New avatars for Spring

justamjustam Posts: 21,408
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone else feel like changing their avatar for the new season? :geek:

I thought today would be a good day to change to some flowers! :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    I tried to change mine Justam, but it didn't work :( First it defaulted to a PJ icon and when I tried to upload a new pic, it went back to the one that I currently have (even though I deleted it). I'm confused :? :P Any suggestions?

Edit: Disregard - apparently it worked :roll: ;):D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I tried to change mine Justam, but it didn't work :( First it defaulted to a PJ icon and when I tried to upload a new pic, it went back to the one that I currently have (even though I deleted it). I'm confused :? :P Any suggestions?

Edit: Disregard - apparently it worked :roll: ;):D

I had to try twice too. :mrgreen:

For some reason it has to go through that extra default icon before it takes the new pictures. :P

(I like the orange flowers you chose.)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I love flowers but I will have a very hard time giving up my tiara! :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Whoprincess, I found you some flower and crystal crowns! --> ;)

gvcrown6.jpg

FlowerGirlCrown.44125748.JPG

not flowers but nice-->
    5crown8663.jpg

another flower crown:
    http://smedia.vermotion.com/media/17640 ... _crown.JPG
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    ^^^
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    justam wrote:

Spring is a beautiful time of the year. :D The rebirth of everything is just so truly amazing...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    justam wrote:

Spring is a beautiful time of the year. :D The rebirth of everything is just so truly amazing...

So does that mean you'll change to some flowers too? ;):mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    Whoprincess, I found you some flower and crystal crowns! --> ;)
    Thanks, you're very thoughtful! :)
    Maybe I'll just go pose in my garden tomorrow.

DSC02485.jpg
    ^^^ That sounds like a good plan. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    changed mine yesterday. :mrgreen: tulips!
    hope it's showing b/c when i go on the main page, it shows the red pj default logo. i have avatar disabled while at work....so dunno........but they are pretty pink tulips from last year! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Yep, it's working D2D. Very pretty :D

cool. 8-)

i don't understand why it doesn't show on the home page when i sign in, as my old lilypad avatar did. :?: however, we can't view user profiles, etc....so i guess perhaps things are a bit wonky at the moment. who knows...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    beautiful flowers everyone! :D
    changed mine yesterday. :mrgreen: tulips!
    hope it's showing b/c when i go on the main page, it shows the red pj default logo. i have avatar disabled while at work....so dunno........but they are pretty pink tulips from last year! 8-)

I love these!!
    :mrgreen:

I'm switching to some begonias today. These look better than the other picture when cropped into a square. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&

cool. 8-)

i don't understand why it doesn't show on the home page when i sign in, as my old lilypad avatar did. :?: however, we can't view user profiles, etc....so i guess perhaps things are a bit wonky at the moment. who knows...

d2d, I noticed the same thing on the main page. The very first picture I put up as an avatar (some trees) is still up on the main page even though the begonias show up here. Something is odd. There is also now a column of *image file is missing comments building up from each time I've attempted to switch the avatar... :?
    beautiful flowers everyone! :D

:) I like your wave design too!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    definitely wonky, AM. when i first changed it, same thing happened: my lilypads stayed up on the main page, tulips became my avatar...and lots of those same image messages as you mention. i actually tried to change it to a different tulip avatar, and that just never happened. :P

btw - if you are making a SPRING avatar....really should use spring flowers, no? ;) purple coneflowers....begonias....all summer blooms.....how about some crocuses, pansies, tulips, or daffodils? :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

definitely wonky, AM. when i first changed it, same thing happened: my lilypads stayed up on the main page, tulips became my avatar...and lots of those same image messages as you mention. i actually tried to change it to a different tulip avatar, and that just never happened. :P

btw - if you are making a SPRING avatar....really should use spring flowers, no? ;) purple coneflowers....begonias....all summer blooms.....how about some crocuses, pansies, tulips, or daffodils? :lol:

You're more of a gardener than me! I didn't realize the flowers I put up were summer flowers. :? :D

I'll keep these for a week and then change to another type. I cropped a few other pictures that I like. I'll keep the flowers from getting old in the vase. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I'll play!!

Passion flower from my back yard last year.....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    justam wrote:

You're more of a gardener than me! I didn't realize the flowers I put up were summer flowers. :? :D

I'll keep these for a week and then change to another type. I cropped a few other pictures that I like. I'll keep the flowers from getting old in the vase. ;)

:lol:

hyacinths are good spring flowers too!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Yeah, but I don't have any pictures of them. :geek:

I do have some lovely lilac pictures though!!! :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:

Lilacs might be nice to see. They don't grow very well here in Texas.

I haven't changed my avatar yet or been around here much lately because I've been very busy in my garden. Starting a new job next week and I have lots to do now that I won't have all this free time anymore. It's a good problem to have! :D

But keep posting new flowers, everybody! ;)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

btw - if you are making a SPRING avatar....really should use spring flowers, no? ;)

Ooops.

Oh well---mine is for LENT then!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    justam wrote:

i think? some varieties of lilac bllom in spring. :) also forsythia.....hellobores.....lenten roses....muscari (grape hyacinth).

my daffodils and muscari and *just* about bursting to bloom! anyday now i imagine leaving the house and seeing them in bloom. i LOVE spring! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

i think? some varieties of lilac bllom in spring. :) also forsythia.....hellobores.....lenten roses....muscari (grape hyacinth).

my daffodils and muscari and *just* about bursting to bloom! anyday now i imagine leaving the house and seeing them in bloom. i LOVE spring! :mrgreen:
    Where do you live?

Here in Texas my hellebores have been blooming for weeks. Some of my daffodils bloomed last month and others (jonquils really) are blooming now. My star of Bethlehem are just getting started. Snowdrops also bloomed last month and a little bulb called ipheion that has little blue star shaped flowers. I have a fence that is covered with Carolina jessamine that blooms every February and is very fragrant.

I love flowers. I think we need a gardening thread. :)
    Lilacs bloom here in the beginning of May so I think they count as Spring flowers! :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:

Here's some hyacinths for you :D

P4250293-1.jpg

and a lilac

P4260334.jpg

Where do you live?

Here in Texas my hellebores have been blooming for weeks. Some of my daffodils bloomed last month and others (jonquils really) are blooming now. My star of Bethlehem are just getting started. Snowdrops also bloomed last month and a little bulb called ipheion that has little blue star shaped flowers. I have a fence that is covered with Carolina jessamine that blooms every February and is very fragrant.

I love flowers. I think we need a gardening thread. :)

long island, new york. so you definitely have a big head start on your garden than here! may 15th is the *official* last frost date, so only then can plant annuals and such. i see a few of my daffodils have started to open, by next week i imagine them to be in full bloom. 8-)

i have a very shady backyard, so i am more about foliage color and texture, with a few bursts of color with a choice few flowering perennials, and then of course some annuals to brighten it all up. we DO have a gardening thread on the art wall:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=67515
    obviously, just for sharing pictures.
    definitely....a gardening talk thread would be good. have had a few in the past, but not much participation...perhaps start up a new one! :D

fifthelement - nice flowers!

OK - i started a gardening thread!
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=95258
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

A different flower.

I still have to edit a lilac or two to the right size--so this one may also be a summer flower. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    This reminds me, I actually have to get an avatar.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx