Options

Biggest thank you to Ed's ticket guys!!!!!!!!!!

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Okay.. from the bottom of my heart, thank you to whom ever handles the pulling of people to the front row.

My husband and I arrived at the Chicago show tonight (Chicago 2) and we sat down a little after 6:30pm in our nosebleed obstructed view seats, and we're chatting and getting pumped for the show, and this guy comes up, and is like, "Hey, I work for ed, do you want to have up graded seats, today is your lucky day" and we're like.. WTF.. is this guy for real.. so anyways he says to be quiet and give our tickets, and he gives us new tickets for row freaking AAA seats 101 and 102.. and I'm dying.. so we rush down there, and we're like ON the stage.. like we can rest our whole arms on it.. I was like.. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!

And so there I was with Eddie like 3 feet away all night, and during ARC he shook my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made my day, my week, my month, my year!! I wanted you to know that your pulling went to a huge fan, and a 10c member (who was shut out) and I am so freaking grateful.

Thank you x 1,000,000....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    That is soo cool!!!

Good for you!!! It was a great show...glad I made the trip.
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    Awesome!
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Options
    @!##iuy@iou

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    I wonder if its all women who get the tix? Thats another great reason to have a vagina. If thats the case.

edit: thats awesome for you, hope you enjoyed the night
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I wonder if its all women who get the tix? Thats another great reason to have a vagina. If thats the case.

No, there were plenty of guys in the front row (the whole row was pulled)...

Plus my husband is male.. Its not like I was wearing a bikini top made out of whipped cream to get up there.. he just came up to us when no one was around yet.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I was in Montreal chatting with someone I knew from the June tour and he said his friends got upgraded.They were sitting way in the back and then was upgraded to the front row.

I asked him if it happens a lot and he said it does whenever, no one picks up their tickets- it becomes a give away. Not sure if this was the same case or not.
    but that's the great thing about 10C...and congrats Gray+hubby.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109

Plus my husband is male.. Its not like I was wearing a bikini top made out of whipped cream to get up there.. he just came up to us when no one was around yet.

HA! I was sitting right behind you guys! I could tell you guys were so excited! Big Congrats!!
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    You must be on cloud 9! That is great, congrats!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    I love reading these stories- glad to hear that you had a great time
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    How lucky for you! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    did Ed mention your signature?... maybe not the right time and place but i bet he wanted to... it's in his eyes
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

so the whole front row was "upgraded"?
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    that's prettyfrickinawesome!!

good job :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    sweet congrats:)
  • Options

:p :eek: i would hope your husband is male...
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    so the whole front row was "upgraded"?

even if it was.. so what?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    CossaCossa Posts: 8
    Okay.. from the bottom of my heart, thank you to whom ever handles the pulling of people to the front row.

My husband and I arrived at the Chicago show tonight (Chicago 2) and we sat down a little after 6:30pm in our nosebleed obstructed view seats, and we're chatting and getting pumped for the show, and this guy comes up, and is like, "Hey, I work for ed, do you want to have up graded seats, today is your lucky day" and we're like.. WTF.. is this guy for real.. so anyways he says to be quiet and give our tickets, and he gives us new tickets for row freaking AAA seats 101 and 102.. and I'm dying.. so we rush down there, and we're like ON the stage.. like we can rest our whole arms on it.. I was like.. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!

And so there I was with Eddie like 3 feet away all night, and during ARC he shook my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made my day, my week, my month, my year!! I wanted you to know that your pulling went to a huge fan, and a 10c member (who was shut out) and I am so freaking grateful.

The very exact thing - verbatim happened to me Thu night. Moving up to AAA 401. Talking with the folks around me, everyone had been upgraded. Awesome! Thanks Ed for the once in a lifetime experience!
    10C# 181xxx
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140

The same thing happened to me in Milwaukee...story here:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5781068#post5781068

...and if anyone else has ideas how to (I hate how corny this sounds) pay it forward, let me know.

Keep the good karma going for someone else!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

The entire front row was "upgraded" in Milwaukee.

Sounds like Ed does this at every show.
  • Options
    madsea wrote:
    The entire front row was "upgraded" in Milwaukee.

Sounds like Ed does this at every show.

sounds like a good idea... get rid of the same old faces each gig! :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    sounds like a good idea... get rid of the same old faces each gig! :)

My face looked a LOT like that emoticon for the entire show.

My wife said I looked like our 3 year old Christmas day.
  • Options

edit: thats awesome for you, hope you enjoyed the night

No i got upgraded at boston 2 and i made a similar post (although lengthier)
    5/24/06 - Boston
    5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08 - Mansfield
    6/30/08 - Mansfield
    8/2/08 - Eddie in Boston (FRONT ROW!)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

did you see the Question Mark, it looks like this ? I was asking a fucking question.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    tmud91087 wrote:
    No i got upgraded at boston 2 and i made a similar post (although lengthier)

thanks for answering. I was just wondering, cuz if i were ed i would just upgrade women.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options

What a great story....sooooo happy for you and thanks for sharing!!!! :)
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I had Pit Row CCC just from the random drawing and cant thank the 10C enough for those... I noticed that Row AAA had 2 couples (seats 501-504), both of which the women were pregnant! It was really cool of the ticket guys to upgrade the pregnant couples to the front row! Normally I'd be jealous, but I was only 3 feet back from them, so who am I to be jealous :-P