Options

WOW THIS BOXSET IS BRinging me back to 1992-93 all over

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited March 2009 in The Porch
I was in 9th grade 12-13 i think....It was a late school night i couldnt sleep... so i turned on MTv ..HEADBANGERS BALL w/ Matt Pinfeild or RICKY RAKMEN dont remeber... he was talking about some new "seattle" sound playing some new artest...the first video he played was by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.... then i wanna say Stone Temple Pilots.. PLUSH.. fucked up vidoe by the way.....then a new band called Pearl Jam video JEREMY.. the next morning every one was talking about show...how amazing it was ...it was the buzz till the weekend ...i made my mother take me to a local record store to buy the tape ..(STILL THERE TODAY.. BOOTLEG HEAVEN ) ... i played side A for about two weeks till i finally turned it over.. It was amazing you had ONCE..then EVEN FLOW..ALIVE..WHY GO..black.. the knock out punch..JEREMY... it was liek i got hit in the face with a baseball bat and i FUCKING LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT.. i wanted more. so i ended going back to that very same record store three weeks later asking for more pearl jam..and thats when the SHIT HIT THE FAN.....i was introduced to BOOTLEGS... they had tons of them ..my first boot was TIVOLI .then "SMALL CLUB" then MTv UNPLUGGED .. i had them all, spent $1000s over the years at $25 for a single cd boot to $50 for a doudle cd boot.. it was just last year i sold my collection i had over 200 cds just pearl jam.i got $150 for them all..... i had them up on ebay.. alot of you guys kept telling me and asking to sell them individualy .. but i said no... they were a "happy family" didnt want to split them up...

got a litte side tracked there sorry my first pearl jam show was CBGBs' became a fan club member that year...CLOUD RIDE EVER SINCE i dont and HAVE NOT missed a show in NY,NJ,CT...every one since 1992.....

well thats my story hope you like it....

P.S. if your out there take good care of those CDs i worked my ass off for that collection...
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    nice post
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    it did the same for me, I went through the pages of that book and there is a stub from the Orlando show I attended back in 1992 and like a hotel pass or something like that has the date of the my very first concert ever, on July 13 1991 at The Marquee Room in NYC...

It was so AWESOME to go through that book....
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mrs_Vedder78
    crazyhairpit.jpg
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    i just finished sitting and watching the Unplugged DVD... twice :shock:

i also just finished my Drop In The Park download, and ripped everything (DITP, Redux, Remaster) into my iPod. so now i can take this set with me everywhere, and enjoy the vinyl at home :D
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    It's taken me back too, I was a 16 year old High School student the first time I heard Pearl Jam (Alive) in 1991. I remember I must have purchased about half a dozen "Singles" soundtrack Cassettes in 1992, I was one of the first to get my drivers license and everyone who got in my car listened to "Breath" and "State of Love and Trust" and would ask to borrow the tape and promised to give it back. Never to see it again I would have to go out and buy it again, seriously between friends borrowing and not giving back to break ups with girlfriends who would keep them I must have purchased dozens of the "Singles" sound track cassettes or CDs over the years.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, 1993-1994. In 1993 when Vs came out I was a big shot High School senior, I can vividly remember friends cutting out of school to go to the mall the day Vs came out to buy the cd. I know it's been said a million times but Pearl Jam has been the sound track of my life.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    STT757 wrote:
    It's taken me back too, I was a 16 year old High School student the first time I heard Pearl Jam (Alive) in 1991. I remember I must have purchased about half a dozen "Singles" soundtrack Cassettes in 1992, I was one of the first to get my drivers license and everyone who got in my car listened to "Breath" and "State of Love and Trust" and would ask to borrow the tape and promised to give it back. Never to see it again I would have to go out and buy it again, seriously between friends borrowing and not giving back to break ups with girlfriends who would keep them I must have purchased dozens of the "Singles" sound track cassettes or CDs over the years.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, 1993-1994. In 1993 when Vs came out I was a big shot High School senior, I can vividly remember friends cutting out of school to go to the mall the day Vs came out to buy the cd. I know it's been said a million times but Pearl Jam has been the sound track of my life.

i happen to get the Vs cd five days prior to the release date...that same record store would put ANY cd they got out for sale the second they got it..they still do it till this day...i went there to preorder the Vs cd a week before the release date...the guy didnt even say anything to me he just pointed at this HUGE picture of a goat in the middle of the store...i turned back to him and said...and i quote...."this store fucking kicks ass..i will not buy a cd/record any place else"....AND I HAVENT...like i sad in the OP i would go there once a week for

SIDE NOTE kinda GAY....... my girlfriend TWILIGHT freak. 26 years old....wanted the dvd they came out last friday night... so we went a week prior to just see if they had the dvd out yet..........SAME GUY looked at me and her and just pointed to the twilight display.....SHE PISED HER PANTS LIKE SHE WAS 12........

GUESS WHAT WAS NEXT TO THAT VERY SAME DISPLAY................. you guessed it PEARL JAM BOXSETS UP THE ASS... TWO WEEKS BEFPE THEY WENT ONE SALE
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315
    I stayed up pretty late last night listening to the vinyl and perusing the notebook and getting just a general sense of nostalgia and joy. Ten was (it's still is actually) an album that was integral in a very formative time of my life. I was in high school and going through the typical teen angst nonsense. Although I was more into hardcore and punk, Pearl Jam's music spoke to me at a deep level. Sounds cliched, I know.

This box set has brought back a lot of good and not-so good memories of those days. But you know what?...I wouldn't trade those memories and experiences for anything. Thank you Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    im liking the direction of this post..... KEEP UP THE GOOD STORIES of when you first POPED TEN INTO YOUR LIFE.........
  • Options
    lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    Yeah, this is bringing back alot of memories, I was in 7th grade at the time when my friend handed my the cassette single he had of alive. And it's been a journey ever since.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315
    I almost forgot to add a somewhat humorous (looking back on it) story. Ten was already out and I was hooked on it. Enough so, that the band I was in had a few songs in our repertoire . Anyways. There was this girl I had a major crush on. I was trying my damndest to get her to notice me and take a liking to me. Everything failed. My friends and I went to a party where I knew she would be there and that was the only reason I was going. Long, drawn-out story short...she's there with some dude...I was crushed. I proceeded to get very drunk and on the ride home, I proceeded to listen to "Black" over and over again until I my friends dropped me off home. I must've played that song repeatedly at least 15 times.

Looking back on it, I can't help but think how naive I was. To think that back then (1992), that was my biggest "problem" or stress...getting rejected by a girl. :lol:
  • Options
    I like this store that has everything on sale early. I wish we had one of those.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    ah yes brought be back to '91/'92 ... i remember buying the cassette and listening to it on a walkman right outside of the store on a bench in the middle of the mall. i had to be 11 or 12 years old ... good god its almost been TWENTY years since then. I feel old, but also appreciative that I made it to this age ... and PJ was a big help.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    I like this store that has everything on sale early. I wish we had one of those.
    its great...every store gets them about a week or more in advance so they can figure out where to put the display...gifts etc etc etc...JUST ASK YOU NEVER KNOW