Options

pearl jam volcom "ten" tshirt and vinyl

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Thanks, havent got a clue what size to get, may just get a medium.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    meh.
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    i don't see the big deal about a t-shirt.. Looks like a million other PJ shirts.
  • Options
    ZosoCat wrote:
    i don't see the big deal about a t-shirt.. Looks like a million other PJ shirts.

for me, I'm paying for the vinyl and getting the shirt for free. Other than Benny Hall, how many other records have been hand numbered? I have several numbered, limited vinyls, but none others have been hand numbered, and yes I know they aren't hand numbered by PJ, but it doesn't matter. Check the price this is going for in a couple years.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Got it just for the vinyl.....if anyone wants a XXL shirt for $20...it's yours.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,308
    This is one ugly shirt. Cheap design.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    This is one ugly shirt. Cheap design.

Yeah the shirt is ugly but I ordered it for the vinyl!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Got 4 :shock:
    Free Shipping to USA

wow, thats pretty excessive.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Free Shipping to USA

I hope they only send you one vinyl
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Free Shipping to USA

Everybody knows buying multiple copies of anything PJ related pays off to those who do it. I paid $90 for the Into The Wild vinyl. Would have bought 3 back then had I known it would be selling for over $200 now! This is the same concept. A hand #'d record plus a t-shirt! Come on.... its a wise investment. Supply and demand, its how things are nowadays.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    But the "real" concept that I wish existed around here more would be "community" not me, me ,me.
    Other people would like one to....also applies for th Into The Wild vinyl and anything else.....and it's even WORSE when you publicly announce that you are intentionally screwing your fellow PJ fans over. Thanks fellow *cough*Bullshit*cough* PJ fan.
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    But the "real" concept that I wish existed around here more would be "community" not me, me ,me.
    Other people would like one to....also applies for th Into The Wild vinyl and anything else.....and it's even WORSE when you publicly announce that you are intentionally screwing your fellow PJ fans over. Thanks fellow *cough*Bullshit*cough* PJ fan.

I saw PJ for the first time back in 1992 at the age of 21. Now I'm 38. I've paid my way for lots of things and I've worked very hard to do it in the process. Everyone has the chance to buy whatever they want. if companies wanted every fan to have one of everything, they would make 5 million copies of everything. Does PJ release Benny Hall on vinyl at 2000 copies to screw over people? No, they don't. Its all supply and demand, it's how business thrives. Nobody is announcing they are screwing anybody over. He could turn around and keep one and sell 3, or he could be buying for good friends of his. It's their choice. You don't know for sure, so keep your cough BS cough opinion to yourself! Collectors do that for a living, but so do fans. Do you think this fan base is different than society as a whole, well its not.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Did anyone see how many vinyls were pressed? The page on their website said *while supplies last*. I hope that means they tell you when you order. I would hate to get the shirt with no vinyl.

(Yeah, I ordered it more for the vinyl than the shirt :oops: )
    Apparently 2,000... so I'm 99% sure if you ordered yesterday you are fine. No email announcement from the TC, so unless you check the board or page you wouldn't know.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,627
    vinyl isn't worth seeing that shirt in person! i'll go the ebay route...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    jhulud wrote:
    I never got my order confirmation email though.

same, i got an order confirmation # that i didnt write down cuz i just figured i'd get the email
    uh oh...are they sold out?

EDIT: Now when I try to order another one in case there was something wrong with my 1st order last night:

Your order could not be processed at this time:
    3 Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current operation.

Thanks a lot Volcom
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Just ordered mine :mrgreen:
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    WTF does this mean?

Your order could not be processed at this time:
    3 Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current operation.
  • Options
    JM27548JM27548 Posts: 43
    PJRock75 wrote:

I usually buy doubles sometimes triples of all these things... and NOT to sell the extras. I am very obsessive about such things. I buy one to enjoy now, and I have several "retirement" boxes. I see a shirt, hat, or pearl jam vinyl and i buy mulitple copies for myself. So i can have a brand spanking new and unopened vinyl...unworn tshirt 30 years from now...i prolly got like 75 shirts and all their albums in retirement... :ugeek: if i die before i get there... they go to my kids...or neice if i dont have any children of my own

*i only hope i dont gain a ton of weight that wont let me fit into the shirts 30 years down the road
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    would be nice to know if the 7" vinyl is still available - I'd hate to see a bunch of people very disappointed, as almost everyone here agrees they are only buying this for the vinyl, and NOT the fugly shirt.

I emailed volcom about it, no response since yesterday.........yet?
  • Options
    Pearl Jam has a corporate sponsorship! This is really going to piss off the ultra-lefty PJ fans. I love it! Between this and their $150 album reissue PJ really knows how to play ball in the free market.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,271
    LukinFan wrote:
    Do you guys really like that shirt, or are you just buying it to get the vinyl?

vinyl!
    danny d
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,563
    anyone interested in just the shirt? ill split it with ya if I can have the 45. the last thing i need right now is another pj shirt.
  • Options
    picked one up....Ten bucks for shipping US is quite expensive.

Also grabbed the LBC Onesie for my newborn nephew

to where??

To NJ...my winter home away from Antarctica.

I thought the price was $20 but it shows up as $25 and a $5 shipping charge on my confirmation. My mistake
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    gregory1 wrote:
    PJRock75 wrote:

I saw PJ for the first time back in 1992 at the age of 21. Now I'm 38. I've paid my way for lots of things and I've worked very hard to do it in the process. Everyone has the chance to buy whatever they want. if companies wanted every fan to have one of everything, they would make 5 million copies of everything. Does PJ release Benny Hall on vinyl at 2000 copies to screw over people? No, they don't. Its all supply and demand, it's how business thrives. Nobody is announcing they are screwing anybody over. He could turn around and keep one and sell 3, or he could be buying for good friends of his. It's their choice. You don't know for sure, so keep your cough BS cough opinion to yourself! Collectors do that for a living, but so do fans. Do you think this fan base is different than society as a whole, well its not.

True, I don't know his/her true intentions but it just seems like people hoard PJ items in hopes to make money off of other PJ fans and that is the very aspect that you would hope seperates us from the rest of the greed that we see in society (since when is extortion and exceptable practice?!?!?). If that's the case, then it's like we don't really understand what we are even listening to when we listen to PJ...do you get where I am coming from? Please don't preach about how long you've been a fan (we all have been) or that you work hard and deserve these things (we all do), those points are irrelavant to the argument anyway. I understand marketing and the rules of supply and demand, and your right, when companies makes limited items, they draw more attention......but you just hope that people have enough thoughtfulness to let others hve a drink to after they got their share, otherwise...you fell right into the marketing scheme anyway, didn't you?? And that is nothing to "boast" about. And as far as opinions, you have to be kidding me...good luck regulating them on a message board :lol: ...gotta love freedom of speech, something I will enjoy practicing no matter how much you want me to keep it to myself :roll:
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    gregory1 wrote:
    PJRock75 wrote:

True, I don't know his/her true intentions but it just seems like people hoard PJ items in hopes to make money off of other PJ fans and that is the very aspect that you would hope seperates us from the rest of the greed that we see in society (since when is extortion and exceptable practice?!?!?). If that's the case, then it's like we don't really understand what we are even listening to when we listen to PJ...do you get where I am coming from? Please don't preach about how long you've been a fan (we all have been) or that you work hard and deserve these things (we all do), those points are irrelavant to the argument anyway. I understand marketing and the rules of supply and demand, and your right, when companies makes limited items, they draw more attention......but you just hope that people have enough thoughtfulness to let others hve a drink to after they got their share, otherwise...you fell right into the marketing scheme anyway, didn't you?? And that is nothing to "boast" about. And as far as opinions, you have to be kidding me...good luck regulating them on a message board :lol: ...gotta love freedom of speech, something I will enjoy practicing no matter how much you want me to keep it to myself :roll:

I would never regulate free speech and opinions are just that. However, having the wisdom to voice an opinion without finding fault in a fellow fan says much more. Being a PJ fan is second place to human nature. It will never change and calling someone else out for buying material objects is meaningless. I would share my drink anytime, but thats more life and death, not a shirt and record. Should I be able to buy Benny Hall for $40 because that's what they went for initially? Nope. Greed is a problem indeed, but with trades being offered and people bidding for only what they are willing to pay for something, thats about as good as it gets. I do think that pointing out the hoarders is both valid and true, but directing it towards someone specific isn't a good thing to do. I agree mostly with your reply. I bought 2 Deluxe editions of the Ten re-release. One to play, one to keep mint. It's not to screw anyone over, but it is a good investment. Music memorabilia is a good investment as a fan. Its a great hobby with future value. Look at baseball cards, etc. Collecting is its own monster that people cannot resist!
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    this thread is getting too wordy. 8-)
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options

Did you get one or two? Short enough 4 ya?
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982

Word Cinna-Girl!

Oops, that was supposed to be a picture of Vanilla Ice. Gotta work on my skills...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    sailboatcaptainsailboatcaptain San Juan, Puerto Rico Posts: 251
    I want to buy this t-shirt, but I keep getting the error :

"Your order could not be processed at this time:
    3 Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current operation."

Already tried IE and Firefox and different credit cards.

Can someone help?

Thank you!
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • Options
    gregory1....agree to disagree ;) ....I agree with Cinna-Girl...not worth debating in such detail. I'll just live by one of my fav. quotes, "If you hate something, don't you do it to" but to each their own.