Options

Weird ticket policy for EV solo shows...

chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
edited April 2009 in The Porch
but I like it :)

By making this selection, you are not guaranteed tickets to this show, but you are establishing the opportunity to buy tickets if your order is randomly selected.

There is a two (2) ticket limit per member. You may choose one (1) additional "rollover" show in addition to your 1st choice confirmed show selection. Please make sure you can attend all shows selected.

Seems like Ed and the 10C realized the high demand for the small amount of tickes available for these shows and a random lottery is a nice way of trying to distribute tickets.
This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cordurologycordurology Posts: 226
    Any idea when we'll find out if our orders were selected?
    Lex 03, Gorge 05, Cincy 06
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Hate this policy; means more anxious waiting.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    My questions is if we get both Memphis shows are we allowed to attend both if we win tickets
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    How and when do we select the "rollover" show?
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    How do you select your 2nd choice show?
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    Tour info on main page of site --

Ed Vedder Tour Announcement + Presale Info
    Ed Vedder is heading out on another solo run which will kick off on June 8 in Albany, NY and end on July 2nd in Honolulu, HI.
    The great New Zealand singer-songwriter - Liam Finn - will open these shows.

Ten Club will be hosting a ticket pre-sale for a limited quantity of tickets ... please read on for details.

The combination of small venues, limited ticket quantities, and lots of fans always makes for a challenge in terms of ticket-buying opportunities, but
    we've listened to everyone's input and modified our system to better address everyone's needs. Here's how the ticket pre-sale will work for Ed's tour this time around:

- You must be an active, participating member as of April 7th to qualify for the ticket pre-sale.

- The pre-sale will begin immediately and end April 10th at 5pm Pacific Time.

- This pre-sale opportunity is available to active US and Canadian members only. (We apologize to our overseas members.)

- Tickets for the pre-sale can be purchased only at https://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or MasterCard.

- Each member is eligible to purchase only ONE PAIR (2 tickets) to ONE confirmed show on the tour. (No single tickets will be sold.)

- Ten Club tickets for the EV solo tour will NOT be seniority based.

- Tickets are being held in unspecified locations throughout the venues.

- Tickets will NOT be mailed out in advance. All tickets will be distributed at will call on the evening of the performance. Valid photo ID is required for pickup.

- Only the Ten Club member who purchased the tickets will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.

IMPORTANT:

- You will make your show selection , but this DOES NOT guarantee you will have tickets to the show. You are establishing the OPPORTUNITY to buy tickets only. Your credit card will be "authorized" but funds will not be captured unless you are selected. (These funds may not be available to you for a period of time determined by your card issuing bank. To avoid having immediate funds held by your bank, we suggest NOT using a debit card for the ticket purchase, or maximizing your credit limit on a credit card.)
    - Once the pre-sale has ended, we will randomly select members to buy the tickets and finalize the ticket purchase.
    - A confirmation will be sent out once the selection process has ended, prior to the public on-sale, so you will know if you were successful in securing tickets through the Ten Club ... or not.
    - If you are unsuccessful in obtaining tickets through the Ten Club pre-sale opportunity, we will send an informative email with public on-sale information.
    - Tickets are non-refundable.
    - If you are selected to purchase tickets, you are responsible for payment.
    - No exchanges or transfers will be allowed, so make absolutely sure you are able to attend the concert selection.
    - Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits.
    - All dates are subject to change.
    - If you require ADA seating, please call 800-724-8038.

UNCONFIRMED ADDITIONAL DATES - ROLLOVER SHOWS
    - As you know, sometimes additional shows are added to the tour that are not confirmed at the time of the on-sale. We call these "rollover shows." We cannot legally sell tickets during a pre-sale for unconfirmed shows, but we will offer you the OPPORTUNITY to RESERVE one pair of tickets to one (1) "rollover" concert. THIS IS IN ADDITION TO YOUR FIRST CHOICE CONCERT.
    - Your credit card will not be charged until the "rollover" show is confirmed, which would happen AFTER the public on-sale date, if your order is selected.
    - A confirmation will be sent out if you are selected to purchase tickets for a "rollover" show.
    - You will receive an email if your attempt at reserving tickets for the "rollover" shows proves unsuccessful.
    - No exchanges or transfers will be allowed, so make absolutely sure you are able to attend both your 1st choice concert and any of the "rollover" concerts you select for purchase.

QUESTIONS:

Questions can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> or 800-724-8038

Ed Vedder Solo Tour Dates:
    * Indicates unconfirmed, possible "rollover" dates.
    ** No kama'aina discount

Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
    Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
    Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
    Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    KDH12 wrote:
    My questions is if we get both Memphis shows are we allowed to attend both if we win tickets

Yes. Memphis is a rollover date.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    maverick wrote:
    How do you select your 2nd choice show?
    Just order a second show; I assume that will be your second choice; this policy is insane
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    If you read the whole blurb, everything is explained. Yep... it does look like they have incorporated EVERYTHING people were suggesting/moaning about/demanding, etc., just to give everyone a chance (except non US and Canada residents! ;) ) Now wait for everyone to moan because that's not what they wanted and they don't see it as fair.....
  • Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    this is weird...seems legit though
  • Options
    this policy is brilliant and it is a trial run for a potential pearl jam tour, if you can only buy one pair for one show, that means there will be more members who will get tickets, less people shut out, less people bitching about tickets, more memberships sold. unfortunately, people will now bitch about this, the thing is you cant please everyone, all the time.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    So this is a members only show?
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I like the policy.
    Back, prior to the 2003 Tour, you were only allowed one pair to one show. My 139,000 ranged membership number landed me in the 3rd Row in San Diego in 1996. In 2001, I let my membership lapse and missed out on the tickets... in 2003, I paired up with a member with a 69,000 ranged number.
    In 2006... that same number put me in the 12th to 14th rows (except in Santa Barbara, where pure luck came into play).
    The one pair per member gives the people who live in the cities where the band plays the better seats.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    So this is a members only show?
    No, the presale is for a limited amount of tickets for each show. They still hit Ticketmaster and the general public later.
    Sam
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i like the one show per memeber policy for the smaller venues on the ev tour...

but i do not like this presale lottery... either sell me the tickets or not... if i authroize $169 on my debit card, then i want to know i have tickets... i dont want to have to check back to my email and and my account to see if i have a pair of tickets?

seems a little silly
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    this policy is brilliant and it is a trial run for a potential pearl jam tour, if you can only buy one pair for one show, that means there will be more members who will get tickets, less people shut out, less people bitching about tickets, more memberships sold. unfortunately, people will now bitch about this, the thing is you cant please everyone, all the time.

how is this brilliant????

whatever happened to be here at a certain time, make an attempt to buy tickets, you either get them or you dont...its because too many people couldnt get to 1000000 shows that they wanted and complained that this weird new policy has taken affect

if this is how its going to be for the tour then you are going to see a real clusterf**k of all proportions....ive been shut out of shows before and have succeeded and never once did i ever complain about how it was but if i as to miss a show because my name wasnt picked out of a hat then i would be pissed

either way i will say this 10c is trying REALLY hard to make everyone happy but there comes a time where they have to tell you to suck it up and if you miss out then go to another city or get better luck
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:

my question is that I could in actually end up with tickets to both shows in Memphis right?

that is good and bad, bettters my chances but I would rather get one show and trade my ticket for the other show then ending up spending about $400..... :?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Don't mind it, so long as I get to be there, be around other great fans and not be ripped off by the scalping scum.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    I like this policy, it basically means that I won't have to compete with those of you that think you have to go to every goddamn show, let the locals get good tickets for a change and be satisfied with only seeing EV or PJ once for a change. I just wish that this would guarantee that locals would get the tickets they request.
    the Minions
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    KDH12 wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:

my question is that I could in actually end up with tickets to both shows in Memphis right?

that is good and bad, bettters my chances but I would rather get one show and trade my ticket for the other show then ending up spending about $400..... :?

I don't think that is right - maybe something missing in the info but...wouldn't it seem logical that the intention is you can preselect a rollover date and if you miss out on the first night (i.e. Albany) you'll be entered for a chance at the rollover. It wouldn't make much sense to give someone who won tickets to Albany 1, tickets to Albany 2 as well.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    pjalive21 wrote:
    if this is how its going to be for the tour then you are going to see a real clusterf**k of all proportions....ive been shut out of shows before and have succeeded and never once did i ever complain about how it was but if i as to miss a show because my name wasnt picked out of a hat then i would be pissed

Either way you run the risk of not getting a presale ticket, whether it's in a crazy rush to get tickets that sell out in 2 seconds or crash the site or if you do it this way in more of a lottery-style. But at least the lottery spares us the crazy freak-out rush/site crash/5000 board posts complaining about the ticket sale. Your membership has always just gotten you the "opportunity" to buy a ticket, they have never promised us a guaranteed ticket to a show. So I'd prefer a more stress-free opportunity than the frustration we've had in the past.
    Sam
  • Options
    you're only going to be able to purchase tickets for one night
    the Minions
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    good idea for small, limited amount of tickets.... terrible for a PJ show...

The only "large venue" pj shows where there have been issues getting tickets has been in the Northeast. If you were in at the times the tickets went up for the others, it hasn't been a problem.
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I am cool with one show per member, but just make it a sale. How many people went to 4-6-8-10 EV solo shows last year? Make them pick one each and then roll with it.

There's no reason to make it a lottery if you limit to one per member.

Either make it a lottery but allow maybe 2 shows per member (or more... if its a lottery what does it matter) or do a straight sale and limit to one per member.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I like this policy, it basically means that I won't have to compete with those of you that think you have to go to every goddamn show, let the locals get good tickets for a change and be satisfied with only seeing EV or PJ once for a change. I just wish that this would guarantee that locals would get the tickets they request.
    That's exactly how I feel. I mean, those with lower numbers will STILL get GREAT seats to one show. There isn't a need to get great seats to ALL shows.
    Besides, for the past two full tours, the same people got the same front row seats to all of the shows they went to. They have those memories to enjoy. I think it is only fair that others get an opportunity to see Ed or the full band from that same vantage point.
    I hope you get the tickets and I hope you are right up there. i've been up there and it is great. I hope you get the same thing to stash in your memories.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    mjb wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:
    I don't think that is right - maybe something missing in the info but...wouldn't it seem logical that the intention is you can preselect a rollover date and if you miss out on the first night (i.e. Albany) you'll be entered for a chance at the rollover. It wouldn't make much sense to give someone who won tickets to Albany 1, tickets to Albany 2 as well.

Both the confirmed and 'rollover' dates are randomly chosen. So someone who is lucky enough to get Albany 1 tix (and also 'purchased' Albany 2 as rollover) will not automatically get tix to the second date and vice-versa. Now that person may be VERY lucky and 'win' the tix for both shows.....
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    I'm fine with one show per membership but I'm not too keen on only being able to have the opportunity to get tickets for one show. It would be nice to have a backup option besides the possible rollover shows.

Oh well, I will play by the rules and hope I get lucky. Maybe it's time the wife, daughter and hounds got their own 10C memberships?
    d'oh
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Cosmo wrote:
    That's exactly how I feel. I mean, those with lower numbers will STILL get GREAT seats to one show. There isn't a need to get great seats to ALL shows.
    Besides, for the past two full tours, the same people got the same front row seats to all of the shows they went to. They have those memories to enjoy. I think it is only fair that others get an opportunity to see Ed or the full band from that same vantage point.
    I hope you get the tickets and I hope you are right up there. i've been up there and it is great. I hope you get the same thing to stash in your memories.

front 2 rows and rows 9 and 10 were random last year....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    reminds me of the 2003 tour when we had to mail in a money order and a card with our info on it and wait to hear back.. i remember skipping class to go to the bank, and take care of all..

if this system means it'll be more like the 2003 tour then i'm fine with it on a full PJ tour. 1st come 1st serve is great for those who can hang out on the site at work and be ready for it or for those who don't work, but having this open system of placing orders and then finding out makes 10C tickets available to all members who might not be able to go on the site from work..
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    samnation wrote:
    pjalive21 wrote:

Either way you run the risk of not getting a presale ticket, whether it's in a crazy rush to get tickets that sell out in 2 seconds or crash the site or if you do it this way in more of a lottery-style. But at least the lottery spares us the crazy freak-out rush/site crash/5000 board posts complaining about the ticket sale. Your membership has always just gotten you the "opportunity" to buy a ticket, they have never promised us a guaranteed ticket to a show. So I'd prefer a more stress-free opportunity than the frustration we've had in the past.

yeah you have a point...it is stress free, but i just feel they are trying to appease all the complaints about people not getting tickets with this lottery system...ive just always had the attitude of you win some, you lose some..thats just life you cant win them all

i like what they have done with the random seating and limiting the amount of tickets and all that just the lottery thing seems like they are going out of their way to make everyone happy, which is kudos to the 10c because i could not deal with all the complaining around here