Options

Drop in the Park LP

LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Will the band be selling this as a Vinyl Release aside from the Deluxe Package Deal they have going on right now? I sure wish they would...

LW
"Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I guess not, because it's a threat for those who bought the delux package.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    the LP is part of what makes it a Super Deluxe edition
  • Options
    I'd be a little upset if they released that separately. The main reason I bought the super deluxe was for the vinyl.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,612
    LONGWAVE wrote:
    Will the band be selling this as a Vinyl Release aside from the Deluxe Package Deal they have going on right now? I sure wish they would...

LW

give it a few weeks and people will have these up for sale or trade,...and by people i mean those who purchased the Deluxe Set ;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I really want this.
    Please release it on cd, pleaaaaaase?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    probably not. they didn't do it for the NYE disc with avocado. but now is a good time for you to find someone to buy the deluxe and you pay them $30 or $40 for that part.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,156
    I really want this.
    Please release it on cd, pleaaaaaase?

The digital world we live in, somebody will probably rip the LP to a digital product we can sabre!
  • Options
    DD164485DD164485 Posts: 149
    I've actually had a bootleg of this show for years many years.
    It's a great show and I'm glad the band is releasing it on VINYL!!!

Not to mention....the production value sounds stellar compared to my very shitty audience recording.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    DD164485 wrote:

Not to mention....the production value sounds stellar compared to my very shitty audience recording.

Rumor has it in another post that the concert is incomplete on the vinyl. 3 songs are missing. Deep, Sonic Reducer and RITFW.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    DD164485 wrote:

Rumor has it in another post that the concert is incomplete on the vinyl. 3 songs are missing. Deep, Sonic Reducer and RITFW.
    :( I like Deep (and it's the only Ten song I have yet to hear live...well, with Dirty Frank, I'm European after all ;))
  • Options
    DD164485DD164485 Posts: 149
    DD164485 wrote:

Shit.
    That blows. Deep was really good at that show.

Sonic and RITFW I can see because maybe they didnt' want to put any covers on this release...but Deep? WTF? That song kicks all kind of ass.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Deep is listed on one site and not on another.

I hope they don't offer it as another format. It will be easy enough to download for the people that don't do vinyl, and I think it's the number one reason to get the Super Deluxe. Since I got into vinyl, I have wanted to hear some live PJ. LO2L is cool and all, but we've been spoiled by the boots.
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Reducer or RiTFW weren't on Drop. The band could just not want them on the official releases cause their not their own songs. It'd be weird for Deep to be missing, though.
  • Options
    If someone that gets this on deluxe can convert to digital format and send it to me I'd appreciate it lol.
    Otherwise I'll need to get a record player and somehow connect it to my hifi.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,571
    I am really gonna miss Sonic Reducer and RITFW. They played these songs with such passion back then. :cry:
    But I do hope they are there. Sonic Reducer was on the bonus disc that came with the avocado pre-orders.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    If someone that gets this on deluxe can convert to digital format and send it to me I'd appreciate it lol.
    www.pearljamboots.com has it along with all of there other shows. very good site
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    www.pearljamboots.com has it along with all of there other shows. very good site

Already downloaded it but it is very poor sound quality, barley listenable.
    Compare that to the Super Deluxe version which you can listen to on this site and you will see how much better it is.
    Thanks anyways ;)
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Now that the Please Release unplugged threads will no longer be necessary, I guess someone will start a "Please Release Drop in the Park on cd " thread .
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    And that someone may be me ;)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,156
    And that someone may be me ;)

Or me!!! :P

j/k
  • Options
    Pretty please? I'll be the first to purchase it lol
    It would cost a fortune to buy a record player, new amp, speakers etc.
    :)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    I have a feeling that it will show up as a digital download after the hype of the release wears off....
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Travelar wrote:
    I have a feeling that it will show up as a digital download after the hype of the release wears off....
    That would be sweet, all remastered and sh*t!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    I hope not.. Let that shit stay on vinyl... :twisted:
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    I just picked up a pretty nice sony turntable that has a usb port.
    Ill be converting all the vinyl to flac asap.
  • Options
    It can easily be transferred to CD using a computer
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Pretty please? I'll be the first to purchase it lol
    It would cost a fortune to buy a record player, new amp, speakers etc.
    :)
    send me the vinyl and ill send u the cd ;)
    i do have a vinyl ripper
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    leadbedr wrote:
    I just picked up a pretty nice sony turntable that has a usb port.
    Ill be converting all the vinyl to flac asap.

Hopefully this is the only solution. If they release the live vinyl, individually, they may as well release the unplugged dvd, the Mamasan demo, the pics, the show print, the journal etc etc etc.
  • Options
    Travelar wrote:

i hope so!
    i got the super deluxe edition so i will get the vinyl, but i haven't owned a turntable in over 10 years and no plans on buying another. i definitely would LOVE a CD of this...but sure, will settle for a DL. ;):D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i will be ripping it properly! ;)
    Tour with fucking NOFX