Options

Merry Christmas!!!!

wouldyouhitmewouldyouhitme Posts: 166
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Im getting tired of never hearing Merry Christmas- Now everything is "Happy Holidays"= Politically correct vague bullshit.

If I celebrate christmas and you dont- its not offensive to be wished a Merry Christmas.

So... Whether your red, blue, green, Jewish, Greek, Israeli, Athiest, Christian..... Merry Merry Merry Christmas to you!!!

Pearl Jam Rules and God Bless the USA for giving me the forums to say whatever makes me happy!

that aside- I cant wait for my ames book, hoodie, holiday single and my dc poster back form the frame shop- what a MERRY CHRISTMAS IT WILL BE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Im getting tired of never hearing Merry Christmas- Now everything is "Happy Holidays"= Politically correct vague bullshit.

If I celebrate christmas and you dont- its not offensive to be wished a Merry Christmas.

So... Whether your red, blue, green, Jewish, Greek, Israeli, Athiest, Christian..... Merry Merry Merry Christmas to you!!!

Pearl Jam Rules and God Bless the USA for giving me the forums to say whatever makes me happy!

that aside- I cant wait for my ames book, hoodie, holiday single and my dc poster back form the frame shop- what a MERRY CHRISTMAS IT WILL BE!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Merry Christmas.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    I was thinking that this is the main reason Christmas doesnt feel like Christmas any more. It certainly doesnt feel like Xmas to me this year. You gotta at least pretend to have sonme holiday cheer. And I dont care if someone says Happy Kwanza or Happy Festivus to me it doesnt offend me so Merry Christmas shouldnt offend you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, the original holiday greeting.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    thank you and i wish you a merry christmas each day of the year.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Ahmen to that dude!

HAPPY FESTIVUS FOR THE RESTUFUS!
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    its not offensive to be wished a Merry Christmas.

exactly.

Merry Christmas.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    U-s-a!!!

U-s-a!!!

U-s-a!!!

U-s-a!!!

U-s-a!!!

You're Going Down Drago!!!
  • Options
    Just a fun fact.. Jesus was a Jew
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270

I agree completely with you. I noticed myself starting to say Happy Holidays out of habit now. And its sad but true, that I work with many that do take offense to it. But then again, I work for the local government so that should explain it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    cant agree more!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

~Peace~
    If peace is real why can't the world be it?

Red Rover Mike McCready take over.........

9-15-98, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04, 9-15-05, 5-13-06, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-27-06, 6-27-08, 6-28-08, 6-30-08, 10-30-09, 10-31-09, 5-15-10, 5-17-10
  • Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Happy New Year!!!!
    *<ll:{>
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Merry Christmas!!!!!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    I love the movie "PCU"
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    Happy Winter Solstice!
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Options
    Happy Holidays!

or how about Happy Pagan Holiday?!
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Happy Holidays!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    merry fucking christmas!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Happy New Year!!!!
    *<ll:{>
    NICE SANTA!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    those jews are always ruining everything! christmas... hollywood... fore skin... post-WWI germany... the bubonic plague... the new testament

WTF?!?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222

I'm an Atheist, and just to prove how much of an athiest i am just go to "how to trick a Christian" thread :D ahaha ok, back to the point

i will find it offensive to hear "Happy holidays" i've never even heard people say this.....well not to me anyway. I think this political correctness is disgusting. It's an event celebrated by Christians and so they should god damn be able to call it Christmas!!!

so Merry Christmas to you dear! :)
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or
    sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  • Options
    I'm an atheist and I have a fucking fabulous christmas tree and I bet I can beat anyone with the amount of christmas music I have in my house. We don't celebrate Jesus' birth.
    Side note: Did you know religous scholars believe Jesus was actually born in Spring. Also, this was originally the pagan winter solstice, Christians took it over to draw more people into the church. So, if anyone should be feeling irritated by this, it should be the pagans.

It's not offensive to be wished a Merry Christmas, but perhaps the person responding back isn't Christian and would rather say 'Happy Holidays'.

What's wrong with saying Happy Holidays anyway, it's all incompassing? I have Christian,Jewish, Atheists, Agnostic and Pagan friends and Happy Holidays is for everyone.

Merry Christmas!
    and
    Happy Holidays!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas!!!!! :)
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Well i tried to get a little kiss from a pretty little miss
    she slapped me down and said "you jerk, mistletoe doesn't work...

Don't believe in Christmas... Cause I didn't get nothin' last year.

;)
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    Happy Holidays to you too!
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    take it to the factor's no spin zone buddy.

Happy Holidays
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options

Merry Christmas to you bro and everyone else here in the pit who celebrates CHRISTMAS. :D
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Fuck all this. It's not a Democrat nor Republican thing. To make it so is just ridiculous.

It's not even a thing. Who cares?

When people say Happy Holidays (which the phrase has been around for forever and a day along with Season's Greetings - these aren't new, people) they are just being lazy and trying to encompass all end of the year holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years) into one greeting.

And who gives a shit what retailers do or what greeting they display.

I am as liberal and left leaning as they come and I proudly say Merry Christmas, so to pretend like it is only the GOP who says Merry Christmas - you've got another thing coming.

When I say it - and more importantly when I celebrate Christmas, to me, it has no religious connotations at all. It is about getting together with friends and family, sharing a meal and exchanging gifts. Hell, like was already pointed out (vaguely), the Christian tradition of Christmas is 100% borrowed from Pagan traditions.

Saying Christmas will not give anyone anymore Christ in their lives then they already have. It is stupid to think it will. Saying Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings does not take Christ away from anyone who has beliefs.

I agree, no one should ever be offended if you wish them a Merry Christmas and they do not celebrate it. But, just as stupid are people getting offended because someone wished them a Happy Holidays.

Relax and have a very Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    Drew263 wrote:
    To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or
    sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

HERE! HERE! i love some good satire
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,350
    Merry Christmas and Happy 2016 to all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjWi7bIe_Y
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024