Blues Junior

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited March 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anybody here have the Fender Blues Junior amp? What do you think about it? What do you like and not like? I know it's only 15 watts but is that enough power to gig with or jam with a drummer with? I wonder why there is no standby switch considering it is an all tube amp???

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I don't own one, but as a sound engineer I've worked with them a bunch. I've always been impressed by the tone and volume when I've run across them, fwiw.

As far as volume, it doesn't have as much clean headroom when jamming with a band as a larger amp would have, but it can certainly get loud enough to keep up, unless you're jamming with a REALLY loud band. I gigged with a band one summer with a little 12-watt tube combo amp, without micing the amp, and it was the perfect size, so I know you can do it. But you won't always have perfectly clean tones.

As far as the standby switch, it's not uncommon for the smaller tube amps to skip the standby. The aforementioned 12-watt Fender just had a power switch, as does my 6-watt Fender Vibro Champ. The original tweed-covered Fender amps never had standby switches, either. Ultimately, it doesn't hurt your amp any... just remember to turn the volume all the way down before you power up and power down, so you don't get any pops or shorts.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.