Options

All Time Band (Game)

PJPJ Posts: 285
edited March 2009 in The Porch
Ok this is just an idea for a game so if it doesn't work oh well, but I was stuck on a bus going through traffic and It all came to me.
Scenario: For some unexplainable reason, all of the worlds musicians/bands/singers vanished into thin air. No more new music. Everyone has to go through their days listening to everything in the past that has already been recorded. Radio stations of the world remain the same as they are right at this very moment! SWEET JESUS! So then one night in your deepest sleep a frail old man comes to you and pronounces:

"-Name-, You have been chosen by unknown forces to choose one band to be returned to the world and produce new music for the race of man..."

Before you let him finish you begin to say Pear-.. :lol:

"NOT SO FAST!" he interjects.
"Theres a catch...Only one member from each band throughout the history of the planet will be allowed to join this new band. You may choose any drummer, guitarist, vocalist, conga banger, flute player, piano smasher, ect. They can be deceased or alive, but they will join together and create new music for the world to hear. Your band may consist of 2-6 musicians and you may not have one person who has played in another band with someone else." (EX: Matt Cameron can't be taken from Soundgarden and Eddie from Pearl Jam)

You think to yourself about what your new sounding band could sound like. You think of your favorite musicians and then tell the old man your All time band...

Note: Personality issues aside. Assume all members would gel and be able to work well with one another.

For me this was hard, being able to only pick one member from pearl jam really got me thinking. I desperately wanted to pick stone as my 2nd guitarist just because I love nearly all of his songs. But in the end I decided to go with Eddie Vedder just cause hes changed my life in many ways with his lyrics. My other musicians are listed below. It is interesting to think of the sound that combination would produce. What member of PJ would you include? Would you use any member of PJ? Who are your other's?

My All-Time band(5 Members):
Vocals:Eddie Vedder
Guitar:Jimmy Page
Guitar:Brad Whitford
Bass:Adam Clayton
Drums:Keith Moon
2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2