Options

The "Someone stole my Super Deluxe set from my door" thread

We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
edited March 2009 in The Porch
UPS' website told me that my Super Deluxe set was left on my apartment front door at 1:27 PM. I went to my neighbors, the superintendents in both my apartment buildings, the mailrooms in both my apartment buildings, and the guy at the security gate, and some random other apartments that might have been mistaken for mine. Nothing. :cry:

I'll give it another day or so, and then ask the Ten Club to put a tracer on the package, and either find it or get another one.
If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If UPS claims that the package was delivered then its your word against UPS. Hopefully, you'll get the set that your ordered. However, I am wondering how Ten Club would handle this. Theoretically, anyone can say that they didn't receive the set even if they did to try to get an extra set sent to them.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    I had that fear too. Mine arrived today in CT but i'm in NJ visiting my gf. I really love this girl to be waiting for this set for months and then to prolong the wait three more days. Anyways the tracking info said it was left on the front porch and nobody was gonna be home for 3 hrs...luckily nobody took it and it's safe

cant wait to get home and play everything and see if its signed :D
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    I had to sign for my set. US folks dont?
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    The UPS driver left mine at the apt. office. Was out of town over the weekend and wasn't back yet when it got delivered today.

Sucks to have that happen.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    If UPS claims that the package was delivered then its your word against UPS. Hopefully, you'll get the set that your ordered. However, I am wondering how Ten Club would handle this. Theoretically, anyone can say that they didn't receive the set even if they did to try to get an extra set sent to them.

thats why i wish that it req'd signature confirmation...cuz that would avoid any mishaps but gl with your search
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    unless 10C checked off no signature required you are covered and UPS is on the hook. You didn't sign for it. Happend to me with football tickets. They left at my door and they were stolen. Seller did not check off "waiver of signature" and I was made whole by UPS. It will be a bit of a hassle but you will be covered.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    Mark me up for this situation. I posted on another thread regarding this. UPS shows that it was delivered at my place at 11:16am. I left work at 11:30 knowing that the UPS guy would probably leave it outside my door. Get to my place and nothing. Checked with neighbors and other buildings. Nothing. Called Ten Club immediately and they contacted UPS. UPS said it will take 2-3 days for their investigation. If they have no luck finding my package then Ten Club said they will replace it.

Usually I would have such packages shipped to my work, but like I said on the other thread I wasn't sure if I would be at the same office or not so I had it shipped to my place. Damn UPS for just leaving packages out in the open. They should abandon this policy immediately.
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Mine was on my doorstep, safe and sound.

No signature needed here.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

thats why i wish that it req'd signature confirmation...cuz that would avoid any mishaps but gl with your search

But that would cost even MORE $$ and just give people ANOTHER reason to bitch! ;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i live in an apartment building so I guess its different for home owners. UPS will attempt delivery 3 times, then its up to me to go get it from them.

sucks they got stolen. :cry:
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I have caught UPS multiple times just dump stuff on my porch and run. They should not be able to do that shit.
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Luckily my wife was home, when mine came. She told me that she heard a knock on the door and when she answered he was already in his truck and soon to be on his way. My wife his home b/c she just gave birth to our little son. My first her second child.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman