Options

Dropkick Murphys

pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
edited March 2011 in Other Music
Anyone else into the Dropkick Murphys? I love this band...going to see them in LA on Friday for the first time in about 12 years...can't wait!!!!
Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    I definitely enjoy Dropkick. I will be seeing them in Philly on March 8th, and then 2 times in Boston the following weekend. Looking forward to it!
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Yep, they're great - great energy live. I try to catch them whenever they come over to the UK - love their first album.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    They're a fun live show - seen 'em once.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Yep gotta love their 5 show set around st paddy's day in boston. saw them live 3 years ago.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Yep gotta love their 5 show set around st paddy's day in boston. saw them live 3 years ago.

yeah--the last time I saw them was St Patrick's Day in Philly 12 years ago--good times!!

• Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    Love them! I'm going to see them in philly on march 8th and I can't wait!
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Going to see my 4th St. Patty's show next month. I've never been at a Dropkicks show that's been short of excellent.
  • Options
    soooooo--I had an awesome time at the show last friday...except for the fact that I got in a fight!!! i've never been close to getting in a flight in my life!

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    soooooo--I had an awesome time at the show last friday...except for the fact that I got in a fight!!! i've never been close to getting in a flight in my life!

DK is fightin' music! ;)
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

DK is fightin' music! ;)

sure is...but I never expected to be the one IN the fight!

• Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

DK is fightin' music! ;)

sure is...but I never expected to be the one IN the fight!

Just have a few more pints next time... :)
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

DK is fightin' music! ;)

sure is...but I never expected to be the one IN the fight![/quote]

Just have a few more pints next time... :)[/quote]

LOL...not sure if I would have does as well if i had any more pints in me :-) I just figure that, at the next GA pearl Jam show i go to, I'll be able to hold my own better!

• Options
    I don't know...I've seen some pretty mean scuffles trying to get to that front row to get some of that Vedder wine! Start training now for the summer tour!
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I don't know...I've seen some pretty mean scuffles trying to get to that front row to get some of that Vedder wine! Start training now for the summer tour!

do you need a bodyguard? i'm a mean, mean Janet!

training has officially begun...I still have a jacked up pinky (not sure how) and a bruise on my eye to prove it :-) I don't think that the bruise is a good look for me though, so I'll have to be more careful next time

• Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

training has officially begun...I still have a jacked up pinky (not sure how) and a bruise on my eye to prove it :-) I don't think that the bruise is a good look for me though, so I'll have to be more careful next time

Yeah! You take out the chicks and I'll take out the fellas! We'll meet in the front row to sip on some Vedder Vintage
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

Yeah! You take out the chicks and I'll take out the fellas! We'll meet in the front row to sip on some Vedder Vintage[/quote]

i can do that...see you there ;-)

• Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    to the people that are going to the philly show next weekend...when and how did you get tickets?? i've been trying for a while to get a couple on ticketbastard for me and my girlfriend but they must be holding them back till the last minute. i'm excited because this would be my 2nd time seeing them and my girlfriend said she'd go too! i introduced her about a year or two ago and she thought they were really fun, which is cool for someone to admit who generally isn't into punk. so any advice on getting some tix??
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I first saw the Dropkick Murphys as the opener of a four Boston band Mischief Night extravaganza at the Electric Factory in , I believe, 1997. It was The Dropkicks, followed by Bim Skala Bim, followed by The Amazing Royal Crowns, followed by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. The night started with Al Barr and Dicky Barrett drinking Heinekens with fans , myself included, in the El Fac balcony. eventually progressed to a blistering set by the DM's , culminating in Dicky and Al trading vocals on a kick ass cover of Highway to Hell . They set a great standard for other bands to surpass that night and have been incredible the other 5 DM shows I've caught . Great guys too. had the pleasure of meeting the band at Warped Tour several years ago.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    I first saw the Dropkick Murphys as the opener of a four Boston band Mischief Night extravaganza at the Electric Factory in , I believe, 1997. It was The Dropkicks, followed by Bim Skala Bim, followed by The Amazing Royal Crowns, followed by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. The night started with Al Barr and Dicky Barrett drinking Heinekens with fans , myself included, in the El Fac balcony. eventually progressed to a blistering set by the DM's , culminating in Dicky and Al trading vocals on a kick ass cover of Highway to Hell . They set a great standard for other bands to surpass that night and have been incredible the other 5 DM shows I've caught . Great guys too. had the pleasure of meeting the band at Warped Tour several years ago.

that's awesome! what a great line up...sounds like a fun night :-)

• Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    spat wrote:
    to the people that are going to the philly show next weekend...when and how did you get tickets?? i've been trying for a while to get a couple on ticketbastard for me and my girlfriend but they must be holding them back till the last minute. i'm excited because this would be my 2nd time seeing them and my girlfriend said she'd go too! i introduced her about a year or two ago and she thought they were really fun, which is cool for someone to admit who generally isn't into punk. so any advice on getting some tix??

I am going to the Electric Factory show on Sunday. I got tickets back in Nov/Dec via a pre-sale on the DKM site. Can't remember exactly when. I am also going to see them in Boston next weekend for 2 shows. So excited. Did you try craigslist? I know the show is sold out, but maybe someone has some extras that you can get relatively cheap.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    Just wondering if anyone that made it to the awesome show in philly might have gotten some pictures. I left my camera at the hotel and didn't have time to walk back and get it. I had a great time and would love to see some pictures if anyone got any.
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    sickgirl wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone that made it to the awesome show in philly might have gotten some pictures. I left my camera at the hotel and didn't have time to walk back and get it. I had a great time and would love to see some pictures if anyone got any.

i didn't make it :( so upset! but how was the set list? they do any good covers? i saw them in AC a few years back and they did baba which was pretty cool
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    stickfig13 wrote:

So...wait...what happened?
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

So...wait...what happened?

welllll...I instigated, but I don't think what I asked for was unreasonable.

The couple in front of us was making out so disgustingly and raunchily that I pushed the guy to get his attention. he looked at me, then resumed licking his gfs face off, so i pushed him again, leaned forward and said "if you're gonna do that can you at least move over so we don't have to watch?" and the girl got in my face saying "what are you gonna do?? i ignored her which pissed her off.
    finally I said, "at least you guys are so short I can see over you" and she pushed me...my hubby separated us, and her bf pushed me. while hubby put bf in a headlock, gf came at my and threw a punch that glanced off the side of my temple (hence the bruise) and she grabbed my tank top/bra strap and started pulling.
    i did the only thing i could think of and reached out and grabbed her by the throat so she'd stop trying to hit me and pulling my top off at the same time. it worked...I stiff armed her and she couldn't reach me. we ended up on the ground, with me holding her down by the throat...security pulled me off her and separated us.
    2 songs later the show was over, and as I expected, they were waiting for us. fortunately they waited INSIDE the venue, and security saw them come twds us...while security was talking to them, I grabbed hubby and walked to the closest exit possible and briskly walked to our car :-)

so there you have it---don't try to lick your gfs face off in front of me :-)

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Awesome Band !!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    New DM album coming out March 1: "Going Out In Style"

Seeing them March 8 in at the Electric Factory...anyone else???

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Loving this new album. Great songwriting and always love the Murphys style. Wish I was going to the HOB for St Paddy's Day.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Loving this new album. Great songwriting and always love the Murphys style. Wish I was going to the HOB for St Paddy's Day.

i'm loving the new album too. won't be there on st. paddy's day but hoping they come to the south sometime soon
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Love the Dropkick Murphys!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUw7_ICeB7o

Check out the video for the title song from the new album. Great cameos by Lenny Clarke, Bobby Orr and Kevin Youkilis.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925