Greatest show on TV right now

KR10KR10 Posts: 17
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I cannot believe that no one on this board has brought up the greatest show in TV right now.... East Bound and Down. I think that this is arguably one of the funniest TV shows that I have ever seen. Everyone that I talk to that has seen the show agrees that it is brilliant.

What are everyone's thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• naz4vipernaz4viper Posts: 10
    can't quite comment on that show as i never heard it..
    but my favorite is definitely 24 :) jack bauer rules
  • KR10KR10 Posts: 17
    Its a comedy on HBO about a down on his luck former Major League Baseball relief pitcher who thinks that he is still on top of the world. He has to move back in with his brother and family and take a job as a high school gym coach. It is hilarious. They have aired 5 episodes already and tonight is the season finale. You should definately check it out.
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Heard that show's not bad. No HBO here so I gotta go with South Park with House a very close second for me. Those are the only two I'll ever set aside time to see.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    Yeah I finally got around to watching every episode this weekend ondemand and I have to agree, this show is HILARIOUS.

Highly recommend.
  • KR10 wrote:
    Its a comedy on HBO about a down on his luck former Major League Baseball relief pitcher who thinks that he is still on top of the world. He has to move back in with his brother and family and take a job as a high school gym coach. It is hilarious. They have aired 5 episodes already and tonight is the season finale. You should definately check it out.

Sounds like something I might be interested in. I'll try to check it out this week. As of right now my favorite show on TV has to be "Castle"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    It is a funny show. The guy that stars in it is really funny. I did not like the first episode, but they got better after that.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    LOST. this season is outta control :D
    with 24 a close second
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    Eastbound and Down is hilarious! Danny McBride is great as Kenny Powers... such an asshole. Stevie is hilarious as well.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    smithnic wrote:
    Heard that show's not bad. No HBO here so I gotta go with South Park with House a very close second for me. Those are the only two I'll ever set aside time to see.
    South Park = Best TV show ever, IMO.
    #FHP
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Horos wrote:
    smithnic wrote:

The first episode of this season about Disney and Jonas Bros was priceless.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm Kenny Powers and I throw a baseball hard as FUCK!

-“You’re not the only athlete here at Jeff Davis. I happen to be training for a Triathlon right now. Well, you know all about that.”

Kenny Powers: “No, actually I don’t. I play real sports. I’m not trying to be the best at exercising.”

love this show!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Horos wrote:
    smithnic wrote:

I'm a supporter of this. South Park is genius. Each season they leave my jaw dropped to the floor.

RIght now though, my girlfriend and I are on a Dexter kick...I just can't get enough of that show!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Horos wrote:
    smithnic wrote:

The first episode of this season about Disney and Jonas Bros was priceless.

Yeah, I was drunk and laughing my inappropriate ass off!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • southpark :roll:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    KR10 wrote:

Sounds like something I might be interested in. I'll try to check it out this week. As of right now my favorite show on TV has to be "Castle"
    I just watched the first episode of Castle.. It wasn't bad. I think it may have potential.
  • battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    Lie to Me :shock:
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • californication/entourage
  • KR10KR10 Posts: 17
    californication/entourage

Those are two of my favorite shows as well along with Weeds. I think Californication is one of the best written shows on TV.

I don't know why I love East Bound and Down as much as I do. I just can't help but laugh everytime I see the mullett on Kenny Powers.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    reno 911
    south park
    athf
    family guy

...but simpsons will always have a special place in my heart.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,817
    KR10 wrote:

I just watched the first episode of Castle.. It wasn't bad. I think it may have potential.

especially after this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBY5g8juQ0E
    I miss igotid88
  • arqarq Posts: 8,013
    CJMST3K wrote:
    reno 911
    south park
    athf:shock:
    family guy

ATHF!!! :shock: I thought i was the only one who like ATHF
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Funny...I clicked on this thread thinking I was gonna find something about "The Simpsons"...
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    arq wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    reno 911
    south park
    athf:shock:
    family guy

ATHF!!! :shock: I thought i was the only one who like ATHF

Then you would be FREAKIN' WRONG!

I don't need instructions, to know how to ROCK!
    carl.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • arqarq Posts: 8,013
    I don't need instructions, to know how to ROCK!
    AQUA_TEEN_HUNGER_FORCE_V3_D2-8.jpg

:lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    500x400blkMooninite.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    One we are liking, husband gets that belly laugh going, which I really like to hear him laugh, is Men of a Certain Age. I guess he can relate.
    I really like Andre Braugher (from the movie Duets).
    the show is happy sad kind of thing can make you cry too. Just life you know and facing being old and having it change and slip away.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    It's Always Sunny in Philly

/thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Can't go past "Red Dwarf" :)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    seinfeld reruns :)
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    it's always sunny in philidelphia

honorable mentions for 30 rock and curb your enthusiasm.