Options

my boss gets it

megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
edited March 2009 in The Porch
so i posted a thread about playing to much pearl jam at work not to long ago
came into the office today and thought i heard yield from down the hall
same dude that was complaining about too much pj has been listening to them all day non stop
says he "gets it now"
i love spreading the gospel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    NICE!!!!!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    same dude that was complaining about too much pj has been listening to them all day non stop
    says he "gets it now"
    Sounds like you have done your good deed for your office folk.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    haha i remember that post...congrats!
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    ha! I love it. I strive to turn my friends into fans that "get it" too...
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    praise be to stone. amen.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    My last job was Customer Service for a small Medical Equipment company. It was me (21) and 5 other people. All women and all over the age of 45. My closest friend was the 45 year old haha. She would always hound me about listening to Pearl Jam all the time, so one day I made her a cd of all acoustic Pearl Jam. And after that it was done, she wanted everything I had! So to quote CJMST3K "Praise be to Stone!"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,001
    My Wife "gets" it!

And she CRANKS it!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    i've gotten just about everyone in my office in the Live at Benaroya Hall album... it's pretty much a staple around here every Thursday afternoon 8-)
    mickeyrat wrote:
    My Wife "gets" it!

And she CRANKS it!!!!

got yourself a keeper there, man ;) my ex HATED PJ... one of the big reasons we didn't work out
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,001
    i've gotten just about everyone in my office in the Live at Benaroya Hall album... it's pretty much a staple around here every Thursday afternoon 8-)
    mickeyrat wrote:
    My Wife "gets" it!

And she CRANKS it!!!!

got yourself a keeper there, man ;) my ex HATED PJ... one of the big reasons we didn't work out
    yeah , the warranty has expired and she's a discontinued model , so yeah SHE's a keeper!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    says he "gets it now"

i remember this! too funny.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    yeah , the warranty has expired and she's a discontinued model , so yeah SHE's a keeper!

:lol::lol::lol:

that's awesome
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    The 60-year-old woman with whom I share my office "gets" it - and every day I'm thankful. She's now able to amaze her 30-something-year-old children with her knowledge of all things Pearl Jam. :D
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    My friend calls me, comes to pick me up.. Brother is playing. I say o cool, what station? He shows me he bought the re-issued CD... LOL.

He didnt like them. I GOT IT TO WORK!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211

My boss has complained before about some of the Pearl Jam I play (and Soundgarden didn't go down well at all!)

After reading this thread, I tried out Benaroya this morning:-

Boss dude: "Who's this your playing?"
    Me: "Pearl Jam, boss dude"
    Boss dude: "This is quite good really, isn't it?"
    Me: :lol:
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    pdh1978 wrote:

My boss has complained before about some of the Pearl Jam I play (and Soundgarden didn't go down well at all!)

awesome
    my boss just ordered sde off amazon this morning
    too funny
    it takes people over
  • Options
    LOVING this thread!

I think we've all 'converted' someone...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    it's always fun to expose people to the fact that they've released a LOT of records since VItalogy. my wife always liked PJ, but had no idea that they had done so much. i made her a mix when we were dating & she freaked out. she raided my iTunes & ripped all of my PJ & added it to her iTunes. now she's addicted! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,182
    when i met my wife, she had nearly all the pearl jam records in her collection. love at first sight. then i found out we share the same birthday (march 27) and it was too much. i think i married the female version of myself. yikes.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    5 points to you!
  • Options
    when i met my wife, she had nearly all the pearl jam records in her collection. love at first sight. then i found out we share the same birthday (march 27) and it was too much. i think i married the female version of myself. yikes.

that's a scary thought!! (just kidding! :D ) happy early b-day, man! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,182
    hey thanks! are you ready for your show this weekend?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hey thanks! are you ready for your show this weekend?

yeah, i think so...

i'm almost done w/ work this morning, so i'm going to run through the sets real quick. i'm pretty nervous, actually. i start getting nervous a couple of days prior, but it all goes away once i start playing. this time's a little different, though. about 75% of the songs are new or have never been played live. it's going to be a lot of fun, though!!! can't wait! 8-)

plus, the bonus is that i won;t have to miss the KU game(s)! ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pdh1978 wrote:

NICE!!! :mrgreen::lol:

that album is perfect in that every PJ fan i know LOVES to hear them play acoustic, people who aren't sure they like or don't like the band seem to be drawn to it, and those who have delicate sensibilities and refuse to like PJ aren't offended too much by it