Options

Looking for a Computer Program to Organize my Setlists

Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Is there one out there (I assume I'd have heard of it by now if so) or is anyone really good at programming and can make one?
I'm talking, something you go to and check off all the shows you've seen, and have it compile how many songs you've seen and how many times.
Any volunteers? :)
*Rock and/or Roll!*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    It's called Microsoft Excel
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,088

that's what i use. :)

as for my pearl jam shn/flac collection, i use db.etree.org.

http://db.etree.org/demetriosns
  • Options

pivot tables, man, pivot tables.
  • Options
    I'm compiling a spreadsheet right now. And that's why I ask this. It's just a lot of work. And I've only seen 11 shows! I was just hoping for a shortcut, that's all :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Microsoft Access might be a better option since what you're looking to do might work better with a true database as opposed to spreadsheets.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Microsoft Access might be a better option since what you're looking to do might work better with a true database as opposed to spreadsheets.
    Yeah, much better option. Queries and all that.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    I'll have to look into it. I'm not as familiar with Access.
    Thanks for the tip!
    I do think someone who's far smarter than me could pull it off. They'd just have to enter all of the songs into a database, and then each setlist . Program it so someone can come visit this imaginary site I've made up, and check off all of their shows, and have it spit back out to you the songs you've seen, how many times, and even the option to get a list of which ones you haven't seen.
    :) Not too complicated, right?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*