Options

strange how some things surface after 20 years...

2»

Comments

• Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    I don't get it either, and yes it bothers me, but in the end there is plenty of room for plenty of things that we just don't/can't know. I mean, maybe Beth didn't want it released with her name, who knows. Yes, I'd rather they kept it as unedited as possible, but it's their work (not to mention, his relationship/past), so it belongs to them, and I have to respect that.

As someone who keeps pictures, stuffed animals, and letters from every ex girlfriend I've ever had, dubbing out the mention of Beth bothers me, too. Not from a performance standpoint so much as a "my history is how I got here" standpoint.

But not everyone feels the way I do, and, like ms. goldenwords, I have to respect the feelings of those involved.

Seems a waste, tho.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    (and to nitpick, I really wish they left in the "They gave us a few rules..." speech before Porch too)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    BinFrog wrote:
    (and to nitpick, I really wish they left in the "They gave us a few rules..." speech before Porch too)

I totally agree! I only watched it once and I was fast forwarding it to get to certain parts I wanted to see so I thought they had edited it out, but I wasn't sure. That is even dumber because that is something that was actually shown on MTV. So what we got from Pearl Jam is more watered down than something MTV showed!Not good.

I'm not super pissed about it like a lot of people seem to be, but I have always liked how Pearl Jam seemed like they really were trying to give you the real article, warts and all (ie releasing all their concerts without edits, performing "Alive" and "Even Flow" for the videos rather than lip synching them, etc.) It made stuff you would get from them different from other bands, it seemed more geniune, more real.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    rrivers wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

I totally agree! I only watched it once and I was fast forwarding it to get to certain parts I wanted to see so I thought they had edited it out, but I wasn't sure. That is even dumber because that is something that was actually shown on MTV. So what we got from Pearl Jam is more watered down than something MTV showed!Not good.

I'm not super pissed about it like a lot of people seem to be, but I have always liked how Pearl Jam seemed like they really were trying to give you the real article, warts and all (ie releasing all their concerts without edits, performing "Alive" and "Even Flow" for the videos rather than lip synching them, etc.) It made stuff you would get from them different from other bands, it seemed more geniune, more real.

Yeah, it's just confusing. The SD edition is so freaking close to being PERFECT in every way. It's gorgeous. But the unplugged edits, and the little clipping issues in the Redux version though....gotta wonder how that got the approval from everyone?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"