Options

Aloha and Mahalo! HONOLULU 7/2 THREAD

edited April 2009 in The Porch
So I figured that as a Seattleite I might as well try for the Honolulu lottery if I'm going to have to get on a 3+ hour flight to see the man. Hawaii and Ed...c'mon, what's better than that?!! My wife is my obvious #1 choice to come along and my Dad is hoping she can't make it...LOL! Just curious...who else is in for the 7/2 show? Also, does anyone have tips on the best airfare?
Post edited by Unknown User on
Β«1

Comments

• Options
    kinikini Posts: 97
    Put my bid in for Maui. Castle theater is a great venue, just down the street from where I live. Will fly to Oahu for the Honolulu shows as well, hopefully. You should definitely fly Hawaiian Air if possible. Probably looking at about $500 or so round trip from Seattle if you book now. It's the best airline imo.
    9/25/92, 9/26/92, 9/27/92, 2/20/97, 2/21/97, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    Too funny ... when I called the maui arts and cultural center to ask when tickets go on sale she didn't even know what I was talking about.
    I had to repeat Ed's name 4 times.
    She asked me if he was playing with the jazz show :lol::lol:
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i would love, love, LOVE to go to hawaii and see ed too! :mrgreen:
    just absolutely out of the question, as in - out of the budget - for a little over 2 months from now! spomeday i truly HOPE to get over to hawaii, period......and it would be awesome if it could coincide with some live pj there too. i'm hoping hubby agrees to baltimore and we get lucky with 10c.....but absolutely.....ENJOY ed in HAWAII!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: lucky, lcuky!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    kini wrote:
    Put my bid in for Maui. Castle theater is a great venue, just down the street from where I live. Will fly to Oahu for the Honolulu shows as well, hopefully. You should definitely fly Hawaiian Air if possible. Probably looking at about $500 or so round trip from Seattle if you book now. It's the best airline imo.
    Yah, I kind of kicked myself after I put the Honolulu show in my cart. Maui is definitely a better island imo. I just got so focused on a date that I think would work and for whatever reason I think I had a conflict with the Maui date...turns out I don't. Perhaps that will be my backup show. I can't complain though...would be psyched to go see him anywhere. How would you get tixs to the Oahu show as well? Thanks for the flight advice!
  • Options
    kinikini Posts: 97
    kini wrote:
    Yah, I kind of kicked myself after I put the Honolulu show in my cart. Maui is definitely a better island imo. I just got so focused on a date that I think would work and for whatever reason I think I had a conflict with the Maui date...turns out I don't. Perhaps that will be my backup show. I can't complain though...would be psyched to go see him anywhere. How would you get tixs to the Oahu show as well? Thanks for the flight advice!

Just buy them like normal folk ;)
    9/25/92, 9/26/92, 9/27/92, 2/20/97, 2/21/97, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I have considered coming from Europe to Hawaii but i dont really have anyone to stay with etc so probably not, if an Ed show was near a good friend it would probably be more realistic.
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    In for Honolulu. Gonna try my luck with TM for Maui. This is going to be amazing!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Have Fun.

I wish I could go. Someday I hope too.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    I missed the 98' PJ show at the MACC, so I can't wait. Say it with me A L O H A !!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I missed the 98' PJ show at the MACC, so I can't wait. Say it with me A L O H A !!!! :D:D:D

Man, first you get a signed SDE, AND you live in paradise and get to see Ed solo and not have to make travel plans?? Can you send some of that luck my way cause you are surely one lucky lady!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    A L O H A!!!!!!! Glad to see Ed is coming to see you and I'm sure you're pretty stoked today! p.s.- can my wife and I come stay at your house? lol :-D
  • Options

Man, first you get a signed SDE, AND you live in paradise and get to see Ed solo and not have to make travel plans?? Can you send some of that luck my way cause you are surely one lucky lady!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    A L O H A!!!!!!! Glad to see Ed is coming to see you and I'm sure you're pretty stoked today! p.s.- can my wife and I come stay at your house? lol :-D

I can't tell you how stoked I am that Ed is coming to Maui!!! The acoustics in the MACC are out of this world! :D

p.s. - I can help you out with most Maui info if you PM me ;)
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    I signed up for the second Honolulu show.

looking to round out tickets for the other two Hawaii shows
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal πŸ‘Œ)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I signed up for the second Honolulu show.

looking to round out tickets for the other two Hawaii shows.

Pls PM me with any single extras for maui or Honolulu 1
    Post edited by GratefulJam on
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal πŸ‘Œ)
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Well, apparently this is the appropriate thread to announce my intention to get those extras from those of you who will be looking for a share-the-pair buddy. I am looking for tickets all three of the Hawaii shows :D
    Here's hoping I find my other half :)

Does anyone know when the public sale starts for Hawaii shows?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    the only public sale info i saw so far was for albany and tower thru LN on 4/18. most likely will be announced soon. :P

• Options
    Cool! :)

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    i tried maui as my show choice. i will try for the honolulu shows on ebay or tm. actually on jack johnson's thing he said they were doing two pairs to the july 1st for the charity auction. is there anyone that might be interested in splitting that if the price doesn't get too out of reach? i don't mind dropping some coin for good seats when it's going to charity like that.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    i tried maui as my show choice. i will try for the honolulu shows on ebay or tm. actually on jack johnson's thing he said they were doing two pairs to the july 1st for the charity auction. is there anyone that might be interested in splitting that if the price doesn't get too out of reach? i don't mind dropping some coin for good seats when it's going to charity like that.

I might be down :D
  • Options
    I heard that the public sale will be on April 18th but it's not clear if there is an online option. Ticketbastard doesn't show anything for HI right now.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    i signed up for maui and if i get the good word, i'd love to trade for honolulu if i could work out the time off
    if not, i'll have a spare up for grabs since none of my friends are crazy enough to be joining me in this little adventure (hopefully i'll make new ones on the trip :))
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    It sounds like there might be three of us interested in the extra Maui.

Count me in!!

• Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Hopefully my screenname will count for something with the 10 c tkt gods

I have such amazing memories from last time before i knew it i was clicking the buy button
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I would love to go to Hawaii to see Ed but it is out of my budget! I'll just keep my fingers crossed for Albany tickets and maybe just maybe Atlanta tickets.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    I'm trying for Maui tickets. I don't know what all the costs are going to be... but Im creating the possibility to make this happen. I might need to couch surf so I hope to meet some local Ed fans who can help me out.

This is shaping up to be an amazing summer.
  • Options
    Tip Jammer,

Last time for Kokua i stayed in a sweet hotel on the beach in Waikiki and shared it with a fellow jammer. the profile pic was taken from the room.

stat in touch and i am sure we can work something out for you in a pinch, especially if you have an extra maui ;)

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I BrisK I wrote:
    I have considered coming from Europe to Hawaii but i dont really have anyone to stay with etc so probably not, if an Ed show was near a good friend it would probably be more realistic.

cough :roll:
  • Options
    Tip Jammer,

Last time for Kokua i stayed in a sweet hotel on the beach in Waikiki and shared it with a fellow jammer. the profile pic was taken from the room.

stat in touch and i am sure we can work something out for you in a pinch, especially if you have an extra maui ;)
    Hey Grateful! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us Hawaii lotto hopefuls on this thread. What hotel is that...looks like you got a sweet room. Anyway, maybe we can organize a pre-party before the shows. It would be nice to all get together to meet new friends if anyone is up to it. Thoughts anyone?
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    For those out of towners there is a hotel across the street from the mac but it's a hole in the wall but just thought I would say something in case you don't want to drive that night.
    Also about a block away there is a bar close by. It's not a bar like you would think of a cool bar but it's somewhere you guys can meet up that is super close.
    pm me if you want names of these places.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti