New Gibson guitar

FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
edited April 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Last weekend I purchased a Gibson custom ES-339 guitar from guitar center (the anti-christ). I was browsing the web and noticed that I was supposed to receice a cert. of authenticity with my purchase. My sales rep told me that guitar center did not have it and Gibson told me that guitar center should have it. Is this a big deal? The guy from Gibson explained the only thing I need it for is the warranty and if I plan on selling it in the future, it will add some value to the sale. Any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Get it. Don't let Guitar Center off the hook. If they won't give it to you, get a refund and go somewhere else.

EDIT: I have no practical reason for feeling this way (not sure if affects resale, etc) but just a general hatred and distrust of Guitar Center. Plus, it's listed as a feature of the guitar on their site so you should have it...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    if it states anywhere that you should be getting a certificate, then you should get it. it doesn't matter where you bought it from---if they say that they'll give you one, keep at them until they do so. just my .02!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Get it. You dropped $2k on a guitar. It's guitar center's problem, not Gibson's.

Those 339's are awesome. Never realized they were quite as small as they are, til I seen one in person.

You only need it for the warranty? Gibson have lifetime guarantees against some problems. You only have a couple weeks to get them your warranty card too.
  • Woot, called guitar center and got one with the cert and all the other crap (picks, cloth, instructions). I am a very happy man now. Those guitar center folk are some shady mfers!! I learned that an old friend worked there and he helped me do the exchange!
  • RETURN YOUR GUITAR...order a brand new one factory sealed from one of the online peeps with free shipping and no sales tax for $1799...kick tires at GC, but buy brand new factory sealed never drop-D tuned pick scratched, drooled on from musician's friend or AMS
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."