Bigsby B5 Vibrato

Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
edited March 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
I recently bought a Gibson SG Faded 3 pickup and I'm thinking about putting a Bigsby B5 Vibrato on it. I would like the added benefit of the vibrato, plus, I can't lie, they just look so cool. I've heard that they don't stay in tun as well, and I was wondering if those of you who have had one can chime in on the pros and cons of them. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My buddy has a B5 on his Special, and I have I think the B2 on my Les Paul. I put mine on when I was 18 and very careless with my instruments and it seemed really tough to keep in tune. Now, (8 years later) I don't really see much of a problem with any Bigsbys I play. They do go out of tune more than if you don't have it, but it's definitely manageable. For me after a few weeks of regular playing, it starts going out of tune more than usual and I take that as a sign to change strings. Works fine.
  • What about sound quality? Is the sustain better/worse?
  • Anyone else have any experience with these? Feedback would really help.
  • kh117728kh117728 Posts: 8
    I haven't noticed any significant loss in sustain in the Les Paul, but I had a tele that I put one on and it lost quite a bit, going to a top-loading string setup.