Options

Matt playing on Iommi album

nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
edited February 2009 in The Porch
I just downloaded Tony Iommi's solo album from a few years back, Iommi.
It's a very cool project where he teamed up with some stellar singers and musicians,
each singer getting their own track. I had heard the Dave Grohl track, Goodbye
Lament, but the rest of it is new to me. Really good stuff.

Here's a write-up...
http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll ... fexqw0ld6e

Matt Cameron is listed as one of the drummers who played on the album.

Does anyone have any idea which track(s) he played on?

Here's Goodbye Lament (the other tracks appear on the same page) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebbRsps3p38
EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    nukeboot wrote:
    I just downloaded Tony Iommi's solo album from a few years back, Iommi.
    It's a very cool project where he teamed up with some stellar singers and musicians,
    each singer getting their own track. I had heard the Dave Grohl track, Goodbye
    Lament, but the rest of it is new to me. Really good stuff.

Here's a write-up...
    http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll ... fexqw0ld6e

Matt Cameron is listed as one of the drummers who played on the album.

Does anyone have any idea which track(s) he played on?

Here's Goodbye Lament (the other tracks appear on the same page) -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebbRsps3p38

I've got that album, it kicks ass!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Drums - Matt Cameron on:

Time Is Mine
    Flame On
    Just Say No To Love
    Into The Night

http://www.discogs.com/release/1541239

;)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Yeah i randomly saw this in a record store and bought it, it's pretty cool. Was most suprised to see Ben Shepherd on one!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I just youtubed the songs, definately not something i like. Matt doesnt seem to fit with the songs either, pretty boring drumming.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I just youtubed the songs, definately not something i like. Matt doesnt seem to fit with the songs either, pretty boring drumming.

I think the drumming Matt does on the PJ stuff is boring aside from his songs, along with his butchering of Jack Irons material.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    DewieCox wrote:

I think the drumming Matt does on the PJ stuff is boring aside from his songs, along with his butchering of Jack Irons material.

How could anyone butcher up Irons' stuff? It's already butchered.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    DewieCox wrote:

I see I didn't even have to type a response, you did it for me...thank you.

:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I think the drumming matt does for PJ is amazing. His studio work isnt much but his live playing is crazy at times. He does some pretty unique and crazy fills. Go listen to the jam during RVM from Torino 06. Flat out amazing.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I think the drumming matt does for PJ is amazing. His studio work isnt much but his live playing is crazy at times. He does some pretty unique and crazy fills. Go listen to the jam during RVM from Torino 06. Flat out amazing.

I think the more straight ahead rock of PJ kinda hinders Cameron. I think he actually does a fine job on most stuff, just not better or worse than any of the past drummers.

The drumming on Given To Fly, Who You Are and In My Tree are particular abominations.

When Ed drools all over Matt, I think to myself, Ed must really love having those^ songs sound a little less than perfect.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

When Ed drools all over Matt, I think to myself, Ed must really love having those^ songs sound a little less than perfect.

His drumming on who you are is good IMO. His drumming in given to fly used to be BETTER than jacks IMO(98-00). His fills from the LO2L version are great.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    DewieCox wrote:

Hahahaha... yeah, well... frankly I don't know if any drummer could play "jack" stuff. I've said it before, Jack had a "bohemian" style of drumming which was unique, and while it energized the band to be more creative and lax, it was rather sloppy live. I think Cameron is doing as good a job as any drummer could trying to copy Jack, though Cameron needs to fuckin' slow down on most Jack songs and add a hint of swing, and not play like a robot.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

His drumming on who you are is good IMO. His drumming in given to fly used to be BETTER than jacks IMO(98-00). His fills from the LO2L version are great.

That was 10 years ago.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    dvi2702 wrote:
    Drums - Matt Cameron on:

Time Is Mine
    Flame On
    Just Say No To Love
    Into The Night

Thanks for the info.

Man, my thread took an ugly turn.

I've always been a big Sabbath fan so I was glad Matt got a chance to team up with Tony.
    Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it rocks balls.

:mrgreen:
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 716
    cameron has a groove and feel like no other.. so I would disagree that his studio stuff is ordinary... fill's in drumming are really like magic tricks.. the real stuff is made of good groove or pocket
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15