Options

10C Ticket Placement

yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
edited February 2009 in The Porch
So where in the country do you think you would be able to get really good seats if you have a high 10C# like 350,000 and above? I have always wondered this. I am not factoring in the lottery, cuz that is just chance.

I have 309xxx and I was in West Palm and landed good seats Mikes side Sec 8 row G and honestly I was happy with them, had a great view etc(even my wife could see).. When I go to Camden I usually get Stones side, way in the back, its always a good time so I am not complaining.
Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    It all depends on where other shows are - if there are a lot of shows say in Philly, Jersey, NY and Boston, there would be quite a few places that would be easily accessible for good seats - Pittsburgh, DC, St. Louis, etc.

It all depends on how the tour is laid out.

my two cents anyway :lol:
  • Options
    Just go to all the shows and you'll have a better chance : )

In all honesty, I don't have a great number and went to St. John's in 05'. They were by far the best seats I ever got with my own number. Saying that I'd say pick the city with the lowest population, or surrounding population. For example if you look at last years shows it's safe to say Columbia would be up there.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    It also depends on the size of the tour, in 2008 when there was just east coast shows, there were a lot of people that might not nomally have picked these cities to go to, since there were no other options. If the whole US/Canda/and everywhere else is played and people can stay closer to where they live, it will also effect seating. I think the South will get you the best seats though.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    yoke wrote:
    So where in the country do you think you would be able to get really good seats if you have a high 10C# like 350,000 and above? I have always wondered this. I am not factoring in the lottery, cuz that is just chance.

I have 309xxx and I was in West Palm and landed good seats Mikes side Sec 8 row G and honestly I was happy with them, had a great view etc(even my wife could see).. When I go to Camden I usually get Stones side, way in the back, its always a good time so I am not complaining.
    With that number, you chances are pretty slim. It will have to be somewhere remote. If you had been at the Saskatoon show in 2005 you'd have had pretty good seats. But almost anywhere in the US you are going to have no chance at great seats, unless the keep the lottery and you win it. But if they place in Alaska you might have a shot :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    yoke wrote:

With that number, you chances are pretty slim. It will have to be somewhere remote. If you had been at the Saskatoon show in 2005 you'd have had pretty good seats. But almost anywhere in the US you are going to have no chance at great seats, unless the keep the lottery and you win it. But if they place in Alaska you might have a shot :)
    I have a 364,000 number and I've had good seats... you and I were same row in mansfield 1 and in VA Beach I was really close. Gotta love the lottery to get 2nd row msg!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,626
    yoke wrote:

how would you define "really good seats"?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I have a 364,000 number and I've had good seats... you and I were same row in mansfield 1 and in VA Beach I was really close. Gotta love the lottery to get 2nd row msg!
    As I said, if he wins the lottery he can have really good seats in just about any city. But other than that, chances are slim. I assumed by really good seats he meant first 5 rows. But I could be wrong...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    As I said, if he wins the lottery he can have really good seats in just about any city. But other than that, chances are slim. I assumed by really good seats he meant first 5 rows. But I could be wrong...
    sometime just being there designates really good seats :D for me at least!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    Like I said, my seats in WPB 08 where really good for my#. I had a great view and space to move a bit. In the N'East I know my options are limited(unless I score lottery). This area is packed to 10C members and I honeslty enjoy that because even though I maybe a bit further from the stage I am still surrounded by real fans and not fly by night fans who go for the "hits" and get pissy because I don't sit down. I have seen this band from the rail at GA shows, lawn, nose bleeds and everwhere inbetween. I honestly don't care as long as I have a spot.

I guess my question was more along the lines of where in the country does the band play that has the least amount of 10C members?
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    125xxx

At MSG 2008 I was row 17 on the floor (if there was no lottery it would be row 2)
    At Camden 06 I was about 6th or 7th row pit
    At VA Beach 2008 I was row 4 (and if there was no lottery I'd be row 2)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,626
    edited February 2009
    BeerBaron wrote:

hey now, 1st 5 rows? that's a lil' G-R-E-E-D-y, don't you think? ;) - J/K.

if i could lay claim to any section in the arena, i'd take a pair of seats anywhere in the 5th-10th row of the 1st section next to the stage but not behind it on Stone's side,...those seats are $$$!
    CJMST3K wrote:
    125xxx

At MSG 2008 I was row 17 on the floor (if there was no lottery it would be row 2)

that's interesting, my 10C seats were 1 row in front of yours (row P, which i believe is 16th row) but my 10C number is slightly higher than yours. not sure what you meant by the "row 2" comment, but if it wasn't for the lottery everyone on the floor would have been bumped up 4 rows. though, for the record, i so support the lottery system,...
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    100 Pacer wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    125xxx

that's interesting, my 10C seats were 1 row in front of yours (row P, which i believe is 16th row) but my 10C number is slightly higher than yours. not sure what you meant by the "row 2" comment, but if it wasn't for the lottery everyone on the floor would have been bumped up 4 rows. though, for the record, i so support the lottery system,...
    thats seems little weird

to the OP i'd go see them in the south/soutwest and canada for state side
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,355
    Probably in the middle of the country?

The east coast is densly populated and the west cost doesn't get as many shows.. and the Seattle shows get attended by alot of people.

I'd figure the midwest.. shows where they'res less people and less population attending them.
  • Options
    Florida, as south as possible... I talked to people that said for West Palm they were extremely close. Whereas, in Philly they were all the way in the back. They had the same high number as us in the 350,000's. Rock isnt a big deal down in south Florida, so it is your best bet for good seats. :roll:
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    Florida, as south as possible... I talked to people that said for West Palm they were extremely close. Whereas, in Philly they were all the way in the back. They had the same high number as us in the 350,000's. Rock isnt a big deal down in south Florida, so it is your best bet for good seats. :roll:
    West Palm wasn't as good as I thought it would be. In fact, I had almost identical seats at the Gorge in '06 as I did for West Palm. Granted, there was no lottery at the Gorge, but I expected a difference of more than 4 rows.