Options

Seriously

Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
edited April 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
So I just finished off my 6-pack of beer. Blue Moon for anyone wondering.

And you know what? While yes I am feeling a bit of a buzz, I don't think I'm 'drunk'

Maybe it is because my tolerance is to high, or maybe it is because I'm used to feeling fucked up, so it doesn't hit me as much.

But yeah, it annoys me a little bit. And I had like nothing to eat today too.

Anyway, so yeah, it is a Wednesday night, but who else has been drinking tonight?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Thorns2010 wrote:

And you know what? While yes I am feeling a bit of a buzz, I don't think I'm 'drunk'

Maybe it is because my tolerance is to high, or maybe it is because I'm used to feeling fucked up, so it doesn't hit me as much.

Anyway, so yeah, it is a Wednesday night, but who else has been drinking tonight?

I had 8 beers last night.....and didn't feel drunk either. My tolerance is definitely too high to beer.

Sucks doesn't it! I'm drinking red wine tonight...see if that works better! ha ha ha :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Thorns2010 wrote:

I got to a point a few years back where I was so fucked up all the time, that I could come home, drink 2 bottles of wine and a 6-pack, and not feel like I was buzzed. I also used to smoke about 6 bowls of kin every 2 hours and not feel stoned at all becos I was stoned all the time, so being not stoned was more of a buzz.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I hate that myself

Its weird with beer...sometimes I can drink all day and sometimes I have like 3 beers and they go right to my head

Beer is such a slut also ;):o :shock:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    See, I can have 2 bottles of wine and i'm pleasantly pissed... I only have to sip a beer and i'm anybodys... I'm such a lightweight with beer and cider :lol:

Spirits are a whole different ball game though... 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Be careful. Sometimes we can deceive ourselves. I can drink a sixer and feel fine, but last week, I went out to watch the hockey game, had three tall (23 oz) Coors Lights over the course of like two and a half hours. Felt fine, started to drive home, got pulled over (supposedly for speeding), blew a .09 on the breathalizer (in Michigan the leagal limit is .08), got taken to jail, and now I have to get a lawyer to try to take care of this.
    Moral of the story- even if you think you aren't buzzed at all, you probably are, so make sure you have at least two six packs if you are going to stay in to drink. Don't finish the first one and drive to get another. Drunk driving seems to be something they don't show a lot of leniency for.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I have absolutely no tolerance......i'm pretty sure anyone could outdrink me. I think my max ever was 4 beers? Strohs.....haha.

I suck.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Be careful. Sometimes we can deceive ourselves. I can drink a sixer and feel fine, but last week, I went out to watch the hockey game, had three tall (23 oz) Coors Lights over the course of like two and a half hours. Felt fine, started to drive home, got pulled over (supposedly for speeding), blew a .09 on the breathalizer (in Michigan the leagal limit is .08), got taken to jail, and now I have to get a lawyer to try to take care of this.
    Moral of the story- even if you think you aren't buzzed at all, you probably are, so make sure you have at least two six packs if you are going to stay in to drink. Don't finish the first one and drive to get another. Drunk driving seems to be something they don't show a lot of leniency for.

It really isn't... as they have told me three times over.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    If you're lookign to get a "buzz" or "fucked up", my question is: Why the hell are you wasting your time on beer man?

Go get a bottle of booze dude, it'll be much more worth the money. Blue Moon isn't exactly the same price as Keystone...

I totally understand if you like drinking beer though, cause I do too..I love the flavor, but for a flat out drunk, I would just shoot some whiskey. Makers Mark go for it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I really wanna get drunk after reading this thread....
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    I thought this thread was going to be about making fun of people that say "Seriously".

Seriously.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm drinking red wine tonight...see if that works better! ha ha ha :lol:

Yep....a bottle of red after 5 beers did the trick! Felt a good buzz...not drunk though. Some weed at the very end would have been the perfect ender though!
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yep....a bottle of red after 5 beers did the trick! Felt a good buzz...not drunk though. Some weed at the very end would have been the perfect ender though!

Seriously man...like, why didn't you just get lit? ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    If you're lookign to get a "buzz" or "fucked up", my question is: Why the hell are you wasting your time on beer man?

Go get a bottle of booze dude, it'll be much more worth the money. Blue Moon isn't exactly the same price as Keystone...

I totally understand if you like drinking beer though, cause I do too..I love the flavor, but for a flat out drunk, I would just shoot some whiskey. Makers Mark go for it.

Because if I buy a bottle of booze I almost always end up drinking half the bottle and getting WAY to fucked up. I just wanted a little buzz, but felt like I didn't get there, hence this thread.
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Because if I buy a bottle of booze I almost always end up drinking half the bottle and getting WAY to fucked up. I just wanted a little buzz, but felt like I didn't get there, hence this thread.

Buy one of those pint bottles or something, or just control yourself and not drink half the bottle ;) . ANyways, Blue Moon is tasty, I hope it was a good night regardless.

Cheers :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    SomniumSomnium Posts: 85
    milarso wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Moral of the story - get a driver.
    fuck the public
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Buy one of those pint bottles or something, or just control yourself and not drink half the bottle ;) . ANyways, Blue Moon is tasty, I hope it was a good night regardless.

Pift, who wants to control themselves when we are talking about booze? ;)

And yes, I did enjoy my Blue Moon, was very good. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Pift, who wants to control themselves when we are talking about booze? ;)

And yes, I did enjoy my Blue Moon, was very good. :mrgreen:

There is a beer out here brewed by one of the micro's. The brewery's name is Uintah, but the beer that I specifically like from them so far is Golden Spike. It's a hefeweizen, and it's scrumptious. A silce of lemon, and I'm in heaven. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

For some reason, if I smoked pot and then drank, it was just like normal getting drunk. But if I got buzzed on alcohol and THEN smoked... it was a whole other universe!
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

For some reason, if I smoked pot and then drank, it was just like normal getting drunk. But if I got buzzed on alcohol and THEN smoked... it was a whole other universe!

Ahhh yes. I dont know how that works but weed has the power of intensifying anything and even kick things back in on the come down. It's a nice way of getting the most bang for your buck.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I love beer, but if one day they finally invented fine ales with all the taste and none of the alcohol, I'd be happier. I could get all that good beer without the risk of being drunk.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeahhhhh....exactly! :D I love having a smoke after I've been drinking.....shame I can't get on! :evil: