Options

Why do I always go to concerts....

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited March 2009 in Other Music
when nobody there is capable of recording a bootleg worth a shit? Or no one records it? Or I just can't find it?
Foo Fighters '08....found a boot, very shitty
AC/DC '09....found a boot, very shitty
There have been numerous other shows through the years I would love to have copies of but can't find them anywhere. I found a dude with copies of both Clapton shows I've seen, but the bastard sells them...says two would run around $35. He needs a swift kick in the nuts.
Perhaps I should become a bootlegger instead of complaining, but my love of the sauce before and during shows and my subsequent proclivity to yell and scream like an idiot throughout would make any recording of mine unlistenable.
I'm not sure if there was a point to all this aside from me complaining about the fact I can't find quality boots -- like Bob Seger -- but it ticks me off.
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I hear ya man. I love to find boots of shows I have been too. As far as the Clapton shows go, you are right; Dude is crazy. Everything is free on the internet and it's probably floating out there on a Clapton fan site with boots- try a google search.
    I'm still trying to hunt down the AC/DC show I saw. Some Bootlegs still can come out pretty good. I know the Springsteen show I saw on the Magic tour came out pretty bad ass. Hopefully this year will be the same result.

As a Bootleg fan myself, I don't know why bands don't just sell the shows on their sites via a downlad service for 10 bucks a piece like PJ and Metallica did. I know there are probably others but those two bands were the first to come in mind.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I've been spoiled by the PJ series. Recently I downloaded a bunch of old PJ shows... like Indianapolis 98 (my first show) and even some of the band's radio shows from 94-98. They just don't cut it for me. By bootleg standards, they're all pretty good, but after all the official releases, they drive me nuts! Ditto for the Vic.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    DIY, man.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    I hear ya man. I love to find boots of shows I have been too. As far as the Clapton shows go, you are right; Dude is crazy. Everything is free on the internet and it's probably floating out there on a Clapton fan site with boots- try a google search.
    I'm still trying to hunt down the AC/DC show I saw. Some Bootlegs still can come out pretty good. I know the Springsteen show I saw on the Magic tour came out pretty bad ass. Hopefully this year will be the same result.

As a Bootleg fan myself, I don't know why bands don't just sell the shows on their sites via a downlad service for 10 bucks a piece like PJ and Metallica did. I know there are probably others but those two bands were the first to come in mind.
    For Angus and the boys check here: www.acdc-bootlegs.com
    That's where I found the one I was at, but, like it said, it ain't so good. Funny thing, you can kind of hear a couple of guys talking in between the first few songs and then all of a sudden dude starts yelling Spanish jibbersh....yes, jibberish, even though I took four semesters! The show was in memphis, not exactly a city with a large hispanic population.

I would think more bands would embrace a bootleg program strictly because of the downturn in album sales. It seems to me that would be a viable and relatively cheap way to keep the cash flow coming.

On Clapton: I have searched and searched for those shows and then I thought I hit the jackpot when I came across that dude's site. Pissed me off big time. No way am I paying $35 for something that very well might sound like shit

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    http://www.whereseric.com/news/2009/02/ ... -2009.html

No bootlegs, but I absolutely cannont wait to get my hands on that shiz-nit!!!

• Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'm all for bands putting out official boots. Most of my favorite bands are so much better live than on the album not to mention I just prefer live music. You get lucky every now and then with quality boots but they are crap for the most part. I would much rather pay for a good recording than have the endless shitty boots that are taking up space on my computer.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I have found most of the shows I have been to. Even have a good quality(for fan shot) vid from the 03 Indy show. The last few years, audience bootleg quality has sky rocketed, imo.

Sometimes you have to wait years for a good quality version to become available. Whoever taped the 98 Page and Plant tour released quite a few of those shows last year on the 10 year anniversary of the shows.

I would think alot of big bands record every show, so it's just a matter of time before bands that do have some A+++++ quality stuff out there.

When I get home from shows I always look for bootlegs, but it doesn't ruin the show or anything if I cant find one.