Options

just deleted 1500 Pearl Jam songs off my ipod

bettermanofthehourbettermanofthehour Posts: 355
edited April 2008 in The Porch
i went to upload some stuff to my ipod the other day and got the "not enough room" message. so i decided that this weekend i would go through and remove some stuff. i only have a 30 gig ipod. i started going through it this morning. i couldn't really find anything i didn't like. then i got to the pearl jam section. bootleg after bootleg. most of them only listened to once or twice. so i started going through any deleting them. i started off with roughly 2700 PJ songs. Now down to 1200. i freed up over 11 gigs.

at least i'll be able to upload those creed albums now ;)
My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i went to upload some stuff to my ipod the other day and got the "not enough room" message. so i decided that this weekend i would go through and remove some stuff. i only have a 30 gig ipod. i started going through it this morning. i couldn't really find anything i didn't like. then i got to the pearl jam section. bootleg after bootleg. most of them only listened to once or twice. so i started going through any deleting them. i started off with roughly 2700 PJ songs. Now down to 1200. i freed up over 11 gigs.

congrats, now you have 11 gigs to fill it back with PJ!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    if only my ipod had an 1tb hd for my pearl jam shn/flac collection on the go. ;)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Time to get a larger capacity ipod!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    demetrios wrote:
    if only my ipod had an 1tb hd for my pearl jam shn/flac collection on the go. ;)

you can put flac on a ipod?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Oxxys wrote:

nope
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    I also ran out of room on my 30 gig iPod.

Rather than deleting a bunch of PJ stuff, I went out and got a new 80 gig iPod.

Now I have about 30 gigs still to fill. Soooooo much better than having to delete a bunch of shit I love!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Oxxys wrote:

yep! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockbox
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Why dont you just sync your Ipod a little differently. I also have the 30 gig, plus I have 8gb touch. The touch is only for essential PJ(studio albums, and highlight shows only)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874
    you could have just put those songs on an external hard drive and put them back on your comp when you wanted to give another listen.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

I keep my live stuff on my itunes account, and use my old nanon for whatever shows I may listen to on trips exct. My new touch has just studio stuff, except albums like lon2legs, which are prtetty much officcial releases.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I'd say, as long as you've got all the studio albums, and maybe a couple choice boots, you've got plenty of PJ on your ipod.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    you can never have too many live versions of "Even Flow" !
  • Options
    The new IPOD Classic is only $350 and is 120GB or something close to that. It's a lot better than the video one.
    "Don't come closer or I'll have to go
    Holding me like gravity are places that pull
    If ever there was someone to keep me at home
    It would be you..."
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I'd say, as long as you've got all the studio albums, and maybe a couple choice boots, you've got plenty of PJ on your ipod.

Yeah I'm down to the studio ones and about 40 shows which is shrinking whenever I get new stuff, but I'm going to jump from 30 to 80Gb in the next few weeks so I can put all those shows I have listened to liek once back on there
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Sometimes when I am loading a bootleg onto my ipod, the songs don't go in order. Or sometimes the show gets split into two or more parts. I am bumming on the bootleg > ipod thing as a result. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    butterfly1 wrote:
    Sometimes when I am loading a bootleg onto my ipod, the songs don't go in order. Or sometimes the show gets split into two or more parts. I am bumming on the bootleg > ipod thing as a result. Anyone else have this problem?
    I have the same problem with London & Hamilton 05. I spent hours just recently trying to get these shows to play in order. The tracks were listed in order, but they would not play in order. I ended up just making playlists for those 2 shows & now all I have to do is listen to the playlists!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I have an 80gb iPod, but that's about to run out very soon. I only have about 11-12gb of Pearl Jam... the rest is other music and some videos. I plan on upgrading to a 160gb iPod this summer. I'll probably just end up selling my 80gb iPod to help pay for that.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    butterfly1 wrote:
    yeah, I don't know how to fix that either. some of my albums even do that, and it's the most annoying thing...
  • Options
    sorry, double post!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    I have the same problem with London & Hamilton 05. I spent hours just recently trying to get these shows to play in order. The tracks were listed in order, but they would not play in order. I ended up just making playlists for those 2 shows & now all I have to do is listen to the playlists!

Thats an idea--its just strange; the ipod software should allow for me to go in and rename, and reorder and create a file, but I can't figure out how to do it. Or why it happens.
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I'm pretty sure my iPod has been Pearl Jam free since at least the beginning of the year. I've purchased too much new music in the last couple years, I simply didn't have room on my tiny 4 gig nano.

Soooo . . . I just ordered a new 80 gig this evening. I'm so excited that I'll finally be able to fit my entire collection on the iPod all at once with room to spare. Maybe those Pearl Jam albums will finally get some attention again, not to mention all the shows I've downloaded but never listened to . . .
  • Options
    butterfly1 wrote:

Ahhhhh I hate this! It happens all the time to me! Sometimes if you number the tracks It puts them in order, but not all of the time.
    01 Evenflow
    02 Go
    03 once
    Like that. Try that it works for some.

Anybody know how to make them go in order regardless? I smell a new thread coming.....

Oh and by the way, I frequently put FLACS on my Ipod, all you have to do is make sure your default player is ITUNES and when you extract the files they will show up in ITUNES as wav, and drag them over to your IPOD. The quality is not comprimised, as far as I can tell.