Does anyone care to help me?

Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
edited March 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a question. I have been a self proclaimed writer for practically my whole life. I have shown it to very few people but, have gotten good comments on it (except when I post it on the message boards...I get very few responses).

I do not think that it sucks...but, I have always wanted to know how to turn my poetry into lyrics. My dream (probably similar to others) is to hear someone sing my words. I am not a singer and cannot even attempt to try to be.

I am able to write without really trying and it sort of just comes easily but I have not been able to make the transition from poetry to lyrics. I think this is mostly because I know no one who would be able to take it the next step and put it to music.

So, my question is, is there anyone out there that would be interested in helping me with this process? I always have a feeling in my gut that I should do something with my writing and it may be something that people can connect with.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PappasPappas Posts: 809
    there's really no transition mate you just take them and implement them into songs, just really have to get someone whos a singer to work out good melodies for the words

ie K Cobain would get random lines from his poems and put them together to form songs. Alot of the stuff Layne Staley wrote came from words from his poems, in fact most of the lyrics to Mad Season are from his poems (he also made some up on the spot though).

so you pretty much take your words, and then put melodies to them and you have vocals for a song!

PS - in case you don't know, melody is the way you sing the words and the notes you use when pronouncing them

you can sing 1 line in many different ways using different melodies

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99