Britney Spears stops concert b/c of Marijuana smoke

OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
LINK
Britney Spears stopped performing halfway through her concert at the GM Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, after smoky conditions and ventilation problems forced the singer and her dancers to leave the stage for more than 30 minutes, the Vancouver Sun writes in their concert review. After performing a few songs, Spears and her dancers vanished for no reason, leaving the impatient crowd to chant and do the wave in complete darkness. (Check out photos of Britney’s Circus show.)

After about 20 minutes, a voice came over the loudspeaker to tell concertgoers that smoking marijuana and cigarettes is illegal at GM Place. “It’s become uncomfortable and unsafe for the performers, including Ms. Spears. The show will resume as soon as the air around the stage is clear,” the announcement said. After performing the final encore, Spears walked offstage with the words, “Thanks Vancouver. You were wonderful. Drive safe. Don’t smoke weed! Rock out with your cocks out!” Yes, this really happened (watch the video above).

Sources tell Perez Hilton that throngs of people smoking marijuana in the crowd were the cause of the delay: “We were concerned for the lighting guys and everyone else working on the show. If one of those guys up above got dizzy or sick from all that marijuana smoke… It wouldn’t have been pretty.” Spears’ camp issued a statement after the concert, saying, “We want to apologize to all the fans who attended our Vancouver show tonight for the brief pause in Britney’s set. Crew members above the stage became ill due to a ventilation issue.” Let us remind you this was a Britney Spears concert, not a Phish show — did you guys really need a doobie to get through “Toxic”?

:lol:

i don't know about you, but i'd need as much Maui Wowie as i could get to sit through a whole song
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    She would have been fine if everyone was smoking crack though
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    She would have been fine if everyone was smoking crack though
    That's not too fair, don't think she's been known to be a crackhead. She was in Canada, but still doesn't seem like she would attract that kind of crowd. Guys in the rigging though had to have that experience before.
    #FHP
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    Maybe the smell was tempting her and therefore, distracting? :twisted:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    hahah brilliant
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    my guess would be that she has to do mandatory drug testing and she was afraid of anything getting into her system
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    my guess would be that she has to do mandatory drug testing and she was afraid of anything getting into her system

Yep, I thought that too. She fails her drug test (contact high) and she'll never see her white trash kids.

I guess the most startling thing about the whole article was that...people were chanting for her to come back?!?!?!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Maybe the contact high was throwing off her lip syncing.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Hahahaha, that's funny shit! :lol:
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Good god! It's BC - that's what people do at concerts - or anywhere else for that matter! It's our number one illegal export...do your homework Ms. Spears...
    be philanthropic
  • I was at the Lamb of God show and the singer mentioned that security there were talking about it and he assured us LOG would never do such a thing. Maybe more people should listen to Lamb of God.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101
    To each there own I say. I believe it should be legalized but I don't care for it in my space. It's rude bullshit in the public domain just like someone smoking cigs in your space. I am a smoker and even I have some respect for others.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    That's hilarious. I didn't know Britney attracted that type of crowd. I thought she got more of the teeny-bopper 12-13 year old girls. But hey, maybe these kids in Canada are into some crazy shit at an early age..
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Maybe the contact high was throwing off her lip syncing.

:lol:
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    sweet, now all you have to do is smoke pot and she will stop her concert. Hopefully this leads to the rest of her tour being canceled due to pot smoke. After no more shows, then there will be no more "albums", then finally she will be done for the 5th time.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I would've needed much more than a lousy doobie to get through that show.

Dizziness? How bout don't be a puss.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I didn't think she attracted a lot of potheads. I guess you learn something new every day...
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JohnBriggs wrote:
    To each there own I say. I believe it should be legalized but I don't care for it in my space. It's rude bullshit in the public domain just like someone smoking cigs in your space. I am a smoker and even I have some respect for others.
    Thank you....dope smokers just don't realize that not everyone appreciates their dope and its smoke.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    vancouver is weed friendly
    they have coffee shops
    its part of the culture up there

and I always expect to smell it at shows

I just hate when its bunk weed that I smell
    :mrgreen:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Get_Right wrote:
    they have coffee shops

Hahaha!

Yeah, if you're at a rock concert (or I guess a Britney Spears concert....lol!) you should expect to smell pot. I know people don't like being around that but that's like me saying for example..."Well, I don't like being around drunks" and still go to football/baseball games.
    Certain places, you should just expect certain things. If you don't like them, then don't go.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mca47 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    they have coffee shops

Hahaha!

Yeah, if you're at a rock concert (or I guess a Britney Spears concert....lol!) you should expect to smell pot. I know people don't like being around that but that's like me saying for example..."Well, I don't like being around drunks" and still go to football/baseball games.
    Certain places, you should just expect certain things. If you don't like them, then don't go.

Well said.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i had a customer come in yesterday that went to the show. she said she had floor seats right in front of the sound booth, and apparently they were freaking out about something.
    the girl figured that it was really a technical problem and britney was covering it up by saying the smoke was bothering her.

who knows.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Maybe this is her way of turning a new page in her life. However to stop a show over the smell of weed in Canada seems a bit odd to me but then again we are talking about lip syncing B Spears here.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• haffajappa wrote:
    i had a customer come in yesterday that went to the show. she said she had floor seats right in front of the sound booth, and apparently they were freaking out about something.
    the girl figured that it was really a technical problem and britney was covering it up by saying the smoke was bothering her.

who knows.

Yea, while I was reading that article, it definitely seemed like it was an excuse for something. At first the smoke was bothering Britney and the dancers, then they said it was all about the lighting guys. Pick one excuse and stick to it.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    at least she is hot again.
    www.myspace.com
  • Another fine Britney moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PMftvsuMjY

Must have have still been high from the Vancouver show. :shock:
    NERDS!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    sweet, now all you have to do is smoke pot and she will stop her concert. Hopefully this leads to the rest of her tour being canceled due to pot smoke. After no more shows, then there will be no more "albums", then finally she will be done for the 5th time.

Love the idea, that would be called ''weeding her out'' :D
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I love her advice to the kids... Don't smoke weed. But feel free to rock out and expose your genitals.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    She is a disgrace and those that buy her ''music''.
    She turned all the girls at my high school into teeny bopper sluts/hoes back in year 9 1999!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I love her advice to the kids... Don't smoke weed. But feel free to rock out and expose your genitals.
    I noticed that too... when I saw the title I thought 'good for her with plenty of kids at the concert' but when I read that I thought 'yep, I can see SHE'S changed' :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Was this pre or post hair shaving.