loop station question

IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
edited April 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
I would like to buy a looper like the Boss RC-2 or equivalent. The problem is that my small amp (Vox AD15VT) doesn't have an effect loop and I'm using a footswitch to go from a clean channel to overdrive or distorsion.
If I put the looper before the amp, I can't record a clean rythm and then use the amp footswitch to select a overdrive channel for a solo part. I know that one solution is to put an overdrive / distorsion pedal before the looper but I still won't be able to switch between amp channel. So I'm wondering if I can use a pedal like the Boss LS-2 with the looper and still select different channels on my amp.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    How much can you get the dirty channel to clean up by backing off the volume? If you can get a cleaner sound by doin that, you should be able to record your rhythm loop like that.
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    DewieCox wrote:
    How much can you get the dirty channel to clean up by backing off the volume? If you can get a cleaner sound by doin that, you should be able to record your rhythm loop like that.

Good point. I can even switch between humbucker and single coil and play with the volume knob.
    The loop station will be mine soon :D