Options

How many people are going to Hawaii alone to see Ed?

Hard2IMAGINE2007VICHard2IMAGINE2007VIC Posts: 638
edited April 2009 in The Porch
So with the pre-sale ending tomorrow, I am debating buying tickets to spend a week in Hawaii to see some Ed shows. I am not sure which one to buy yet. I was wondering if there are other ten club members that are planing on making this Hawaii trip and would have an extra ten club seat to any of the three shows. I have never vacationed alone, but If I did I would have an extra ten club seat to trade in return if the show I pick gets selected in the lottery.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    In this economy? I think the only people going to see him at the Hawaiian shows either are rich, or already live there.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I think Boom will be there!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    I am planning exactly this... I am going to do a week in Hawaii before the shows. Actually the dates I am planning are June 26...fly to Hawaii --> Maui. Hang out for a few days... take some amazing hawaii pictures, excercise, hit the beach and ocean. Monday the 29th go see Eddie play. Wednesday midday fly to Honolulu and hang out there. Try to catch another Ed show either night 1 or 2 but probably just one. Then fly back to LAX on Friday July 3rd. I would love to work with you on sharing tickets and even talk about lodging options and some ways to have some fun in Hawaii. I would probably be traveling alone depending on how things go with my new lady friend. So... Im up to discuss solo travel fun with you. Hit me up.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:GSDuncan@gmail.com">GSDuncan@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    I am in!!!

PM and we can discuss after we see who got what in the presale.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    OK... so I need some clarification. If I choose that I want tickets to see Ed in Mauii today and then they accept my desire for the tickets do they then charge my card on Monday OR... Do they tell me I have the opportunity to buy tickets on Monday.

BECAUSE... I need to know since PJ might be headlining Outside Lands in San Francisco... which is where I LIVE> and if so I don't necessarily want to spend $2,000 more to go to Hawaii and all that.

Anybody know?
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    OK... so I need some clarification. If I choose that I want tickets to see Ed in Mauii today and then they accept my desire for the tickets do they then charge my card on Monday OR... Do they tell me I have the opportunity to buy tickets on Monday.

BECAUSE... I need to know since PJ might be headlining Outside Lands in San Francisco... which is where I LIVE> and if so I don't necessarily want to spend $2,000 more to go to Hawaii and all that.

Anybody know?

All I can tell you is that the show is incredible as far as the music goes, but it kinda sucks because Ed likes to talk, but not interact with the crowd...if you yell anything to him he starts calling the crowd 'lame' :lol: and starts rolling his eyes at you...so skip his solo tour and wait a year or so for the next PJ tour...save your cash and maybe you can be one of the lucky few to pay for the privelege of seeing them in Europe for $2500 a head NOT including airfare....
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Well after many hours of thinking...considering that I was lucky enough to see 3 Ed Solo show last April in California and I even got to meet Ed in Berkeley I think I might pass on the Ed in Hawaii adventure. Instead, I think I will save the money for the next Pearl Jam European tour and buy a Eurorail pass and do the tour while backpacking around Europe again. Thanks Tipjammer for the interest in traveling. My old hometown was San Jose, so if PJ headlines a show in SF, I will be there! See you around the bend
  • Options
    OK... well... I recently learned about creating possibilities and throwing your hat over the wall... and right now I am making the decision to throw my hat over the wall. Now I have no choice but to meet the challenges in front of me and climb the wall... I.E. Go to Hawaii... Get time off work, Go to shows on the PJ tour etc etc etc.

Here I go.
  • Options
    Its done. They have my CC and now its up to fate. Its just money and anytime I need money I just go out and make it. Maybe I'll have to make some more this time around but guess what... IM GOING TO HAWAII... Maybe!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

You only live once as far as I know... so Im gonna live UNREASONABLY.

G FORCE
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    I'm going to the HI shows, have just enough miles for a free flight. I purchased the 7/1 the first hour it was available. So if anyone has a 7/2 tix, and is looking to swap for a nite one PM me.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'd love to go to Hawaii to see Ed but it is too expensive!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    flying to hawaii to see an ed solo set is madness. pj is touring in the fall, why not save up and see them?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    May the force be with you, Mahalo :)
  • Options
    Who wants some irony?

FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Right after I place my order for my Maui tickets I get a call from the mechanic telling me it's gonna cost $1700 to fix my vette. UGGHHHHH. That was about what I was planning to spend on going to Hawaii!

GOD DAMNIT. American cars are POOOP. I love my vette but why is it so expensive to do any maintenance on it. I'm all for supporting the troops and all that jazz but I swear Im buying foreign next time around. They are just easier and more affordable to fix.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    flying to hawaii to see an ed solo set is madness. pj is touring in the fall, why not save up and see them?
    It seems to me that it's more than just flying out there to see Ed.
    If you're planning to make a real vacation out of it, I say why the hell not? Go for it. In fact, go anyway, and I would nearly guarantee you'll find tickets even if you're not selected in the lottery.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I love…the fact that the second Honolulu show is adjacent to an extended weekend for me. I won’t have to mysteriously come up with food poisoning Monday morning like I did in Berkeley.

I might have a ticket.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles