Options

Just want to ask...

NoOne'sRivalNoOne'sRival Posts: 299
edited March 2009 in The Porch
...why is PJ the only band that one can listen to constantly, over and over again, day in and day out for months and months on end? I have tried starting my day listening to say U2 or the Peppers...not the same. I have, in the past, in my long career of listenting to music, played Zeppelin and The Who and of course, The Dead, repeatedly for days on end...but, again, not the same. No music, mainstream or not, has captured me the way that this band's has. Whether it's the riffs, the plucks the strums, the voice, the beat, the differences between each song's composition or each and every story told...it's something I must hear on a daily basis and I need to know why I am addicted?
We know they put addictive drugs into cigarettes...what is it that these guys are lacing their music with that I can't get enough of??
Not that it really matters, 'cause I'd still listen, and thank GOD it's something that won't wind up destroying me if I overendulge because the withdrawals I would have to endure to refrain from listening would.

Just wanted to ask, cause I know there are those who also feel the same..enjoy! ;)
"Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
"Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,914
    You know how people say that certain music hits them in just such a way? These guys are bullseye all the way. Have NO idea either what it is , really think , since you've asked , it's the total package.

Sometimes feel a little foolish listening to so much PJ. Anytime I'm in a store that has music for sale I make a beeline for the P section!!! You never know!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,362
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Sometimes feel a little foolish listening to so much PJ. Anytime I'm in a store that has music for sale I make a beeline for the P section!!! You never know!!

I know! I've found some decently priced promos and unofficial boots in the P section before. :)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,914
    It's gotten to point , that when I listen to the radio(on the odd occasion) and I hear one of PJ's staple covers like RITFW and it's Neil singing HIS song I'm like WTF who IS this!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    footsteps38footsteps38 Posts: 100
    For Me it's defenitley the way it makes me feel. I also pretty much listen to them everyday. Some days its Mike's solos that Hit me, Sometimes the lyrics, sometimes the thought of stoney doing his duck walk while hes jammin or the thought of Mike's tell tale sign hes about to go off (running in a circle). So many different things that keeps me into this band. Also its the peeps, i have met so many great people at shows and all of that just makes me come back for more... Funny how it works, if it wasnt for PJ covering other bands i may have never really gotten into other bands.
    Bob
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I haven't stopped listening to them since I fell in love with No Code.
    I am going to be away overseas for 6 weeks, I am definitely taking all my albums on my mp3 player.
    I can't imagine 6 weeks without their music.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I, too, have found some enjoyable music I would not have otherwise been privvy to if not for PJ's covers, especially some of the songs Ed covered during the solo tour...

To: Thoughts Arrive: have a great trip & a safe trip!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    jamlreap wrote:
    I, too, have found some enjoyable music I would not have otherwise been privvy to if not for PJ's covers, especially some of the songs Ed covered during the solo tour...

To: Thoughts Arrive: have a great trip & a safe trip!

Thanks dude, 3 months to go!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    mickeyrat wrote:
    It's gotten to point , that when I listen to the radio(on the odd occasion) and I hear one of PJ's staple covers like RITFW and it's Neil singing HIS song I'm like WTF who IS this!

LOL!
    The other day I was listening to the classic rock station here in Miami and Baba came one (by the Who of course) and the first thing that came to my mind was PJ!
    I guess it's just about how much the band means to you, I was listening to the Who before PJ existed since my dad loves them, but now when that song comes on 9 times out 10 I associated with PJ 8-)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mrs_Vedder78
    crazyhairpit.jpg
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Ed's version of THE REAL ME blew me away when I saw it on the VH1 Rock Honors...I can't listen to The Who without thinking of PJ either, which is alright with me!
    and since seeing Ed's karoke (??) version of Streets Have No Name...it'll never be the same either!