Options

Jerry Vedder

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited March 2009 in The Porch
Yesterday early evening I was driving back with my folks and my sister and nephew from a fish fry dinner. I was driving and turned the radio on. YLB was playing so I turned it up just alittle bit more. My father sitting up front with me turns and says what is this Jerry Vedder guy even singing about? My mother in the back seat says that's not Jerry Vedder his name is Eddie Vedder even I know that. I bust out laughing and so does my sister and her son along with my mother. My father then replies well whatever his name is he still can't sing worth a darn. And then does a quick impression of Ed. Just kinda grunting and moaning sound. I nearly had to pull over from laughing so hard. My dad laughed and smiled after it was all over :lol: So it's good to know that my dad hasn't lost his sense of humor after all he has gone threw in the past 7 months. :D
Just wanted to share that quick story. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    funny story! :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    lol

My mum calls them 'Pearl' :lol:
    And doesn't realise it's a band and that Eddie had long hair prior to the garden/showbox shows.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yesterday early evening I was driving back with my folks and my sister and nephew from a fish fry dinner. I was driving and turned the radio on. YLB was playing so I turned it up just alittle bit more. My father sitting up front with me turns and says what is this Jerry Vedder guy even singing about? My mother in the back seat says that's not Jerry Vedder his name is Eddie Vedder even I know that. I bust out laughing and so does my sister and her son along with my mother. My father then replies well whatever his name is still can't sing worth a darn. And then does a quick impression of Ed. Just kinda grunting and moaning sound. I nearly had to pull over from laughing so hard. My dad laughed and smiled after it was all over :lol: So it's good to know that my dad hasn't lost his sense of humor after all he has gone threw in the past 7 months. :D
    Just wanted to share that quick story. :)

Great story! LOL
    Thanks for sharing :)

Urs,
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Great story Patrick. I'm glad to hear that your father has maintained a sense of humor.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    LoL Jerry Vedder. funny story thanks for postin.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,937
    Great story! :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    that's a great story!!

And, how come everyone's dad has an awesome Eddie impression?? My dad does it just to crack me up :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    heheee! that is funny. thanks for sharing. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    My brother, who is an ass, calls the band "toe jam". As much as I hate to admit it, it's kinda funny when he says it.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    Hahaha, great story. Funny one going along with it, one of my roommates, when a bunch of my and my friends went to Bonnaroo last summer, he was high or something during PJ's performance, so he said "OMFG, It's JESUS on stage!", and then started doing "huh hah huh", singing along with eddie, in a moaning voice. He actually does that whenever I play some PJ song on guitar, it's funny stuff.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    So where are the dozen threads of "PICS WHERE JERRY LOOKS HOT"? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14