVD. Upscaled onto my 50" HDTV looks quite nice. Blu would blow it away though!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    u think they would of re-released some of the others in blu ray by now..
  • DewieCox wrote:

Yeah, you are.
    It's good, but the setlist is a little weak to be considered best MUSIC dvd ever.

It doesn't touch Led Zeppelin S/T dvd or Live at Pompeii, imo.

I don't really think it's even close to the Showbox or Garden dvd's.

Its far better than any dvd pearl jam has done and may be top 5 best music dvds of all time, setlist isnt everything, its all about what other content is in there, it should be a good mix of content and songs, I dont think the setlist is even that great on it but all the other stuff makes up for it, also the shots are amazing, it is at least filmed better than any other music dvd easily, danny clinchs direction and technique is astounding.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}