Options

Does EV going on tour = PJ out of studio??

RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Curious whether this EV tour means the band is done or almost done in the studio. I know there could be months of mixing, master, etc that goes on, but kind of hope they are not taking a hiatus until EV tour is over to complete album. In some ways I am looking forward to new album more than a tour so I am hoping this EV tour doesnt push album release into 2010 . What do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    RITFWinCO wrote:
    Curious whether this EV tour means the band is done or almost done in the studio. I know there could be months of mixing, master, etc that goes on, but kind of hope they are not taking a hiatus until EV tour is over to complete album. In some ways I am looking forward to new album more than a tour so I am hoping this EV tour doesnt push album release into 2010 . What do you think?
    I'm not too sure about how the mixing and mastering process goes on - does the band walk away and let Brendan work his magic? Or maybe Eddie trusts the other guys enough that he's letting them use their judgment in regards to the sound they end up with.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    i would think ed would want to be around for the mixing process... as far as mastering, it is usually done by an entirely different individual in a totally different studio... i'd be surprised if BO'B was even in on the mastering process.... it is usually best approached by a new set of ears... literally
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    well, his tour doesn't start for another couple of months, so there's still time to wrap the album before then.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I would think Ed will be finished tracking vocals, unless PJ is gonna be a bit longer in the studio than expected.