The Official "I Don't Care About Ed Solo Shows" thread

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Poncier wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:
    i am a target, you should listen to W.A.S.P.; that's a band of substance.
    I once saw W.A.S.P. open for Kiss, back when the late great Eric Carr was drumming for Kiss.

Asylum tour, right?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    fanch75 wrote:
    TipJammer wrote:
    Your negative non negative thread is retarded.

Please turn in your membership card and leave the forum.

You are officially a ___________ (Choose your own negative/non negative adjective)

Thanks for your ungrateful, its all about me post. It was so enlightening.

I'll keep my membership card, thanks, and you're quite welcome. However, I take offense to your derogatory use of the word "retarded."

Kiss sucks.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    TipJammer wrote:
    Kiss sucks.

Come on man...that's the best comeback you've got?

Ace Frehley alone has influenced an entire generation of musicians.

Disagree with Fanch all you want, but you can't deny the impact they've had for over 35 years.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,382
    fanch75 wrote:
    Boggles the mind, doesn't it?
    hehehehehehehe....................

i think i made it through 4 posts....

and this one just made me laugh my ass off................

hehehehehehe.................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    i feel like a bad Pearl Jam fan, because i don't care a bit about seeing Ed solo.

glad to know i'm not the only one.
    Nice shirt.
  • KISS is touring this summer, did you get your vote in for your city?

ahh KISS. exploiting fans since 1974.

perhaps you're reading this on your KISS computer while sitting in your KISS chair and using your KISS mouse while wearing your KISS underwear and KISS pajamas and drinking coffee from your KISS mug that you place on your KISS coaster and you have to be careful not to spill it on your KISS rug, but if you do you'll use your KISS carpet cleaner.

Don't forget about the Kiss coffin :lol:
  • fanch75 wrote:

No, your gay avatar does...That Kiss record SUCKED!!!!!!!!

"I'm back...
    back in the New York groove...." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • breath123 wrote:
    honestly, it's a great show....once.

seen it, been there, done that.

have a great time ed. get it all out of your system.

see you in the fall

+1 BIG TIME
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • fanch75 wrote:
    Yup, more Ed sitting on a stool singing boring Into the Wild, riot act, protest, shitty accoustic songs. I'd be looking at my watch 30 minutes in - and I'm not kidding. Eighty dollars a ticket for that? Negro, please. Pass.

Hopefully, Ed still finds time this summer to make sure that Pearl Jam "9" doesn't sound like riot act. Having BO'B producing makes me pretty hopeful, after all.

This is not a thread to bitch or be negative. It's the absence of negativity - simply not caring. In fact, maybe I should just delete this thread since I don't care.

JET rule. And obsessing over Jamily Posters is silly. I mean, "thilly."
    Who are you and why are you here?? If you are telling me that a Ed solo show isn't worth seeing at least once then you are out of your mind. Chicago night 1 you will never know. I respect your opinion but come on man, you are in the wrong place.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • No Ed, just Pearl Jam please.
    NERDS!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    fanch75 wrote:
    Yup, more Ed sitting on a stool singing boring Into the Wild, riot act, protest, shitty accoustic songs. I'd be looking at my watch 30 minutes in - and I'm not kidding. Eighty dollars a ticket for that? Negro, please. Pass.

Well I'm not interested in Ed's solo shows either but I'm sure there's merit to them. I've always liked my Eddie Vedder to be yelling and screaming as opposed to softly singing...so that's why the shows aren't for me. But I doubt they're "boring" or "shitty"

fanch75 wrote:

And obsessing over Jamily Posters is silly. I mean, "thilly."

Well I don't know what "thilly" is supposed to mean but I also think that Pearl Jam poster collecting is lame
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,583
    fanch75 wrote:
    Man that'd be really rad if I had all that stuff!

I have a KISS phone that plays "Rock N Roll All Nite" when it rings. :lol:

PBM

I wanna rock'n roll all night and a part of of every day :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Y'know, hes never gonna play a show in Seattle, so I give up.
    I don't care, its not worth getting so worked up on theres no point in hoping for it anymore cuz I know it aint gonna happen.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    3 different tours promoting the same album, it's gotta be a record.
    Ever been to an AC/DC show?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    3 different tours promoting the same album, it's gotta be a record.

Not really sure you can call this a tour to promote the album. All that is done.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    fanch75 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:
    i am a target, you should listen to W.A.S.P.; that's a band of substance.
    I once saw W.A.S.P. open for Kiss, back when the late great Eric Carr was drumming for Kiss.

Asylum tour, right?
    Yeah, fall of 85 if I recall. Funniest thing was seeing 10-12 yr olds who bought W.A.S.P. shirts that said "I F*** like a Beast" on them. Figured they should concentrate on growing pubes first.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    fanch75 wrote:

No, your gay avatar does...That Kiss record SUCKED!!!!!!!!

"I'm back...
    back in the New York groove...." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Not actually a Kiss record. Ace solo record.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101
    i feel like a bad Pearl Jam fan, because i don't care a bit about seeing Ed solo.

glad to know i'm not the only one.

Ditto
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,455
    My philosophy was to order the tickets. If I get them, great, I'll enjoy an "intimate" show with Eddie and a couple thousand fans. If not, I saved $168.00. With the way the economy is, I probably shouldn't be paying for these tickets right now... :lol:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    fanch75 wrote:

Hopefully, Ed still finds time this summer to make sure that Pearl Jam "9" doesn't sound like riot act. Having BO'B producing makes me pretty hopeful, after all.

This is not a thread to bitch or be negative. It's the absence of negativity - simply not caring. In fact, maybe I should just delete this thread since I don't care.

Who are you and why are you here?? If you are telling me that a Ed solo show isn't worth seeing at least once then you are out of your mind. Chicago night 1 you will never know. I respect your opinion but come on man, you are in the wrong place.

Because I like Pearl Jam. Why are you here?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    breath123 wrote:
    honestly, it's a great show....once.

seen it, been there, done that.

have a great time ed. get it all out of your system.

see you in the fall

Ditto to that. Once was enough. I'm ready for some PJ in the fall!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,382
    fanch75 wrote:

yeah...

who are you???
    and why are you here??????

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...............................

lighten the fuck up people.............

WE ARE JA-MI-LY!!!!!!
    I wanna see Ed dance like Paul Stan-ley!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I voted for KISS to play Seatle. I live in PA and want them as far away from me as possible.
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I officially don't give a fuck..unless of course he played here in new york city again, then I would have to go ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    Champ, you have the best avatar ever!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    The Champ wrote:
    I officially don't give a fuck..unless of course he played here in new york city again, then I would have to go ;) ..

ha!
    didn't you see him up in boston last time around?
    :P

i really enjoyed ed solo in NYC last year, but i also went solo. this time around hubby gets to join me, and we also just happen to be on vacation...so good *excuse* for a little 3-day trip down to baltimore. we are only going IF i score 10c tix, otherwise....not meant to be. i too agree ed solo is well worth seeing ONCE.....but for the reasons listed, twice would be nice too. :mrgreen:

personally, i just think it's cool he's hitting new places, so more get to have the ed experience.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    It's not that I don't care, I just don't have that kind of extra money floating around to see him solo.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Champ, you have the best avatar ever!

Don't make me eat your face ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    fanch75 wrote:

He's Fanch , Fanch75 . He's here because he's shelled out for a membership and this (the pit) is one of the "perks" of being a member. Any more questions?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    The Champ wrote:

ha!
    didn't you see him up in boston last time around?
    :P

i really enjoyed ed solo in NYC last year, but i also went solo. this time around hubby gets to join me, and we also just happen to be on vacation...so good *excuse* for a little 3-day trip down to baltimore. we are only going IF i score 10c tix, otherwise....not meant to be. i too agree ed solo is well worth seeing ONCE.....but for the reasons listed, twice would be nice too. :mrgreen:

personally, i just think it's cool he's hitting new places, so more get to have the ed experience.

Yes, and actually enjoyed the Boston show a little more. But as you stated, it is worth seeing once or twice and now I don't have interest in traveling to see this show..but hell if he played a subway ride away, of course I'd get drunk and make it an evening ;) ..

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the show(s)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'