Options

Releasing PJ shows on vinyl

Brownie9160Brownie9160 Posts: 190
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Just wondering what other people's thoughts on this are. I know this will probably never happen, but I definitely think there is a market for it given how sought-after Benaroya has been, and more recently ITW.

If the band were able to release shows on triple or quad vinyl, how many of you would buy them? I know if they could do it through the 10 club for $35 or $40 I would be very excited. Maybe include a CD or digital download as well. Any thoughts?
Hartford 06
Bonnaroo 08
Hartford 08
Mansfield I & II 08
E.V. Boston I & II 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    If they ever did it, I would buy it. But I'm with you, I don't think it would happen again unless there was a special, charity show such as Benaroya.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,919
    If they ever did it, I would buy it. But I'm with you, I don't think it would happen again unless there was a special, charity show such as Benaroya.
    How about this ..... all profit goes to charities they choose?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    mickeyrat wrote:
    How about this ..... all profit goes to charities they choose?

Cool w/me. Bring on the vinyl boots.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Dude/Dudette...(sorry, just want to be pc)..FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND FUCKING HOLY NO!!!!i

I have a big enough problem saying NO to all the other shit...This would just put me into bankruptcy!! :-) I am quite content having a few cool things on vinyl...Dont need EVERYTHING this way....I have about everything they have put out on vinyl save for a few things and dont even own a record player YET.....This would seriously make me draw a line and stop collecting records...It would be overkill imho! ;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Dude/Dudette...(sorry, just want to be pc)..FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND FUCKING HOLY NO!!!!i

I have a big enough problem saying NO to all the other shit...This would just put me into bankruptcy!! :-) I am quite content having a few cool things on vinyl...Dont need EVERYTHING this way....I have about everything they have put out on vinyl save for a few things and dont even own a record player YET.....This would seriously make me draw a line and stop collecting records...It would be overkill imho! ;-)

Okay, it may be overkill (and not make much business sense) to release EVERY show from a world tour on vinyl, but what if the band selects a few they feel are above par and releases them? I'm really just looking for an excuse to get some live PJ on vinyl!!
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Bring on the vinyl! I'd buy them!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,310

Okay, it may be overkill (and not make much business sense) to release EVERY show from a world tour on vinyl, but what if the band selects a few they feel are above par and releases them? I'm really just looking for an excuse to get some live PJ on vinyl!!

It would be sweet to have some more shows on vinyl but they would have to be fairly significant/legendary shows that were important to the band's history (like Benaroya was).

You know that if they just released random shows from a tour there'd be a ton of people pissing and moaning on this board because the show they went to didn't get released!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    This would be an awesome thing to do. The only question would be how much it would cost them to do it? And how much of the cost would be passed onto us?
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469

ummm.... time to get a record player bro!!!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    BH71937 wrote:

ummm.... time to get a record player bro!!!

That is an understatment!! Just havent found the one I want yet and have had other things on my collecting mind is all. I will get one eventually! lol...:-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    You're right, there would be a lot of pissing on this site if all the shows weren't released. So, they should let the Ten Club members decide...conduct a vote, each member gets one vote for the show they want released and they produce the top 3 or 5 or whatever.

Now that I'm thinking about it a little more, this is going to be pretty costly. With the length of PJ shows, they will have to be AT LEAST quadruple vinyls, if not more. Does anyone remember the original price for the Benaroya set? I'm thinking they would have to sell them for at least $50 to cover the production cost.
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,310
    You're right, there would be a lot of pissing on this site if all the shows weren't released. So, they should let the Ten Club members decide...conduct a vote, each member gets one vote for the show they want released and they produce the top 3 or 5 or whatever.

Now that I'm thinking about it a little more, this is going to be pretty costly. With the length of PJ shows, they will have to be AT LEAST quadruple vinyls, if not more. Does anyone remember the original price for the Benaroya set? I'm thinking they would have to sell them for at least $50 to cover the production cost.

Can you imagine how much the 3-disc Mansfield set would be?!

I'd still probably buy it though...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    goldrush wrote:

It would be sweet to have some more shows on vinyl but they would have to be fairly significant/legendary shows that were important to the band's history (like Benaroya was).

You know that if they just released random shows from a tour there'd be a ton of people pissing and moaning on this board because the show they went to didn't get released!

The most legendary thing about Benaroya IS the vinyl.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Sign me up
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    i wish they would do what the Who did back in 06... release eacho one of their shows on cd AND dvd. :idea: ?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,986
    i wish they would do what the Who did back in 06... release eacho one of their shows on cd AND dvd. :idea: ?

that would be amazing if they did! :)
  • Options
    This will never, ever happen. Seriously.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC