Options

So am i the only one....

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited February 2009 in The Porch
staying away from all of the Ten songs being released on the net??

There is something special about going to the record store on release day and brining home your brand spanking new never heard before PJ cd/album(even if it is a remix), getting a good buzz going and cranking your stereo on 10...and hearing it all for the first time!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    I'm doing the same thing 8-)
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options

There is something special about going to the record store on release day and brining home your brand spanking new never heard before PJ cd/album(even if it is a remix), getting a good buzz going and cranking your stereo on 10...and hearing it all for the first time!!

nope.
    haven't listened to a thing. perhaps b/c i grew up w/o the instant gratification of the internet, i just prefer waiting for the total package. first time i will hear, will be when that super deluxe arrives on my doorstep from 10c. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i just prefer waiting for the total package. first time i will hear, will be when that super deluxe arrives on my doorstep from 10c. 8-)

word! that's what i'm talking about. 8-)
  • Options
    I have been posting this for like 4 days now and people are calling me crazy.. well not crazy but.. I want it loud and CLEAR no streaming shitty mp3's for me thanx...
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    I have been posting this for like 4 days now and people are calling me crazy.. well not crazy but.. I want it loud and CLEAR no streaming shitty mp3's for me thanx...

fuck 'em...cuz i'm Crazy..your TheDecline13 ;)

yeah that's what i'm talking about too...fuck the shitty low quality streams...i wana hear that shit proper for the first time!
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    The only thing I've allowed myself to listen to is Brother on the radio. I do that with all pre-release singles. I've never downloaded a PJ album or songs that leaked before the due date.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I`m not listening to any until I have the vinyl on my record player and a bowl in my pipe
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i havent listened to any of the remix/remastered versions of ten nor do i plan to till i open my super deluxe package
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    pj622pj622 Posts: 110

I haven't listened to one yet.. it won't be as exciting if i listen now!
  • Options
    I've only listened to Porch...and it sounded good.

I'll try to hold out for the rest. But, yes, it makes sense to enjoy the anticipation. :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I listened to Porch and Brother, but that's it. I heard the remixes on the greatest hits and just wanted to hear a song to see if they were going to be along the same lines.
  • Options
    I heard brother but that's it. I agree its a great feeling opening up a new cd or album and hearing it for the first time. When the new album comes out I'm waiting and not cheating like last time. Somethings are worth the wait. :)
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Streaming over the net into computer speakers it probably the worst way to experience these new mixes. But I cant help myself. The turntable is ready though!
  • Options

fuck 'em...cuz i'm Crazy..your TheDecline13 ;)

yeah that's what i'm talking about too...fuck the shitty low quality streams...i wana hear that shit proper for the first time!

preach on brother..Or sister??? Im to lazy to look
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    i just prefer waiting for the total package. first time i will hear, will be when that super deluxe arrives on my doorstep from 10c. 8-)

word! that's what i'm talking about. 8-)

:mrgreen:
    absolutely!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    i have been previewing 'em, but c'mon... we all know it's going to sound 10 times better on the vinyl when we get it... pun intended.

i myself cannot wait for the deep and release combo at the end... i have always loved the way those two songs go together on the album.... gonna be great!

one thing i haven't seen mentioned on here...is the master/slave deal gonna be on there? i always miss it when listening to once on Rearviewmirror...