Options

Love Reign O'er Me

JF170492JF170492 Posts: 12
edited March 2009 in The Porch
I've searched the forum, but couldn't find an answer to my specific question. I'm a brand new member of 10c, although I've been a die hard fan since the beginning. However, since I haven't been a 10c member, I haven't had the pleasure of the Christmas singles.

As I'm looking for a recording of Love Reign O'er Me, my question is if it's possible to buy that Christmas single somehow (cause I guess it's been released as such?).

I love the song and had the pleasure of hearing it live in Copenhagen the last time around:o)

Hopefully, one of you guys can help me in my search;o)

//Jean
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,084
    You can email ten club and ask to order most past Christmas singles. Although since you are not a ten club member you may not be able to. If you join you will for sure be able to order most past singles. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Check your PMs
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,092
    http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/b-sides/

you can download an mp3 copy of the christmas single there!

would recommend emailing 10club to see if they still have any singles left for sale.
    if not, best bet to wait & see if any fans here have a double to hook you up.
    last resort, is ebay.com

ps .. pearl jam's version of love reign o'er me is one of my favorite covers .. of all time.
    when ed screams out those words, it get's me pretty emotional.
    you gotta check out vh1's tribute to the who & hear a few '08 live show's pj did last july!

:)
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    You can email ten club and ask to order most past Christmas singles. Although since you are not a ten club member you may not be able to. If you join you will for sure be able to order most past singles. I hope that helps.
    Just wanted to point out that they clearly stated they were, in fact, a new member of 10c.
    In fact, they would not have been able to post here were they not a member.

I am sorry to bitch. Lack of reading comprehension is a major pet peeve of mine.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    JF170492 wrote:
    I've searched the forum, but couldn't find an answer to my specific question. I'm a brand new member of 10c, although I've been a die hard fan since the beginning. However, since I haven't been a 10c member, I haven't had the pleasure of the Christmas singles.

As I'm looking for a recording of Love Reign O'er Me, my question is if it's possible to buy that Christmas single somehow (cause I guess it's been released as such?).

I love the song and had the pleasure of hearing it live in Copenhagen the last time around:o)

Hopefully, one of you guys can help me in my search;o)

//Jean

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14938
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:

Really? E-mailing them right now. Thanks. I wish I had known this sooner.
    04/12/08
    04/13/08
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 370
    Love that song! Agree with demetrios, one of my favorite covers as well. Its my current ringtone actually - I made it myself, so I got the exact part of the song that I wanted. :D
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Just wanted to point out that they clearly stated they were, in fact, a new member of 10c.

I am sorry to bitch. Lack of reading comprehension is a major pet peeve of mine.

People who think a freaking message board is an English class is my pet peeve....I grew up in Bristol, I know you didn't get all snobby from there. Must be a transplant.
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,001

People who think a freaking message board is an English class is my pet peeve....I grew up in Bristol, I know you didn't get all snobby from there. Must be a transplant.
    what about literacy. That bother you?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    probably my favorite cover that Pearl Jam does...

that 6-26-07 Copenhagen show has been in constant rotation on the iPod ever since i found it
  • Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    the only bad part about the X-mas single version is that they hacked off about a minute or so of the piano intro. The promo CD version is MUCH better :)
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,084

Thanks Dirt Like Me. This isn't a reading comprehension class. I usually read this board while doing other things and was SKIMMING through the post, not reading the entire thing. I simply wanted to help a person out by posting my knowledge of 10C having old Christmas singles available. I guess I will be hesitant to help next time because of buttholes like Sharon_Hearts_PJ.
  • Options
    JF170492JF170492 Posts: 12
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far :)

Before I go ahead and try to obtain a Christmas single via 10c I just wanted to ask if the Christmas singles are only distributed in vinyl?

And someone spoke of a promo cd with the song on it - any idea of how to get a hold of this?

It could be that it is ultimately to difficult to get a hard copy of the song - so I might need to make due with a downloadable version which is also ok - then I just need to find the best version available - I will check out the place Demetrios posted ;)
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I am a transplant, in fact, and am bothered daily by how illiterate folks in PA seem to be. Thanks.
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Thanks Dirt Like Me. This isn't a reading comprehension class. I usually read this board while doing other things and was SKIMMING through the post, not reading the entire thing. I simply wanted to help a person out by posting my knowledge of 10C having old Christmas singles available. I guess I will be hesitant to help next time because of buttholes like Sharon_Hearts_PJ.
    You can call me all of the names you'd like, but it's obviously just a defense mechanism for making a mistake in the first place.
    It truly drives me nuts when people do not read before they reply, and I'm sorry I singled you out. It happens all over these world wide webs. It's ridiculous. But I would love to see how much you get accomplished when it comes to the other things you're working on while SKIMMING this board.
    And please don't let me stop you from being helpful. You actually did give them the answer they needed. Just do the world a favor and use some basic reading skills while you help. Our younger generations are becoming lazier and increasingly complacent when it comes to spelling and grammar. It's rather pathetic.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    PEARL JAM'S COVER IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!
    A kid at my school was playing that song on piano the other day and I thought of Pearl Jam not The Who :lol:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009