Options

Mislead on Vinyl?

elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,254
edited March 2009 in The Porch
I was very dissapointed that my brand new $140.00 super delux edition had the "6 new tracks" only on the CD. Did I miss something somewhere? Did my vinyl come incomplete...Why does the CD include these tracks and not the vinyl? I actually wanted Just a girl, Breath, and SOLAT on vinyl, one of the main reasons I bought this.

I definetly feel mislead on this one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Well if you are familiar w/vinyl, you know they can only fit an hour total on one vinyl. Those extra songs on the CD would never fit on one vinyl. Personally i don't mind but I see you're point on being misled.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    They were listed as "Bonus Tracks" in the box set details. The only difference between "Ten" and "Ten [Remixed]" is the production by O'Brien. The box set included Ten and Ten [Remixed] on vinyl - and the bonus tracks aren't a part of Ten, they're exactly what 10c listed them as - bonus tracks; an incentive for people to rebuy an 18 year old album. Nothing misleading about it.
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    BINGO!
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    I guess you are correct....but they are on my "remixed" CD, why not my "remixed" vinyl. I didnt receive an addtional CD that was labeled "Bonus Tracks", as they were described. Live and learn I guess.

I will definetly be more careful on future re-issues.
  • Options
    DD164485DD164485 Posts: 149
    I guess you are correct....but they are on my "remixed" CD, why not my "remixed" vinyl. I didnt receive an addtional CD that was labeled "Bonus Tracks", as they were described. Live and learn I guess.

We knew this all along.

The extra songs would not fit on the vinyl. They would have had to make the Ten redux a double vinyl to fit the bonus tracks; which would have been rather lame anyways as you would only have a side A and no side B.
  • Options
    I guess you are correct....but they are on my "remixed" CD, why not my "remixed" vinyl.

There's not enough run time left on the Ten vinyl to fit 6 more tracks, so they'd have to add an additional LP. CD's longer runtime means they could add the tracks on there and save some money by not manufacturing an additional disc/artwork/etc.
  • Options
    I didn't realize this either, but I don't feel mislead really ... I just feel like I misunderstood the description. Everyone's explanations certainly make sense. And at least I get to listen to the xtra tracks on the CD. :?
  • Options
    DD164485 wrote:

We knew this all along.

The extra songs would not fit on the vinyl. They would have had to make the Ten redux a double vinyl to fit the bonus tracks; which would have been rather lame anyways as you would only have a side A and no side B.

I completely understand the limitations on vinyl. I guess I just didnt put two and two together, as far as only an A side, you could have put three songs on each side. Or 4 and 2, or 5 and 1....lots of album only have one song on the B side. S/T only has Inside Job and Drop in the Park only has Porch. Wouldnt have been lame at all. I guess I misunderstood, rather than was mislead. Dont get me wrong its still an awesome box set and it will get lots of playtime.

Peace
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    I didn't realize this either, but I don't feel mislead really ... I just feel like I misunderstood the description. Everyone's explanations certainly make sense. And at least I get to listen to the xtra tracks on the CD. :?

ditto, i never thought about it, and was a slight bit disappointed, but overall im happy.

i wouldnt listen to the bonus tracks as part of the album anyway i guess....i see them as add ons.

if it were a Binaural reissue with songs like Fatal, Sad, Moonlight etc featuring in a rearranged album tracklist, then maybe id be pissed if they were left off, but its ok as it is. New Ten, and Classic Ten.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I do not see why they could not have added another "bounus" LP with the extra tracks?

shit the box set has everything else
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    The bonus tracks aren't on the Vinyl? That is bullshit!!! I can burn a CD and add the bonus tracks for free, I have not figured out yet how to make my own LP's. That is one of the reasons I bought it.
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    I do not see why they could not have added another "bounus" LP with the extra tracks?

Sure they could have, but they didn't want to. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't anyway - if there was an lp for the bonus tracks we'd have 100 people up in arms saying it's not necessary and just made it more expensive. Or for some other dumb reason.

It's kind of sad that people just want more, more, more. Look at all the awesome stuff they went out of their way to include in this package. And despite all that cool stuff people still have the balls to say we should have gotten 2 copies of BONUS tracks? Unbelievable
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
    https://www.pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam ... -album-ten

It's been posted here on the boards & on the official site! How were you mislead? :?

Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):

- Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)

- Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: "Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat"
    DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix

LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl

LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien

- LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)

- Cassette: replica of original "Momma-Son" Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps"

Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.