Lyric Opera House?

pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Does anyone have any info on the Lyric Opera House, I know that the capacity is around 2500, and that Eddie and Liam will be playing there June 14th and 15th, but that is all I know about the Baltimore venue. Curious if it is a cool venue, cool area? Thanks for the help.
"I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CF31525CF31525 Posts: 46
    I was there this past weekend. It was kind of disappointing. The website makes it look pretty amazing, but it's obviously very old and could use an upgrade. One positive is that they don't allow drinks in the theater itself, so you won't have to worry about any assholes getting up to get beer while you're trying to enjoy the show (which happened way too much at the Santa Cruz show last year.)
  • pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    Thanks for the info. I think I could see Eddie in a sewer and have a hard time wiping the smile off my face! I like the drinking rule as well. Thanks!

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,380
    It's a nice place to see a show. As the previous caller mentioned, it could use a few upgrades, but I don't think that there is a bad seat in the house.
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    I grew up in Baltimore, so I'm partial to the city, even though I haven't lived there in years. The Lyric is old, but it has had several renovations. It's in the Mount Vernon section of the city, which has a very European feel to it. Lots of nice restaurants, interesting architecture. Just be street smart at night, and you'll be fine. Baltimore has lots of nice areas to explore -- Fells Point, Canton, Federal Hill, the Inner Harbor (although the Inner Harbor is way too touristy for my taste).
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    I grew up in Baltimore, so I'm partial to the city, even though I haven't lived there in years. The Lyric is old, but it has had several renovations. It's in the Mount Vernon section of the city, which has a very European feel to it. Lots of nice restaurants, interesting architecture. Just be street smart at night, and you'll be fine. Baltimore has lots of nice areas to explore -- Fells Point, Canton, Federal Hill, the Inner Harbor (although the Inner Harbor is way too touristy for my taste).

awesome!
    IF i score 10c tix, we are going to the 06.15 show, and planning a nice 3 day trip. as much as i've travelled, i've never actually been to baltimore, just drove past it gawd knows how many times. ;) i am really looking forward to exploring the city a bit! that's the great thing about pearl jam/ed shows.....such a great *excuse* to check out a different city/state/country....and when really touring around, helps plan your itinerary! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    Thanks for all the info, I booked a flight so whether I get lucky through the ten club/Ticketmaster or not I will be in Baltimore June 14th. When there is a will there usually is a way. Cheers!

• Nice place. I saw the Once couple there with my wife last year. Getting out of the parking lot is a complete nightmare from what I remember though. If you can park somewhere other than the garage near the venue do so...
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    I'm going to give away my secret here, but instead of dealing with the parking nightmare, take a cab from your hotel to the Lyric. There are probably cabs around your hotel, but it's not like NYC -- you usually have to call for a cab to get one. Getting a cab after the show will be next to impossible, unless you're very aggressive. Instead, head to the Owl Bar in the Belvedere, which is a beautiful old building that used to be a hotel (I think it's all condos now). It's only about a five minute wlak from the Lyric, and the Owl Bar is beautiful. Then call for a cab from there. I'm not sure if it's open on Sunday nights, but you'll see me there on the 15th after the show (if I win the lottery or score ticketmaster tickets).
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.