Options

Some Fools Already ebaying Mansfield & Camden tix!!!

Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I love to turn you on
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

Idiots how???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Aren't the idiots the people who bid for them and end up paying a 100-150% markup?
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    MomadanceMomadance Posts: 52

They're not idiots. Ticketmaster sells a certain amount of tickets directly to scalpers and brokers.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    They are businesspeople offering a service that customers are willing to pay for. To me this is solid entrepreneurship, not being an "idiot". As long as there is a market for it, there will be people who do not want to jump through the hoops that many bands require you to do to get great seats. Pearl Jam happens to treat its fans better than virtually any other band, but to the common music fan with disposable income, the secondary ticket market is a viable option.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Idiots how???

Whaddya mean idiots how? tix haven't even gone on sale yet for these shows and they're asking about 2-3 times the price of a ticket. In my book, that equals Jerkstore Pukestubble.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    Momadance wrote:
    They're not idiots. Ticketmaster sells a certain amount of tickets directly to scalpers and brokers.

Um...they really don't. I've read countless articles on people's perceptions that this occurs, each and every article/investigation proves that this doesn't actually happen. Now, that doesn't mean scalpers don't buy up a ton of season-ticket packages, or use automated programs to buy seats in bulk when they go on sale. But unless you can show me an article stating that venue box offices sell directly to brokers, I don't believe that for a second. Crazy conspiracy theorists....
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Whaddya mean idiots how? tix haven't even gone on sale yet for these shows and they're asking about 2-3 times the price of a ticket. In my book, that equals Jerkstore Pukestubble.

Ummm you do know that you can buy a season pass for certain venues which GUARANTEES you a ticket to every event at that arena??? Why not sell the tickets to a few events which don't interest you in order to pay the total cost of your season pass?? I see no problem with it and its quite smart.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Note: Selling of Ten Club tickets on Ebay though is unacceptable as it takes advantage of a fan friendly system.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Ummm you do know that you can buy a season pass for certain venues which GUARANTEES you a ticket to every event at that arena??? Why not sell the tickets to a few events which don't interest you in order to pay the total cost of your season pass?? I see no problem with it and its quite smart.

TomAAAAto vs. Tomauto. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Get_Right wrote:

ha. it's like a paid programming commercial:

all this for only 3 low payments of $x.xx
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    voodoopug wrote:
    Note: Selling of Ten Club tickets on Ebay though is unacceptable as it takes advantage of a fan friendly system.
    These aren't 10C tix. They are season passes - note allocated seats.

The 10C pair of tix that were on ebay yesterday seem to have disappeared.