Options

Who will induct PJ into the R&R HOF?

2»

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I have always liked the idea of Chris Cornell.

Or, it could even be Ben Harper.

Or, one of the guys from REM, to return the favor.

please god dont ever let cornell near the band. the stink of his desperation and mediocrity might rub off.

ben harper's a good possibility though.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    surforia wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    surforia wrote:
    It can't be Neil Young or Cornell. When artists get inducted into the RRHOF, it's always someone younger, from the successive generation of artists that inducts them because they talk about how they were influenced by them... R.E.M. was around before PJ, hence Eddie could induct them... Metallica was around before RHCP, hence Flea... Maybe someone from KOL or MMJ?

Edit: Ben Harper would work.

No it's not. Flea inducted Metallica and Jimmy Page inducted Jeff Beck, just 4 days ago.

Roger or Pete from the Who.
    Ben Harper
    Bono
    Michael Stipe
    Sean Penn
    Jack Irons- I realize he will be going in as well, but he also has a big part in their history, and is one of the few that knew the whole band before it was big.

Nope. Jeff Beck joined the Yardbirds in 1965. LZ didn't form until 1968.
    Metallica formed in '81 and RHCP in '83. Your examples are just more instances when "younger" bands inducted "older" bands. Kindly provide evidence of the reverse...

Jeff Beck was already inducted as a member of the Yardbirds, along with Page. His solo career was pretty well parallel to Zep.

As for Flea, RHCP didn't start too long after Metallica and their original heydays were right around the same period.

Ramones, Neil, and REM came around 10 years before PJ. That's closer to what you are referring to, imo. Metallica/RHCP and Jimmy Page/Jeff Beck are peers in the exact same way as PJ and Soundgarden.

I agree about Neil Young, but bands get to choose who inducts them. I could see them doin somethin different.

I think KoL have a long way to go, in the US, to be able to induct someone into the HoF.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,918
    surforia wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    No it's not. Flea inducted Metallica and Jimmy Page inducted Jeff Beck, just 4 days ago.

Ben Harper
    Bono
    Michael Stipe
    Sean Penn
    Jack Irons- I realize he will be going in as well, but he also has a big part in their history, and is one of the few that knew the whole band before it was big.

Metallica formed in '81 and RHCP in '83. Your examples are just more instances when "younger" bands inducted "older" bands. Kindly provide evidence of the reverse...
    Jimmy Page was asked to join The Yardbirds after Eric Clapton left. He didn't want to do it at the time and recommended Jeff Beck.It was after Jeff got big and went solo that Jimmy steeped in a became the last remaining yardbird. Thus the mighty Zep was born.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    mickeyrat wrote:
    surforia wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Ben Harper
    Bono
    Michael Stipe
    Sean Penn

Jimmy Page was asked to join The Yardbirds after Eric Clapton left. He didn't want to do it at the time and recommended Jeff Beck.It was after Jeff got big and went solo that Jimmy steeped in a became the last remaining yardbird. Thus the mighty Zep was born.

Beck and Clapton were on guitar with Page on bass. Clapton left and Page stepped over to guitar. The Page and Beck lineup was shortlived and when Beck left, like you say Zep was born along with Jeff Beck's solo career.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    jtgreen wrote:
    Why not Cameron Crowe...?
    I like this a lot!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    TSLOWTSLOW Posts: 10
    jtgreen wrote:
    Why not Cameron Crowe...?
    I like this a lot!

that's actually perfect.
  • Options
    For the record, I don't even like Kings of Leon, but I thought as far as a so-called up and comer that has ties to Pearl Jam...

I agree with the no Cornell thing, too...He was awesome and amazing in Soundgarden, but revoltingly poor with Audioslave...talk about a long, hard fall...yuck :evil:

How about Mudhoney?

Mudhoney were GREAT (really!)

It'd probably piss off Mark Arm, since they definately got the smallest "piece of cake" ;)
    (pun inteneded.....)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    damendamen Posts: 104
    Whoa, don't count your chickens yet. Maybe they turn into a techno-country pop act on this next album and lose all crediblilty...

But if they ever do get inducted, I'd say Ralph Nader....
  • Options
    damen wrote:
    Whoa, don't count your chickens yet. Maybe they turn into a techno-country pop act on this next album and lose all crediblilty...

But if they ever do get inducted, I'd say Ralph Nader....

Nah....
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Pearl Jam should induct Pearl Jam.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Im gonna go against the obvious choices and say Josh Homme. I think it'd be really cool if he did it and then queens performed!
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Dave Grohl
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    BC196886 wrote:
    My vote goes to Chris Cornell or Jerry Cantrell, but I'm sure that Neil Young or Pete Townsend would be good choices as well.

I agree with Neil or Pete. I live in Cleveland, sadly missed this years induction, and I'm still killing myself for that. But I would NEVER miss PJ's induction. As long as creed doesn't induct them...or nickelback...or anything that has to do with courtney love...