Options

Tom Petty show last night (Pearl Jam related...sort of)

bettermanofthehourbettermanofthehour Posts: 355
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So I went to the Tom Petty show last night at Summerfest in Milwaukee. It was great, like usual. The one thing that I noticed about the Petty crowd last night that I never really noticed before, is their reaction when they play an "obscure" song. They played a b-side and a couple of not well-known album tracks, and it seemed that nobody knew what the hell they were playing. A lot of people just sat down, I looked around and couldn't see anybody singing along. I don't know, maybe it was just the section I was in, section 6 which isn't bad at all. And no I am not a big Petty fanatic, like I am for PJ, so I didn't really know the songs either. But, I couldn't help thinking that if it were a PJ show that we would all be freaking out if they played some obscure European b-side, if they had one that is.

Oh yeah, and I went to the Drive By Truckers show on Thursday at Summerfest too. If you get a chance to see those guys live, do it. It was my second DBT show. Unbelievable.
My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JzacurJzacur Posts: 64
    For the most part Petty shows are party shows. Everyone knows the hits just goes to hear the songs live and to drink heavily. I saw him in Pittsburgh earlier this year and he played about the exact same setlist he played when he came by in 2006.
    9/28/05 PNC Park Pittsburgh- 6/23/06 Mellon Arena Pittsburgh- 8/02/07 The Vic- 8/05/07- Lollapalooza 6/22/08 DC