Options

Sayin' No (Den Haag, 1992)

freealcibiadesfreealcibiades Posts: 365
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Hey guys,

I am looking for a couple of things for the gremmie.net archive. First is the live version of the song "Sayin' No" played live in Den Haag in 1992. To the best of my knowledge, it's the only instance of this song performed live. I used to have it, but have since lost it. Is this a Fugazi song?

Also, I am looking for a copy of Broken Hearted, when Ed played a set on 3.15.02. I already have Longing to Belong, Satellite, and Goodbye from that set.

If you have these songs please email me or PM me. email is mATgremmieDOTnet. Thanks very much.

-m
member number: 198,xxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yes, it is a fugazi song. sorry i don't have it, only heard it once somewhere.

your site rules, btw.
  • Options
    Don't have what you're looking for, but I sent you an email with something else :D

EDIT: x2
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    that site is awesome
  • Options
    SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    Hey guys,

I am looking for a couple of things for the gremmie.net archive. First is the live version of the song "Sayin' No" played live in Den Haag in 1992. To the best of my knowledge, it's the only instance of this song performed live. I used to have it, but have since lost it. Is this a Fugazi song?

-m

no, it's NOT a Fugazi song....but it is VERY fugazi influenced.
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    no, it's NOT a Fugazi song....but it is VERY fugazi influenced.

it's half a cover of fugazi's 'suggestion' and half not. also i believe it was played a couple more times during 92, but the den haag version is the most complete. i could be wrong.
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    uninnocent wrote:
    it's half a cover of fugazi's 'suggestion' and half not. also i believe it was played a couple more times during 92, but the den haag version is the most complete. i could be wrong.

Eddie used to throw in "Suggestion" by Fugazi here and there, but "Saying No" is definitely no "Sugestion"

This is the part of "Suggestion" I've heard him do:
    She does nothing to deserve it
    He only wants to observe it
    We sit back like they taught us
    We keep quiet like they taught us
    He just wants to prove it
    She does nothing to remove it
    We don't want anyone to mind us
    So we play the roles that they assigned us
    She does nothing to conceal it
    He touches her 'cause he wants to feel it
    We blame her for being there

"Saying No" is totally different.
  • Options
    They used to also throw in a few lines of "Waiting Room" by Fugazi, but still....that s not "Saying No". As far as I know "Saying No" is a Pearl Jam original.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    Eddie used to throw in "Suggestion" by Fugazi here and there, but "Saying No" is definitely no "Sugestion"

This is the part of "Suggestion" I've heard him do:
    She does nothing to deserve it
    He only wants to observe it
    We sit back like they taught us
    We keep quiet like they taught us
    He just wants to prove it
    She does nothing to remove it
    We don't want anyone to mind us
    So we play the roles that they assigned us
    She does nothing to conceal it
    He touches her 'cause he wants to feel it
    We blame her for being there

"Saying No" is totally different.

...and this is why i said i could be wrong. now, of course, i'll never be wrong on this subject again.
  • Options
    uninnocent wrote:
    ...and this is why i said i could be wrong. now, of course, i'll never be wrong on this subject again.

I don't know if you thought I was trying to be a dick somehow, but I wasn't. I was just throwing that out there.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    I don't know if you thought I was trying to be a dick somehow, but I wasn't. I was just throwing that out there.

nah, i appreciated your response. oh and thanks for the tidbit of ed doing a couple lines of 'waiting room', i'll be tracking down any versions of that which i can find.