Options

Ten Club, Pearl Jam and Ed (solo) owe us nothing!

BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,966
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Ten Club, Pearl Jam and Ed (solo) owe us nothing!

We as members, supporters and lovers of this great band are owed nothing! zero, diddly squat!

We are the luckiest sons of bitches in my humble opinion and people still persist in being selfish and indulgent fools. Yes we buy the albums, attend the shows and buy merch from the ten club but that doesnt mean we're entitled to anything.

Relax enjoy the music!

Ed, the whole band and the ten club will play shows, finish an album and book a tour where and whenever they fukn feel like it. Not when we demand it!!

I live in Australia and one day hope to see the band / ed play live again but i know it will happen when it happens. I am dying to hear the new album too! But holy shit. Give it a rest peeps!

I know there has been many threads relating to this but i wanted to have my say!

Rock On!
Melbourne #1 '98
Melbourne #2 '03
Melbourne #3 '03
Melbourne #1 '06
Melbourne #3 '06
Melbourne '09
Melbourne '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    +1. Except I don't live in AUS but I agree w/everything else you said.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    ok.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    With this logic, we don't owe anything to the band.

My life would argue otherwise.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    IMO, for paying $20 (or $25) per year to be in the club, the band does owe us something. That said, I think that this is the best $20 a year I've ever spent.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    over_bends wrote:
    With this logic, we don't owe anything to the band.

My life would argue otherwise.

you don't owe anything to the band, you are free to walk away at any time
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    Well said (Brendan Adcock), hey I just got in a bit of trouble a few day back from KAT and well deserved, I went over the deep end and said things I shouldn't have said. I WAS WRONG! in the way that I expressed what I wanted t say! But Ed and the rest of the boys owe us nothing. We subscribe to our own want, our own need for new music. Yeah I want to hear the new music, I want to see them perform in my own town, but hey it doesn't always happen! I've been very fortunate since the year 2000, before that I never go to see PJ even though I was as big as a fan as I am now, but I shrugged my shoulders and said "someday"!

To All the bitchers, let's enjoy what we're given, I know they (ed or PJ) may not be in your nearest area but it'll happen. Enjoy and thanks to Kat for the WARNING!
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)