Options

what if one of the guys did this..............

BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
edited February 2009 in The Porch
Josh Freese, journeyman drummer for Nine Inch Nails, Devo, A Perfect Circle, Sting, and the Vandals, has unveiled a unique promotional plan for his new solo album, Since 1972, which is available in stores on April 14. According to a press release that just went out, the album will be available in a total of eleven configurations, ranging in price from $7 to $75,000. At the low end of the scale is a simple digital download that includes three videos, while the $75,000 package includes such items as "Take a flying trapeze lesson with Josh and Robin from NIN, go back to Robins place afterwards and his wife will make you raw lasagna," "Take home any of his drumsets (only one but you can choose which one)," "Have Josh write, record and release a 5 song EP about you and your life story," and of course "Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from TOOL's Lamborgini OR play quarters and then hop on the Ouija board for a while."

The full list, with all eleven price points, is included below.

JOSH FREESE: SINCE 1972

$7
-Digital Download of "Since 1972" (including 3 videos)

$15
-CD/DVD Double Disc Set
-Digital Download

$50
-CD/DVD Double Disc Set
-T-shirt
-"Thank You" phone call from Josh for buying Since 1972. You can tell him what you like about the record that you purchased, or what you thought sucked. Ask whatever you want, like "Is Maynard really THAT weird?" or "Which one of Sting's mansions has the comfiest beds?" or "Are Devo really Suburban Robots that monitor reality or just a bunch of Dads from Ohio?" or "Why don't the Vandals play more stuff off the first record?" It's your 5 minutes to yack it up. Talk about whatever you want.

$250 (limited edition of 25)
-Signed CD/DVD and digital download.
-T-shirt
-Signed Drum Head and Drumsticks.
-Go on a lunch date with Josh to PF Changs or The Cheesecake Factory (whatever you're into.)

$500 (limited edition of 15)
-Signed CD/DVD and digital download
-T-shirt
-Signed Cymbal and sticks
-Meet Josh in Venice, CA and go floating together in a Sensory deprivation tank (filmed and posted on youtube)
-Dinner at Sizzler (get your $8.99 Steak and "all you can eat" Shrimp on)

$1,000 (limited edition of 10)
-T-shirt
-Signed Cymbal, Drum head and Drumsticks.
-Josh washes your car OR does your laundry....or you can wash his car.
-Have dinner with Josh aboard the "Queen Mary" in Long Beach, CA
-Get drunk and cut each other's hair in the parking lot of the Long Beach courthouse (filmed and posted on youtube of course)

$2,500 (limited edition of 5)
-Get a private drum lesson with Josh or for all you non-drummers have him give you a back and foot massage (couples welcome)
-Pick any 1 member of the Vandals or DEVO (subject to availability) to accompany you and Josh to either the Hollywood Wax Museum or the lunch buffet at the "Spearmint Rhino"
-Signed DW snare drum.
-Take 3 items of your choice out of his closet (first come, first serve)
-Change diapers and make bottles with him for an afternoon (after hitting the strip club)

$5,000 (limited edition of 3)
-T-shirt
-Josh writes about a song about you and make available on iTunes.
-Co-direct a video with him for the song about you and throw it up on the youtubes.
-Josh gives you and a friend a private tour of Disneyland
-Get drunk together. If you don't drink we can go to my Dads place and hang out under the "Tuba tree"
-Stone from Pearl Jam will send you a letter telling you about his favorite song on "Since 1972"

$10,000 (limited edition of 1)
-T-shirt
-Signed DW snare drum from A Perfect Circle's 2003 tour.
-Josh gives you a private drum lesson OR his and hers foot/back massage (couples welcome, discreet parking)
-Twiggy from Manson's band and Josh take you and a guest to Roscoe's Chicken n' Waffle in Long Beach for dinner.
-Josh takes you and guest to "Club 33" (the super-duper exclusive and private restaurant at Disneyland located above the Pirates Of The Caribbean) and then hit a couple rides afterwards (preferably the Tiki Room, Haunted Mansion and The Tower Of Terror)
-At the end of the day at Disneyland drive away in Josh's Volvo station wagon. It's all yours....take it. Just drop him off on your way home though please.

$20,000 (limited edition of 1)
-T-shirt
-A signed drum from the 2008 Nine Inch Nails tour.
-Maynard James Keenan, Mark from Devo and Josh take you miniature golfing and then drop you off on the side of the freeway (all filmed and posted on youtube)
-Josh gives you a tour of Long Beach. See his first apartment, the coffee shop on 2nd St where his buddy paid Dave Grohl $40 to rip up tile just weeks before joining "Nirvana." See the old Vandals rehearsal spot, the liquor store he got busted using a Fake I.D. at when he was 17 (it was Dave from the Vandals old ID). Go check out Snoop Dogg's high- school. For an extra 50 bucks see where Tom and Adrian from No Doubt live. For another $25 he'll show ya where Eric from NOFX and Brooks from Bad Religion get their hair cut.
-Spend the night aboard the Queen Mary and take the "Ghosts And Legends" tour. (separate rooms...no spooning.)
-Josh writes 2 songs about you and it's made available on iTUnes and appears on his next record (you can sing back up on em, clap, play the drums, triangle, whatever....)
-Drum lesson OR foot and back massage (once again...couples welcome and discreet parking available)
-Pick any 3 items out of Josh's closet.

$75,000 (limited edition of 1)
-T-shirt
-Go on tour with Josh for a few days.
-Have Josh write, record and release a 5 song EP about you and your life story.
-Take home any of his drumsets (only one but you can choose which one.)
-Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from TOOL's Lamborgini OR play quarters and then hop on the Ouija board for a while.
-Josh will join your band for a month...play shows, record, party with groupies, etc....
-If you don't have a band he'll be your personal assistant for a month (4 day work weeks, 10 am to 4 pm)
-Take a limo down to Tijuana and he'll show you how it's done (what that means exactly we can't legally get into here)
-If you don't live in Southern California (but are a US resident) he'll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks.
-Take a flying trapeze lesson with Josh and Robin from NIN, go back to Robins place afterwards and his wife will make you raw lasagna.

how much would you spend?
Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That's pretty awesome. I would buy that shit just to say I have his stationwagon. That's probably the most creative thing I've ever seen to promote an album. I bet a few people on here would jump on the letter by Stone part.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    That's fantastic - I love it :lol::lol: !!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    The $75,000 version sounds amazing. Very, very amazing.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I would totally do this with PJ. :)

It reminds me of "The State" and they have a "dinner with The State" where all you have to do is name the restaurant and the time, and you can treat all the members of The State to dinner. Funny video. I'll have to find it to show...
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    people will do anything to make a buck these days. pj would never sell out like this. this is just being a sell out. yea let me shell out 20 or 75 grand to a drummer of a few legendary rock bands
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    people will do anything to make a buck these days. pj would never sell out like this. this is just being a sell out. yea let me shell out 20 or 75 grand to a drummer of a few legendary rock bands

Why so cynical? This is obviously done as a very funny marketing ploy by a guy who realizes that not a lot of people are gonna buy his album for the music. He's having fun with it. I mean, c'mon, he's giving away crap from his closet, foot massages and his big old rock star-esque station wagon. People love to be the sell out police, huh? Take a joke.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

Why so cynical? This is obviously done as a very funny marketing ploy by a guy who realizes that not a lot of people are gonna buy his album for the music. He's having fun with it. I mean, c'mon, he's giving away crap from his closet, foot massages and his big old rock star-esque station wagon. People love to be the sell out police, huh? Take a joke.
    i was taking a joke. it was sarcasm by me. what i have to throw in a rolleyes or a grining face for people to get sarcasm :roll:

• Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    metsfan wrote:

I agree with LBA- Selling out for the sake of being funny isn't as bad to me as selling out to make some cash. He put a smile on my face, I'm OK with it.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    People love to be the sell out police, huh? Take a joke.
    you need to not jump down people throats so fast.quick to judge someone huh. i'm hardly the sell out police. i laughed at it to.

• Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 711
    my question is... how will he meet the demand???
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    my question is... how will he meet the demand???

he'll do what any good businessman would do... subcontract. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Hey, anything to battle ‘people are downloading my music for free and I’m sick of being broke because of that’.
    Why don’t bands do this so they can afford to sell their concert tickets dirt cheap?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    This idea is awesome! with the new album:

for $1000 you can have mikes going to you bathroom and sign one the bathroom's walls!
    for $2000 you can make jeff wear again one of his hats for a day.
    for $3000 you can seat on matt's shoulders while he plays at one of Harrybu McCage concerts!
    for $5000 you can drive stone's electric car.
    for $10000 you can change one diaper of eddie's newborn child and keep the diaper!
    with any of this pachages you can comb boom's beard with your fingers for free!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?