Options

Probably Pointed Out 17 Years Ago, But Did You Notice...

tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
edited March 2009 in The Porch
I'm probably pointing out something that has been pointed out 173 times already, but why are Even Flow and Porch shown on the Unplugged DVD in the opposite order of how they were played? I'm pretty sure Porch was played before Even Flow... right?
8-31-98 - Raleigh
8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
4-16-03 - Charlotte
5-27-06 - Camden 1
5-28-06 - Camden 2
5-30-06 - DC
6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
6-22-08 - DC
5-13-10 - Bristow
10-27-13 - Baltimore
10-29-13 - Charlottesville
4-18-16 - Hampton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RG52466RG52466 Posts: 7
    Dunno why they are in that order but yeah, Porch was played before Even Flow - you can see the writing on Ed's arm during Even Flow, that he does during the jam in Porch!
    The thing that always struck me is that at the end of Porch they do the 'rocknroll ending' thing, knocking things over and throwing guitars around and then leave the set - so did they come back and do Even Flow and RITFW as an encore?
  • Options
    its a tv show they could have done the song 3 times... Anybody go to that?
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    It's just the way MTV wanted to air it. The way Porch ended made for a better overall ending. It looks ridiculous, but that's the magic of TV...lol
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Someone else posted in another thread that they though it was because it seemed like Porch was more of a natural ending with it being so climactic (Jeff on the drums/ ev on the stool) and ev thanking people after the song. If this was MTV's/Sony's line of logic I'd understand why they changed the order. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    RG52466RG52466 Posts: 7
    CB29798 wrote:
    Someone else posted in another thread that they though it was because it seemed like Porch was more of a natural ending with it being so climactic (Jeff on the drums/ ev on the stool) and ev thanking people after the song. If this was MTV's/Sony's line of logic I'd understand why they changed the order. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

That would make sense! Thanks :)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    edited March 2009
    after getting this official copy, i thought i would be able to donate my bootleg with the counter on it at the next pre party, but, its got oceans, the songs are in the order they happened and RITFW is on it, so why would i get rid of it? no way....

not a complaint, its nice to have both takes on the performance
    Post edited by restlesssoul on
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    RG52466 wrote:
    Dunno why they are in that order but yeah, Porch was played before Even Flow - you can see the writing on Ed's arm during Even Flow, that he does during the jam in Porch!
    The thing that always struck me is that at the end of Porch they do the 'rocknroll ending' thing, knocking things over and throwing guitars around and then leave the set - so did they come back and do Even Flow and RITFW as an encore?

to my knowledge, from the Unplugged CD i have, that they did take a break/encore and came back and played Even Flow then RITFW
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011