Options

Hope I'm one of the lucky ones!!!

5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I hope that I get picked for the Baltimore June 15 Ed show. It will be my brothers birthday, and his last day under contract with the military!!! He is currentlly serving a 6 month term in Afganistan and I feel he deserves to come home to an Ed show, after everything he has had to put up with the last 6 months. Just a little blab thanks for reading. What a great day for the start of his new life!!!

If not then I will have to look into possible ways! Would be willing to unleash some vinyls!
This too shall pass.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    5against1- wrote:
    I hope that I get picked for the Baltimore June 15 Ed show. It will be my brothers birthday, and his last day under contract with the military!!! He is currentlly serving a 6 month term in Afganistan and I feel he deserves to come home to an Ed show, after everything he has had to put up with the last 6 months. Just a little blab thanks for reading. What a great day for the start of his new life!!!

If not then I will have to look into possible ways! Would be willing to unleash some vinyls!
    I hope everyone here gets their tickets......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    good luck to you! good luck to all of us waiting for ANY of the shows
    will your brother be home in time for this show?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    It's threads like these that make me wish theb and read the forum.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    5against1- wrote:

Good luck to you. What a way to start his new life with an EV show!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,901
    I BrisK I wrote:
    It's threads like these that make me wish the band read the forum.
    Fixed. Took me a sec. to figure out what you meant.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:

I would be intrigued to know what you wrote or thought i said ha, pm perhaps?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    good luck to everyone!! I'm down for the first Philly show... will be lucky to get it for this show but hey always have a go and see what happens. Either way I'm there whether it's through 10c or LiveNation.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:
    In fairness to everyone who wants tickets, I am sure many people have a story as to why a pair of Baltimore tickets would be special to them. I hope the process truly is random and preference isn't made to people who post their stories on here. I hate to sound cynical, but I sometimes wonder if people post stories like this in the hopes that someone from the 10C will read their thread and keep it in mind.

That said, I do hope that the OP gets his tickets and takes his brother to the show. Sounds like it will be a special night for both of them.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Yes he will be home for the show. He will be driving up from Virginia that same day. It will be the first time we have seen each other since his deployment.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,901
    5against1- wrote:

So no "stoploss" or extension of contracted service? That right there is good enough!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    5against1- wrote:

So no "stoploss" or extension of contracted service? That right there is good enough!!!!
    Yeah you are correct its going to be a great day no matter what. "stoploss" usually happens to only people in the marines and the army. He is in the navy.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    5against1- wrote:
    Yes he will be home for the show. He will be driving up from Virginia that same day. It will be the first time we have seen each other since his deployment.

Seeing your brother again after all that time= priceless
    seeing your brother again AND taking him to an EV show=the perfect homecoming :D
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    BeerBaron wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:
    In fairness to everyone who wants tickets, I am sure many people have a story as to why a pair of Baltimore tickets would be special to them. I hope the process truly is random and preference isn't made to people who post their stories on here. I hate to sound cynical, but I sometimes wonder if people post stories like this in the hopes that someone from the 10C will read their thread and keep it in mind.

That said, I do hope that the OP gets his tickets and takes his brother to the show. Sounds like it will be a special night for both of them.

If the people doing the lottery actually read the board and could figure who was who by their posts, there is no way I would have won the lottery last year and got front row for Camden as I was one of the most outspoken people against the lottery idea. Of course, now I'm in favor of it. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    If the people doing the lottery actually read the board and could figure who was who by their posts, there is no way I would have won the lottery last year and got front row for Camden as I was one of the most outspoken people against the lottery idea. Of course, now I'm in favor of it. ;)
    They can EASILY figure it out now ... our 10C accounts are linked to our Message Pit accounts :) If the 10C wanted to know who I am after reading any of my posts it would take them all of 5 seconds to figure it out.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I hate to sound cynical, but I sometimes wonder if people post stories like this in the hopes that someone from the 10C will read their thread and keep it in mind.

yeah... i feel the same way with you here...seems like there is so much of this going around on this board, which is why i prefer some of ther other pj boards...what with all the elistist mentality of a lot of the 10c members too...but do they actually think the band OR 10c management reads this crap?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I hate to sound cynical, but I sometimes wonder if people post stories like this in the hopes that someone from the 10C will read their thread and keep it in mind.

yeah... i feel the same way with you here...seems like there is so much of this going around on this board, which is why i prefer some of ther other pj boards...what with all the elistist mentality of a lot of the 10c members too...but do they actually think the band OR 10c management reads this crap?
    There is no question that some people from the 10C read these boards. Some of them post here ... :)
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    BeerBaron wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

There is no question that some people from the 10C read these boards. Some of them post here ... :)

i understand that...but i was agreeing with you on the one point where it seems that some people post these stories for "sympathy" plugs... but on the other hand it does piss me off when people post stuff as if they think the band members read it
    :roll:
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options

i understand that...but i was agreeing with you on the one point where it seems that some people post these stories for "sympathy" plugs... but on the other hand it does piss me off when people post stuff as if they think the band members read it
    :roll:
    I too would be surprised if the band actually reads these boards.
  • Options
    Bump
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Hi,

I am hoping to win Memphis tickets...I think the system is pretty fair...Gives pretty much every fan a fair chance to register for tickets...Just hope the ticket selection is random...Would be nice to know how they are going to select who wins?..

I don't think the ticket process will be the same for a pearl jam tour...But, I could see them putting a limit on how many shows you can get with fan club tickets...

Good Luck To Everyone Who Registered For Tickets!!

Jeremy