Options

ComCast/Mansfield venue...woah!

northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Wow, first, a bit late to write about a GREAT show last night (just came back from Boston) but I have to say that this place, ComCast or whatever, really wins the prize for worse venue ever! Not for the sound or view, all was fine...but my husband & I went to buy beer...and we're asked for our ID..now, 1st thing, I am a mother of 2, a teacher and of the same age as the band, so I thought it was cute but they actually refused our ID...they wanted only passports or army papers!! My ID was in French (from Quebec) and that's no good enough (although Date in Englsih is also Date in French!)...Thanks a billion to a few nice PJ fans who bought our beers for us! and I guess you cannot be in a hurry to leave...over 2 1/2 hours to leave...oh well, nice fireworks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    Wow, first, a bit late to write about a GREAT show last night (just came back from Boston) but I have to say that this place, ComCast or whatever, really wins the prize for worse venue ever! Not for the sound or view, all was fine...but my husband & I went to buy beer...and we're asked for our ID..now, 1st thing, I am a mother of 2, a teacher and of the same age as the band, so I thought it was cute but they actually refused our ID...they wanted only passports or army papers!! My ID was in French (from Quebec) and that's no good enough (although Date in Englsih is also Date in French!)...Thanks a billion to a few nice PJ fans who bought our beers for us! and I guess you cannot be in a hurry to leave...over 2 1/2 hours to leave...oh well, nice fireworks!
    The ID thing is mostly MA law. They ID everyone so they don't get in trouble. But yeah, the place is a nightmare to leave. I think it is so much better when they play the Garden in downtown Boston. A lot easier to get out of believe it or not. The crowd disperses into the city.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    2:30 hours to leave?????... we were out of the parking lot and back in the hotel by 11:30. Hail hail the lucky ones I guess?
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    I understand rules etc...but we had about 5 various ID with our date of birth... but French is too complicated I guess...I mean, what else these numbers could possibly mean??? The same year over and over...anyway, no big deal but on the spot, we could not believe it! And the show was...well...look at all the reviews!
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    2:30 hours to leave?????... we were out of the parking lot and back in the hotel by 11:30. Hail hail the lucky ones I guess?

You must of got there late. We went to pick-up our 10C tickets around 3 so our car was way back...but it was like a huge summer party...
  • Options
    silas23silas23 SoCal Posts: 99
    Yeah, it took me 2 hours out of that damn place. Whoever designed the set up for the parking at that place needs to be shot........
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    You must of got there late. We went to pick-up our 10C tickets around 3 so our car was way back...but it was like a huge summer party...

Ahh yes we got our 10club tix at 3:30 and left to go to the hotel and eat dinner and stuff...
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    silas23 wrote:
    Yeah, it took me 2 hours out of that damn place. Whoever designed the set up for the parking at that place needs to be shot........
    :( The parking at this venue is very very sad. It kinda ruined the whole show(s) being stuck there for 2 hours.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    This is by far my most hated venue. I have nothing good to say about it, but sadly I'll keep going if Pearl Jam keeps playing there.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    my comments on the venue.............

easy enough to get into and park , only took about ten minutes the first night. The second show was backed up a little more, took about twenty minutes.

I had no problems drinking in the parking lot........Just watched for security and when the came around I would keep a low profile. Not too bad.

First show took us 2 1/2 hours to get out......worst I have ever been through. The parking lots were absolutely trashed, glass/bottles/cups everywhere.

Second show only took an hour to get of (I was parked in Lot 8). Not so bad, but i think it was pure luck.
  • Options
    my comments on the venue.............

easy enough to get into and park , only took about ten minutes the first night. The second show was backed up a little more, took about twenty minutes.

I had no problems drinking in the parking lot........Just watched for security and when the came around I would keep a low profile. Not too bad.

First show took us 2 1/2 hours to get out......worst I have ever been through. The parking lots were absolutely trashed, glass/bottles/cups everywhere.

Second show only took an hour to get of (I was parked in Lot 8). Not so bad, but i think it was pure luck.

The parking lots were absolutely trashed, glass/bottles/cups everywhere.

Well, that was another problem...As you said, it was sad to see the parking lot afterwards.Garbage everywhere!We all want to be green and all and this is the way we leave things? And there was soooo many cars running, waiting to get out...you could smell the emmissions! PLease do not play there again PJ!!
  • Options

But the PQ drivers license doesn't exactly have the most clearly marked birthday, it's just part of your license #
  • Options
    Okum wrote:
    But the PQ drivers license doesn't exactly have the most clearly marked birthday, it's just part of your license #

I know, but we did have about 4 other ID, clearly saying 'Date de naissance'...and as I said, it's not like we look close to 21...we still act like it but unfortunatelly, no longer look it :)
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    gotta say that camden's venue is worse than mansfield.

Traffic the first night I got right out. 2nd night sat in the lot for like 2 hours. They empty the lots in order which is stupid and takes forever, just depends on where you park, lucky me got in one of the last lots out...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    I pulled out my birth certificate and I couldn't even get a beer.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    I hate that venue. I really do. Great shows, but high meat head factor, and crappy services. Terrible parking lot.

Only good thing was PJ. If I had to see any other band there I just wouldn't.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    I pulled out my birth certificate and I couldn't even get a beer.

now that's amazing! I wish my 80 year old father would have been there...just to see if they would have refused him too....
  • Options
    PJ_PhilPJ_Phil Posts: 84
    Yeah, the whole having to be 25 with an out of state license is just foolish. But then again, having to wait until you're 21 to drink is REALLY foolish. I guess the Canadian kids just know how to handle their liquor better than Americans ;)

Phil
    Shows:

Montreal 2003
    Boston (1&2) 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Halifax 2005
    Boston (1&2) 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Mansfield (1&2)2008
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182

The fireworks WERE the highlight of the parking lot! With the exception of the numbnut behind us throwing them out his car window. It is a beautiful venue though...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    I understand rules etc...but we had about 5 various ID with our date of birth... but French is too complicated I guess...I mean, what else these numbers could possibly mean??? The same year over and over...anyway, no big deal but on the spot, we could not believe it! And the show was...well...look at all the reviews!
    should have just smoked some pot there was plenty going around cripes there was like a cloud hanging over ther outer pavaillion all night. Good times, yeah but the parking def. suks
    Luckily kneww people who worked in the lots so got the premium parking both nights, got out in like 20 mins each night.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Can anyone say, POLICE STATE (?!!!)...cops and security waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overzealous.
  • Options
    jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    Got out of the parking lot on Saturday at 1:20 a.m. I still can't believe it.
    But it is true what they say, 'you get what you pay for'. The parking is free for a reason and I would've gladly paid fifty bucks to have been on the road by 11:30. Definitely the last time I go there for a Pearl Jam show (unless of course it's the only show within 200 miles of me).
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I had a tremendous amount of good fortune, I think. On a whim, I paid the $40 for the premier parking and was out in like 15 minutes. Also, I bought a beer with my California i.d. I guess the lady gave me a break. I heard other out of state id's were turned away. Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    EBowie wrote:
    Can anyone say, POLICE STATE (?!!!)...cops and security waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overzealous.

No shit. I parked the car and within 15 seconds three bicycle cops had us surrounded. Told us we were on private property and subject to a search (sounds a little sketchy). So I popped the trunk and they took our two measly six-packs and a mostly empty water bottle that they decided was vodka. On the bright side, I got to keep the red cups I bought to pour the beers in, you know, so the cops wouldn't see.

They were such assholes about it, too. Making a bunch of 25-year-olds feel like criminals for trying to drink a couple beers in the lot that I've been getting hammered in since I was 16. I just told my friends to shut up and take it because there was no way I was getting arrested or having my tickets revoked (which I heard was happening to some people). The worst part is they obviously stopped the alcohol patrol shortly after that, because I saw a bunch of wasted retards strolling in around the time PJ took the stage.

I just don't get it. If you really want to crack down on tailgating, stop opening the parking lots at fucking two in the afternoon.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Plus, if anything, the anal retentive behavior just causes people to be all sneaky and shit, which I believe makes people get more drunk.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    they also refused my license from Missouri when i was there for a show..so i just paid someone to get me beers all night, it was a joke
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    It makes you wonder if the management over there knows roughly 95% of the people that attend their venue effing hate that place.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Yea, I agree. It was seriously the worst venue ever.

We were IDed and they said that they couldn't sell us alcohol because we had to be 25 from out of state.

It looked really small.

We had open air seats -- if it rained, we'd be screwed. At least if we were on the lawn, we could move to a different place.

No blankets?!

An 11 o'clock curfew?

When we went to leave, we just took a nap inside the car and then when we woke up, about an hour and a half later, we were finally able to get out. Do they seriously expect us to pay $40 for parking??!

Same fucking thing happened to me. Im 24 from New York and they wouldnt sell me beer WTF!!! The weird thing is that the parking lot was fine. Was playing beer pong before the show and had no problems same goes for after the show. The 11 curfew blew as well. Start the show at 8:30. It was so anticlimactic ending on Alive the first night