Question About My Turntable If Anyone Knows?

PearlJamsterPearlJamster Posts: 102
edited April 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok I bought a turntable so I can play my pearl jam club singles and now for the new ten box set lp's. anyways when ever I play a record for some reason if i walk around the room you can hear the rumble of my footsteps through the speakers, also if I crank the player loud the speakers kinda have a howl and a rumble flutter kinda of thing going on, for the most part it sounds really good until I crank it and walk around the room, its like I have to try and walk softer so my footsteps won't pick up. Any suggestions as to why or how to fix this problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Maybe try layin a towel under it.
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    And if this isn't enough, there are inflatable cushions for these cases. I stumbled across one of those in a store once. Not shure how much they are though.
  • Ok I bought a turntable so I can play my pearl jam club singles and now for the new ten box set lp's. anyways when ever I play a record for some reason if i walk around the room you can hear the rumble of my footsteps through the speakers, also if I crank the player loud the speakers kinda have a howl and a rumble flutter kinda of thing going on, for the most part it sounds really good until I crank it and walk around the room, its like I have to try and walk softer so my footsteps won't pick up. Any suggestions as to why or how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your info, I took my turntable away from my stereo, moved it across the living room and put it into a shelf on my bookcase, I ran RCA extenders to reach my stereo at the other end of the room, seems to make a much better improvement, I am wondering if it was just to close to my speakers to begin with and maybe the magnets were causing a bit of interferance or something. Anyways its a bigger improvement, but thanks for your help.
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    Somehow I didn't even think of suggesting moving the turntable... :) I think i need more sleep!
  • Somehow I didn't even think of suggesting moving the turntable... :) I think i need more sleep!

LOL
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    My turntable has a cover and when u close it hard you can hear the rumble through the speakers.
    Apart from that, no problems.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014