Options

Revised Ed tour pre-sale announcement

PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 679
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Since EV and PJ tickets keep getting harder and harder to get this is probably what we have to look forward to next time around.

Ed Vedder is heading out on another solo run which will kick off on June 8 in Albany, NY and end on July 2nd in Honolulu, HI. The New Zealand singer-songwriter - Liam Finn - will open these shows.

The Ten Club will be offering tickets, but due to the limited quantity the way we distribute the tickets has changed. We will randomly choose ticket winners from anyone who is an active ten club member as of 5 minutes before the drawing on April 10th. Winners will receive two tickets to a show that we have have selected for you from the available tour dates. You cannot select a specific show we will make that decision for you. See below for further details:

The combination of small venues, limited ticket quantities, and lots of fans always makes for a challenge in terms of ticket-buying opportunities, but we've listened to everyone's input and modified our system to better address everyone's needs. Here's how the ticket distribution will work for Ed's tour this time around:

- You don't have to be an active member right now , you can join today for all we care.

- There is no pre-sale. On April 10th if you have been selected we will send you an email telling you
which show on the tour you're allowed attend. If you can't make that concert that we have selected for you that's too bad we are charging your credit card anyway.

- This wonderful opportunity is available to active US and Canadian members only. (We apologize to our overseas members.)

- Each member is eligible to be selected for only ONE PAIR (2 tickets) to ONE confirmed show on the tour.

- Ten Club tickets for the EV solo tour will NOT be seniority based because we can do whatever the hell we want, we're the ten club dammit!

- Tickets are being held in unspecified locations throughout the venues.

- Tickets will NOT be mailed out in advance. All tickets will be distributed at will call on the evening of the performance. Valid photo ID is required for pickup.

- Only the Ten Club member who was selected for the tickets will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.

IMPORTANT:

If you are unsuccessful in obtaining tickets through the Ten Club , we will send an informative email with public on-sale information so you can try your luck with our good friends at ticketbastard.

Tickets are non-refundable.

If you are selected to purchase tickets, you have no choice you are responsible for payment.

No exchanges or transfers will be allowed, if you can't make the show we selected for you too damn bad.

Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits, not that there are benefits anymore to being a member.

All dates are subject to change.

If you require ADA seating, please call 800-724-8038.

QUESTIONS:

Questions can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> or 800-724-8038

Ed Vedder Solo Tour Dates:
* Indicates unconfirmed, possible "rollover" dates.
** No kama'aina discount

Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr

PS: If you don't get tickets no big deal, they will be selling for half of face value outside the venue the day of the show.
4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Wow... even more bitter than I could ever be! :o
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    GET OVER IT!!!! :roll:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    :lol:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400

whoa!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    How ridiculous are you????? That was totally immature and totally uncalled for.

Be like the rest of us and just enjoy news and the fact that there are shows and press on.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

well put!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

whoa!

Holy cow man I’ve been reading this ridiculous threads and its nothing but whinning and more whinning and some more whinning, the tickets are to expensive, why a lottery, why one show, why not on my backayard? wah wah wah… it’s like never ending …
  • Options
    you know, if you dont like it, dont pay for a membership anymore. its as simple as that. 10c actually listens to fan input, that is why they made changes. you are one of the few, not one of the many.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    I wonder if your other 34 posts are this insightful
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

whoa!

Holy cow man I’ve been reading this ridiculous threads and its nothing but whinning and more whinning and some more whinning, the tickets are to expensive, why a lottery, why one show, why not on my backayard? wah wah wah… it’s like never ending …

say it sister! I'm with you! :lol:
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    phrase of the day, and what many of us are thinking.

fuck.
    its like this every time there is an on-sale and its getting redundant.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Jesus, seriously?? :roll:

I think the revision is a good idea for the Ed sales with high demand and a low number of tickets. It means more people will get a shot at presale tickets. Yeah it would be great to get 3 or 4 sets of tickets to different Ed shows, but is that really fair on the person who missed out on them all?

It's nice to see a fresh approach - if it doesn't work no doubt it will get revised again.

I also think this will only be for the Ed shows as a larger allocation of tickets is always available for the PJ shows.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

whoa!

so glad i wasn't here today....and that ed is touring anywhere near me ;):D
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    PJINFLA wrote:
    Since EV and PJ tickets keep getting harder and harder to get this is probably what we have to look forward to next time around.

Ed Vedder is heading out on another solo run which will kick off on June 8 in Albany, NY and end on July 2nd in Honolulu, HI. The New Zealand singer-songwriter - Liam Finn - will open these shows.

The Ten Club will be offering tickets, but due to the limited quantity the way we distribute the tickets has changed. We will randomly choose ticket winners from anyone who is an active ten club member as of 5 minutes before the drawing on April 10th. Winners will receive two tickets to a show that we have have selected for you from the available tour dates. You cannot select a specific show we will make that decision for you. See below for further details:

The combination of small venues, limited ticket quantities, and lots of fans always makes for a challenge in terms of ticket-buying opportunities, but we've listened to everyone's input and modified our system to better address everyone's needs. Here's how the ticket distribution will work for Ed's tour this time around:

- You don't have to be an active member right now , you can join today for all we care.

- There is no pre-sale. On April 10th if you have been selected we will send you an email telling you
    which show on the tour you're allowed attend. If you can't make that concert that we have selected for you that's too bad we are charging your credit card anyway.

- This wonderful opportunity is available to active US and Canadian members only. (We apologize to our overseas members.)

- Each member is eligible to be selected for only ONE PAIR (2 tickets) to ONE confirmed show on the tour.

- Ten Club tickets for the EV solo tour will NOT be seniority based because we can do whatever the hell we want, we're the ten club dammit!

- Tickets are being held in unspecified locations throughout the venues.

- Tickets will NOT be mailed out in advance. All tickets will be distributed at will call on the evening of the performance. Valid photo ID is required for pickup.

- Only the Ten Club member who was selected for the tickets will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.

IMPORTANT:

If you are unsuccessful in obtaining tickets through the Ten Club , we will send an informative email with public on-sale information so you can try your luck with our good friends at ticketbastard.

Tickets are non-refundable.

If you are selected to purchase tickets, you have no choice you are responsible for payment.

No exchanges or transfers will be allowed, if you can't make the show we selected for you too damn bad.

Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits, not that there are benefits anymore to being a member.

All dates are subject to change.

If you require ADA seating, please call 800-724-8038.

QUESTIONS:

Questions can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> or 800-724-8038

Ed Vedder Solo Tour Dates:
    * Indicates unconfirmed, possible "rollover" dates.
    ** No kama'aina discount

Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
    Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
    Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
    Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr

PS: If you don't get tickets no big deal, they will be selling for half of face value outside the venue the day of the show.

WOW! Somebody REALLY is resentful!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    Why post something like that, do like i did let it go i passed on the 1st ED solo tour and i'm passing on this not for me at all no big deal ..... 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    Is it wrong that I really have no real desire to see only Ed perform?

I mean I would obviously go watch him if he were somewhere close, but I just have no real urging desire to see just him perform...

I was hoping this announcement was going to give us some insight into the whole bands future touring plans...

Congrats to the people that want tickets and are going to see Eddie perform in the coming months...
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    :cry:
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    BMo-643 wrote:

I mean I would obviously go watch him if he were somewhere close, but I just have no real urging desire to see just him perform...

I was hoping this announcement was going to give us some insight into the whole bands future touring plans...

Congrats to the people that want tickets and are going to see Eddie perform in the coming months...

we must be twins, i feel the same way i have no desire to see just him i passed on the NY shows also last time around ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    BMo-643 wrote:

I was like that last time around, and honestly if he wasn't playing right down the street from where I work (Albany show), then I wouldn't go either.

But I think that it's a law that if any variation of Pearl Jam is playing in your town, then you are legally required to go. :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I actually like this new ticket system because its more fair more people can go.
    I hope they use this for future shows.
    Shows:
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    Good I thought I was a weird Pearl Jam fan...I just have absolutely ZERO desire to just Ed set up on stage with an acoustic guitar and tell stories...I wanna see the whole freakin band rocking out some arena!!

Did I really read the Email correct and did they really say that not only are you not guaranteed tickets but you aren't even guaranteed tickets to the show you wanna go to? So what if I were to put my name in the hat, and I get drawn out and chosen to go the Hawaii shows? Are they really going to charge me for two tickets and tell me that's the show I can go to? Seriously do they expect me to drop crazy flight money to fly Hawaii?
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400

whoa!

I'm totally with you on that...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    SS2972SS2972 Posts: 49
    where is chicago on the list?
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    10c actually listens to fan input, that is why they made changes.

Exactly....not everyone is gonna be happy...they're doing what they can to please as many people as possible and to be fair.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    I actually like this new ticket system because its more fair more people can go.

I surely hope this is not the policy for Pearl Jam shows though, I think that for Ed shows that are such small venues its a fair way to give everyone a chance but this system for PJ shows would be my WORST nitemare :shock:
    Post edited by Mrs.Vedder78 on
  • Options
    10c actually listens to fan input, that is why they made changes.

Exactly....not everyone is gonna be happy...they're doing what they can to please as many people as possible and to be fair.

well the new ticket system is much more fair so good job to them on that.
    Shows:
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I hate when people start threads like this...stop complaining!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    BMo-643 wrote:
    Good I thought I was a weird Pearl Jam fan...I just have absolutely ZERO desire to just Ed set up on stage with an acoustic guitar and tell stories...I wanna see the whole freakin band rocking out some arena!!

Did I really read the Email correct and did they really say that not only are you not guaranteed tickets but you aren't even guaranteed tickets to the show you wanna go to? So what if I were to put my name in the hat, and I get drawn out and chosen to go the Hawaii shows? Are they really going to charge me for two tickets and tell me that's the show I can go to? Seriously do they expect me to drop crazy flight money to fly Hawaii?

Tho OP made all that up. Read the official release. It's much nicer. :D
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    BMo-643 wrote:

Tho OP made all that up. Read the official release. It's much nicer. :D

Hahah yah its really not that bad guys. The only thing I'm not into is him not playing Seattle but oh well I will wait for the next tour.
    Shows:
  • Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    PJ_kidd wrote:

I agree and it's good that they're being more fair to the community. Hopefully this system works and as you all have said ten club took the suggestions of the consensus around here.