Options

This is a disgrace!

AudreyAudrey Posts: 9
edited July 2008 in The Porch
You know, some people couldn't get tickets (fan club members included) and then this douche is selling them for $600!!!
To top it off he is a fan club member! He should have his fan club membership revoked!

For Patriots' season ticket holders' they can lose their tickets if they are found scalping their tickets.

Shame on you Mark. You are undeserving! The only way you can be redeemed is if you are donating the $600 to charity.

Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam at Opera House 8/1 Aug 1 - Fan Club Tickets! - $600

Reply to: sale-773061282@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-28, 11:38AM EDT

I have a pair of fanclub tickets to the first show of the tour, Aug 1 (8/1). I do not have the seat location yet as they will be delivered day of show. Tickets are always premium and I have been a member for over 10 years. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will meet you at show and pick up from will call. I am looking for $600 for the pair

Thanks,
Mark
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    take it up with 10c ... theyll prob suspend his membership
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    pretty ballsy giving his name and saying how long hes been in the fanclub... shouldnt be hard out of the 100 or so pairs of tickets that night to pinpoint the guy named mark whose been in 10C for 10 yrs

go get him 10C!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    Not so much ballsy but stupid. What an idiot. He deserves to lose his membership.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    in all honesty......at what point is the "sale price" ridiculous?

1 dollar over the purchase price??10 dollars.???100 dollars??? i am curious to understand.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

1 dollar over the purchase price??10 dollars.???100 dollars??? i am curious to understand.
    in this case, anything over face value is "ridiculous" IMO... not just ridiculous but against 10C policy... not cool

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    sgossard3 wrote:
    in this case, anything over face value is "ridiculous" IMO... not just ridiculous but against 10C policy... not cool
    hey man....good to see you.

ok let me restate my question. at what price would you turn the guy into 10c? from what i read in your post it seems to me that you would turn them in at a .10 over face value...........or not.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    hey man....good to see you.

ok let me restate my question. at what price would you turn the guy into 10c? from what i read in your post it seems to me that you would turn them in at a .10 over face value...........or not.
    good point... i see what youre saying... theres a certain "how much over face" to "how much effort it takes for me to email 10C" ratio... not sure of the exact math... theres also of course the variable of "did i want to get tickets to this show and get shut out?"... i prefer just to pipe in on threads like this and hope the thread starter took the initiative to email 10C directly about it...

• Options
    I would pay $600 or even $1000 to see my favorite band Pearl Jam in concert.
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    I would pay $600 or even $1000 to see my favorite band Pearl Jam in concert.
    I would too, but thats not the issue here I guess.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    SpeakersSpeakers Posts: 252
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Ban all Marks and Marcs from the Boston area. Sorry but if you have a glass full of polluted water, you have to throw it all out, you can't pick and choose the clean parts.
  • Options
    Speakers wrote:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Ban all Marks and Marcs from the Boston area. Sorry but if you have a glass full of polluted water, you have to throw it all out, you can't pick and choose the clean parts.

So what is stopping someone from posting an add with name john and been member over 10 years from Chicago and we kick out all Johns from Chicago and the post was made by Ben from Detroit
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

Its not the price - whats ridiculous is that fan club members get these premium seats simply to sell them and make a profit. If you dont/cant go to the show, leave the tickets for the members who truly want to go, but often cant get tickets (like me :) )
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    Okum wrote:
    So what is stopping someone from posting an add with name john and been member over 10 years from Chicago and we kick out all Johns from Chicago and the post was made by Ben from Detroit
    what is stopping someone named okum from understanding a joke? :p

• Options
    Yeah, you probably should tell Ten Club, and at the same time don't forget to tell the teacher she didn't assign any homework for the weekend.
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    [email]xxxxxxxxxxx[/email]

[personal information removed by Admin. Do not repost it. Thank you.]

Probably fake.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I reported him today.
  • Options
    AudreyAudrey Posts: 9
    What really bothers me most about "Mark" is what he is doing and how it ruins our 10c privilege.

PJ doesn't have to give us premium seats. As we all know, most bands do not offer what they offer us. I have been a member of the fan club since 94 and have seen them TONS of times! I tried to get tickets (for EV solo) the day they went on sale, not just 10c tix but even on ticketmaster. To no avail I couldn't get tickets along with many others who I'm sure were dying to go. Normally, I would pay any price to see PJ but as I get older and hold more responsibilities, it isn't as easy as it was when I was 18 with no worries.

Now, I'm fine with the fact that I'm not going, but I'm not fine with someone taking advantage of the 10c membership. I'm sure there are many others that do this but are just smart enough not disclose that they are 10c tickets. However, if someone is going to post it for the world to see, well, then they deserve to get caught. If we just ignore it, then more people are going to think they can get away with it and then what will happen next? Will we lose our chances for premium PJ seats?

In general, I don't like scalping, but have I bought tickets (non 10c) that were more than the orignal price? - of course I have. However, there is a reason why PJ doesn't mail the tickets to us in advance - to cut down on scalping. IMO, I just feel the 10c tickets should be "handled with care", so to speak.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Audrey wrote:
    What really bothers me most about "Mark" is what he is doing and how it ruins our 10c privilege.

PJ doesn't have to give us premium seats. As we all know, most bands do not offer what they offer us. I have been a member of the fan club since 94 and have seen them TONS of times! I tried to get tickets (for EV solo) the day they went on sale, not just 10c tix but even on ticketmaster. To no avail I couldn't get tickets along with many others who I'm sure were dying to go. Normally, I would pay any price to see PJ but as I get older and hold more responsibilities, it isn't as easy as it was when I was 18 with no worries.

Now, I'm fine with the fact that I'm not going, but I'm not fine with someone taking advantage of the 10c membership. I'm sure there are many others that do this but are just smart enough not disclose that they are 10c tickets. However, if someone is going to post it for the world to see, well, then they deserve to get caught. If we just ignore it, then more people are going to think they can get away with it and then what will happen next? Will we lose our chances for premium PJ seats?

In general, I don't like scalping, but have I bought tickets (non 10c) that were more than the orignal price? - of course I have. However, there is a reason why PJ doesn't mail the tickets to us in advance - to cut down on scalping. IMO, I just feel the 10c tickets should be "handled with care", so to speak.

Yep...not getting the tix mailed is a pain in the butt often, but it's for the right reasons...so you have to enforce the rules and kick people out that are abusing it...that way, at least the pain in the butt is worth it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    Audrey wrote:

Not to worry. This is great! One bad apple and he gets exposed for all to see. That's a great deterrent, NOT that any of the rest of us would scalp 10c seats.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Audrey wrote:

Hey do you want tix to the show he was selling for? If so maybe you can PM me your member # and name, and I'll forward it onto the TC with the email I sent them today. It's not likely gonna happen, but since you got it all started I think you deserve the "extra" tickets.
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Hey do you want tix to the show he was selling for? If so maybe you can PM me your member # and name, and I'll forward it onto the TC with the email I sent them today. It's not likely gonna happen, but since you got it all started I think you deserve the "extra" tickets.

that would be so cool if that actually happened though
    :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    SpeakersSpeakers Posts: 252
    sgossard3 wrote:
    what is stopping someone named okum from understanding a joke? :p

Thanks. I thought I was in the twilight zone for a second because the other thread was exactly the same. It was like a dream that when you wake up you try to close your eyes again and continue it. This thread didn't turn out like my dream. :(
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    I'm assuming something different from what it seems others are thinking. It sounds like others are saying that this guy is/was abusing his 10C privileges, and he should let the true fans get the tickets if he doesn't want them, etc. I think this sort of assumes that he loves (even likes) this band and respects its fans.

I'm thinking more along these lines... this d-bag was only a 10C member to take advantage of fans. He may not even own a PJ CD (or sold his copy of Ten, the only album he owned, a long time ago). Anyone who knows anything about PJ knows what loyal fans they have, and they know that a lot of us will pay a lot to see them because we truly do appreciate their music and the different ways they have touched our lives. I think there are a number of people who only joined the 10C purposely to scam people when opportunities like a solo EV show or whatever come up. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    Mark was kicked out of 10C and will not be seeing any ED shows.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    what an idiot that guy is...

nobody said being a Pearl Jam fan makes you smart ;)