Options

Do the backs, of the postcards predict the future??????

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
edited March 2009 in The Porch
"PEARL JAM 1990-1992 Boxed Set"

Another clue about the re-releases, me thinks.

Goin by years, so the rest of the albums will be done in pairs.

Vs/Vitalogy
No Code/Yield
Binaural/Riot Act
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    I've wondered about this. Ten was the only album I've ever heard anyone in the band complain about the mixing. And they didn't like the way the album art turned out. But you'd think they would've made sure they got it right on the albums that followed - so why would they need to re-release anything else? Unless it's all about the Benjamins. I'm genuinely confused about why people think there will be more re-releases. Did I miss something?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    I've wondered about this. Ten was the only album I've ever heard anyone in the band complain about the mixing. And they didn't like the way the album art turned out. But you'd think they would've made sure they got it right on the albums that followed - so why would they need to re-release anything else? Unless it's all about the Benjamins. I'm genuinely confused about why people think there will be more re-releases. Did I miss something?

Future re-releases (if any) likely wouldn't be remixed - just remastered. Remastered deluxe editions featuring a 2nd disc of b-sides, alternate mixes, demos, etc. are very common and have been for years. So if PJ were to continue the re-releases, I think it'd more in this vein than what we're getting with Ten.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    Future re-releases (if any) likely wouldn't be remixed - just remastered. Remastered deluxe editions featuring a 2nd disc of b-sides, alternate mixes, demos, etc. are very common and have been for years. So if PJ were to continue the re-releases, I think it'd more in this vein than what we're getting with Ten.
    Ah. Remixed vs remastered is the piece I think I was missing. Thanks!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    triclopstriclops Posts: 40
    DeLukin wrote:

It says this under the announcement of the ten deluxe edition. The reissue of Ten serves as the launch of a planned two-year catalogue re-release campaign leading up to the band’s 20th anniversary in 2011.
    Jones Beach- 08/24/00
    Nassau Coliseum- 04/30/03
    MSG- 07/08/03, 07/09/03
    Continental Airlines Arena- 06/01/06, 06/03/06
    MSG- 06/24/08, 06/25/08
    Barclays Center, Brooklyn 10/19/13
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    Ah. Remixed vs remastered is the piece I think I was missing. Thanks!

My pleasure - now I just hope I'm right, lol!
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    [quote=" Remastered deluxe editions featuring a 2nd disc of b-sides, alternate mixes, demos, etc. are very common and have been for years. So if PJ were to continue the re-releases, I think it'd more in this vein than what we're getting with Ten.[/quote]
    I for one would like this, really want to hear the Avocado b sides
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    The reissue plan is all because of Sony, so I doubt Avocado will be reissued since that wasn't released on Sony.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    The reissue plan is all because of Sony, so I doubt Avocado will be reissued since that wasn't released on Sony.

J Records is a subsidiary of Sony
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

if i'm not mistaken, i think J records was brought on to handle distribution...not the actually 'release'.

can anyone clear that up?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

if i'm not mistaken, i think J records was brought on to handle distribution...not the actually 'release'.

can anyone clear that up?

Pretty sure they signed a 1 album deal with J Records which included everything (recording, promotion, distribution etc)
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    Hasn't this already been posted by 10c or Kelly Curtis...that the band will be re-releasing all their albums, one each year, leading up the band's 25th Anniversary.
  • Options
    someday wrote:
    Hasn't this already been posted by 10c or Kelly Curtis...that the band will be re-releasing all their albums, one each year, leading up the band's 25th Anniversary.

Yep
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    someday wrote:

Yep

Nope. They are reissuing them leading up to their 20th anniversary in 2011. They should all be be reissued within the next few years. I don't think it's been said whether or not S/T will be reissued, but the overwhelming thought is that it won't.

This was all outlined in the initial press release for the Ten reissue.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    someday wrote:

Yep

Nope. They are reissuing them leading up to their 20th anniversary in 2011. They should all be be reissued within the next few years. I don't think it's been said whether or not S/T will be reissued, but the overwhelming thought is that it won't.

This was all outlined in the initial press release for the Ten reissue.

My mistake. I skim read the previous post and missed the "one each year" part :oops:
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 786
    Call me crazy, but I think it would be a shame to group albums such as Vs. and Vitalogy together as they are such different works and represent different times in the bands careers. Plus, I would rather see each album showcased for the piece of art that it is and not just lumped together for convenience. How does No Code share a box with Yield, for example?
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    mdgsolo wrote:
    Call me crazy, but I think it would be a shame to group albums such as Vs. and Vitalogy together as they are such different works and represent different times in the bands careers. Plus, I would rather see each album showcased for the piece of art that it is and not just lumped together for convenience. How does No Code share a box with Yield, for example?

I highly doubt they will combine 2 albums together. Each album is distinct all by themselves and deserve to be re-released seperately. Also, it wouldn't make much sense for Sony b/c they want as much dough as they can possibly get their hands on. Just my opinion...
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,003
    I could see 2 individual remastered CDs each with a bonus disc (not that different from the standard Legacy Ten edition) hit the shelves as well the 2 individual albums on vinyl , BUT a SDE featuring, all discs, both vinyls and a 2x12" Live LP from 1993-95.

A good question for discussion, assuming that they do this, what show would they pick?

Something from Spring 94? Atlanta?

Summer 95? Chicago?
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if they offered the super deluxe style packaging for the following re-releases as a separate purchase, so to house the next few albums and continue the theme started with the "Ten" super deluxe packaging